Hunting in populated areas

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Hunting in populated areas

Post by Fionn » 12 Jul 2022, 8:58 pm

bladeracer wrote:I don't consider your opinion to be worth the effort, but if it might help the OP, and others looking for the same information, I will post something of a summary.

First, let me address your refuting that any property in NSW is zoned rural:
"State Environmental Planning Policy (Rural Lands) 2008 defines the RU1 to RU6 zones. Zone RU5 is Rural Residential, but is still classed as rural property as far as I can determine. RU2 is rural but cannot be devloped in any way.
https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/view/whole/html/inforce/current/epi-2008-0128"

"The five main zones are:
R1 Zoning NSW – General Residential
R2 Zoning NSW – Low-Density Residential
R3 Zoning NSW – Medium Density Residential
R4 Zoning NSW – High-Density Residential
R5 Zoning NSW – Large Lot Residential

then you have RU types
(a) Zone RU1 Primary Production,
(b) Zone RU2 Rural Landscape,
(c) Zone RU3 Forestry,
(d) Zone RU4 Rural Small Holdings,
(e) Zone RU6 Transition,
(f) Zone E2 Environmental Conservation,
(g) Zone E3 Environmental Management.
(h) Zone E4 Environmental Living"

That Act was repealed 4 years ago.

bladeracer wrote:"Genuine Reason for hunting on private land only requires "rural property" - https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/online_services/firearms/licences/pages/recreational_hunting_vermin_control_genuine_reason"
Genuine Reason NSW.JPG

The Genuine reason is to obtain a firearms licence in NSW in that you must have a genuine reason to obtain the licence, nothing to do with what planning zones you may or may not shoot on.

bladeracer wrote:As for the non-rural property are you stating that I am wrong and that it is actually legal to shoot on property in NSW that is not zoned rural? I have already stated that special permissions can be gained to shoot on properties that are not zoned rural, and gave the example of shooting ranges. Other situations are re-enactments, theatrical and film production, pest control activities, and probably some other things. These all require special permissions to allow them.

Or you could just admit that you were wrong.

Once again you said
bladeracer wrote:Is the block zoned "rural"? If not then no shooting..

Clearly by your above example that you have given you were wrong in that post, just admit it.

But back to the question you can't answer. Where in law does it say you can only shoot on land zoned rural* without special permissions.

Its a pretty simple question.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey