Hunting properties

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Hunting properties

Post by ebr love » 17 Apr 2014, 11:47 am

jthunting wrote:Will take some snaps...

Yeah send some pictures of the deer. And uh... An invitation? :lol:
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by jthunting » 17 Apr 2014, 2:16 pm

Were abouts are you at ?
.22 .22mag .243 7mm rem mag .338 wm .338 lm .50 bmg 12 g
jthunting
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by ebr love » 18 Apr 2014, 11:28 am

I was only joking mate. Not trying to pressure and invite. ;)

Keen as for some pictures though :)
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 25 Dec 2017, 7:03 am

anyone else got any feedback on inland hunting properties ? looking at west of brisbane
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Coastie » 28 Dec 2017, 9:01 am

bigrich wrote:anyone else got any feedback on inland hunting properties ? looking at west of brisbane

Yeah, a mate and I went a couple of years ago.
not recommended at all!!! STAY AWAY!!!!.
We got to the property and met the farmer. he was a nice, genuine ozzy bloke that had a couple properties on offer. The website advertised this property to have pigs, goats, deer, fox's and rabbits. I was drooling!!!!.The property I chose and paid for! through inland hunting was not the property we were allowed to hunt, it was a neighbouring property, the photos on the web of the cabin was not the cabin we paid for either, we stayed in a dingy dirt tin shed with no running water etc, which would of been ok if we had been told so we could pack appropriately and didn't pay the extra money.
The property owner then tells us there is no deer (which is our main target!) no goats, no pigs. and not many rabbits.
His words exactly, "if you are coming here to get away from the city and relax, you will have a great week. But i highly doubt you will get any game. Feel free to set up targets". (we don't live in the city, so that's not why we were there)
Now, that is a totally different story to what inland hunting was selling! I also spoke with them over the phone.They do not release the owners details until you have paid, so no telling what bulls**t they are selling.
We got about 3 rabbits and that is it. Did not see anything else.
If you read the fine print, it says no refunds, if you cause trouble you will be banned. No Guarantees, if you do not get anything that's basically because you are a piss poor hunter! bulls**t!
We have been hunting deer and goats for years with success year in and year out at state forests.
Please keep your money in your pocket unless you are looking to get away from the city!!!!
Good Luck
Coastie
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 28 Dec 2017, 3:59 pm

thanks for the advice coastie, looking at doing a move to the bush atm, that might work out to be a better lifestyle change anyway, and develop local contacts
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 29 Dec 2017, 7:55 am

any other feedback on this topic ?
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 29 Dec 2017, 7:58 am

surely not all farmers are looking to con people onto property with no game ? any good experiences ?
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey