7.62x39 for Sambar

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: 7.62x39 for Sambar

Post by Fionn » 03 Apr 2023, 7:46 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Then why claim you answered it when you clearly didn't?
This was your "answer":

I am very much aware what my answer entailed, ask an unspecified question, get an unspecific answer!
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 03 Apr 2023, 9:41 pm

If there are two sambar stags fighting inside one motel room and keith moon from THE WHO is staying in the other , which room has the biggest repair bill ?
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by animalpest » 03 Apr 2023, 11:39 pm

Fionn wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
Then why claim you answered it when you clearly didn't?
This was your "answer":

I am very much aware what my answer entailed, ask an unspecified question, get an unspecific answer!

Why do you do this Fionn when you wouldn't answer my question posed to you. Oh wait, that's because you are so busy trying to be smart.

Let me pose another question to you Fionn, what has less power than a 7.62x39 that would kill you plenty of times that a bikie might have?
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 04 Apr 2023, 5:44 am

Blr243 wrote:If there are two sambar stags fighting inside one motel room and keith moon from THE WHO is staying in the other , which room has the biggest repair bill ?

it depends if keith moon has keith richards from the rolling stones over for drinks ........ :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 04 Apr 2023, 5:52 am

Fionn wrote:
It hasn't been the right time of year for stalking Sambar, surely you would know this!

can you explain why ? :unknown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Fionn » 04 Apr 2023, 7:03 am

Iit not hard to flush out and expose the people that have no real idea about stalking Sambar, but want to tell others what is and isn't a suitable calibre. :D

Anyone who stalks Sambar would understand my answer, those that don't are the fakers talking out their arse.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Apr 2023, 7:51 am

Fionn wrote:Iit not hard to flush out and expose the people that have no real idea about stalking Sambar, but want to tell others what is and isn't a suitable calibre. :D

Anyone who stalks Sambar would understand my answer, those that don't are the fakers talking out their arse.

that doesn't answer my question . :unknown: it's a avoiding, non-answer :unknown:

i would like you to explain your answer about stalking sambar . educate me . i haven't stalked sambar , and would like to know . up here in qld if your not after trophy's , you can hunt reds, rusa , ect , all year round for meat
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by animalpest » 04 Apr 2023, 11:37 am

bigrich wrote:
Fionn wrote:Iit not hard to flush out and expose the people that have no real idea about stalking Sambar, but want to tell others what is and isn't a suitable calibre. :D

that doesn't answer my question . :unknown: it's a avoiding, non-answer :unknown:

i would like you to explain your answer about stalking sambar . educate me . i haven't stalked sambar , and would like to know . up here in qld if your not after trophy's , you can hunt reds, rusa , ect , all year round for meat

Yep, posed the same question but Fionn refuses to answer. He moves so smoothbut has no answers (apologies to Cat Stevens)
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 04 Apr 2023, 11:58 am

bigrich wrote:that doesn't answer my question . :unknown: it's a avoiding, non-answer :unknown:

I'm confused as well :-)
All deer species down here in Victoria are year-round as well, for trophies, meat, or just pest control. But their behaviour varies during the year.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Apr 2023, 1:07 pm

bladeracer wrote:
bigrich wrote:that doesn't answer my question . :unknown: it's a avoiding, non-answer :unknown:

All deer species down here in Victoria are year-round as well, for trophies, meat, or just pest control. But their behaviour varies during the year.

Your right. But Hog deer are an exception. I think its just this month. (April) And you need to organise a tag.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Apr 2023, 1:26 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Your right. But Hog deer are an exception. I think its just this month. (April) And you need to organise a tag.

Yes, of course. I was intending to include that in my statement but got distracted by stuff happening here - thanks for catching it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 04 Apr 2023, 7:20 pm

It’s amazing how many of you will try and tell people what caliber is suitable for sambar but come unstuck when your knowledge of stalking and hunting them is tested (in a rather basic way)

But no, I am not going to explain my comment to a bunch of fake, wannabe’s. If you are lucky someone who actually hunts them will take pity on you and will explain my comment.

What a bunch of losers :clap: :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 04 Apr 2023, 7:55 pm

Fionn wrote:It’s amazing how many of you will try and tell people what caliber is suitable for sambar but come unstuck when your knowledge of stalking and hunting them is tested (in a rather basic way)

But no, I am not going to explain my comment to a bunch of fake, wannabe’s. If you are lucky someone who actually hunts them will take pity on you and will explain my comment.

There is only one loser here. And with little to no experience or credibility to boot.

Gosh, someone like Fionn needs to teach me how to hunt. I need that.
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Fionn » 04 Apr 2023, 8:24 pm

animalpest wrote:
Fionn wrote:It’s amazing how many of you will try and tell people what caliber is suitable for sambar but come unstuck when your knowledge of stalking and hunting them is tested (in a rather basic way)

There is only one loser here. And with little to no experience or credibility to boot.

Gosh, someone like Fionn needs to teach me how to hunt. I need that.

The expected pathetic reply, if your lucky the Admin will delete the thread to hide your and the others collective shame, :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Apr 2023, 8:32 pm

Well, my bet is the real reason you will not explain is simply because you have NFI.

The only way to respond to this garbage is:

Fionn the pidgeon is a,

Wanker.jpg
Wanker.jpg (1.78 KiB) Viewed 2540 times

Yes, we wannabe's as you put it wannabe good hunters who respect the animal that we are hunting, unlike yourself.

The vast majority of members here join inorder to learn. You have learnt nothing even tho almost everyone here thinks you are wrong. I mean you must be out numbered about 10 to 1. Sheesh. In your own small mind you are convinced that you are right, but your not.

Good luck with the blood trail and your bitter disappointment thst will surely follow.
I just hope it's a clean miss, for the deer's sake.

And I will repeat, going out with the intention a useing a 357 (as you stated was your intent, but later deleted) on a sambar is just looking to cause the beast a poor and painful death and should probably be considered animal cruelty.

Since we are all stupid "wannabe's" I guess you will no longer wish to be here.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 04 Apr 2023, 8:54 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Well, my bet is the real reason you will not explain is simply because you have NFI.

Like with most things you would be wrong, here is a hint, read any of the Sambar Hunting books or better yet simply google it. :lol:

Oldbloke wrote:Yes, we wannabe's as you put it wannabe good hunters who respect the animal that we are hunting, unlike yourself.

Well you wannabe's should learn something about the animals you hunt, instead of over compensating for your lack of skill or knowledge using excessively large calibers to make up for being a wannabe.

Your just s**ty because your been exposed espousing knowledge that you don't have, recommending calibers when your never hunted Sambar.

Frankly its not even the behaviour of a wannabe, it's a loser.

Oldbloke wrote:The vast majority of members here join inorder to learn. You have learnt nothing even tho almost everyone here thinks you are wrong. I mean you must be out numbered about 10 to 1. Sheesh. In your own small mind you are convinced that you are right, but your not.

10 fake wannabe's agreeing doesn't make you right. :lol: more like a circle jerk.

Oldbloke wrote:Good luck with the blood trail and your bitter disappointment thst will surely follow.
I just hope it's a clean miss, for the deer's sake.

What would you know, you have been exposed as knowing nothing about Sambar hunting.

Oldbloke wrote:And I will repeat, going out with the intention a useing a 357 (as you stated was your intent, but later deleted) on a sambar is just looking to cause the beast a poor and painful death and should probably be considered animal cruelty.

I didn't delete anything, its a bit like when you said I was going to hunt them with a 7.62x39 which was wrong.

Oldbloke wrote:Since we are all stupid "wannabe's" I guess you will no longer wish to be here.

As I said before, I am here for entertainment, I love watching people making a fool of themselves and then doubling down on it.
Last edited by Fionn on 04 Apr 2023, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 04 Apr 2023, 8:54 pm

Nothing to add, but wanted to get to 500 to parody life :lol:

Oh don't worry, I am sure the Admin will be along shortly to hide your shame.

But just know, I won't forget :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Apr 2023, 9:09 pm

" I will repeat, going out with the intention a useing a 357 as you stated was your intent, but later delete) on a sambar is just looking to cause the beast a poor and painful death and should probably be considered animal cruelty"

My error. But your still a wanker. :drinks:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 04 Apr 2023, 9:13 pm

Oldbloke wrote:" I will repeat, going out with the intention a useing a 357 as you stated was your intent, but later delete) on a sambar is just looking to cause the beast a poor and painful death and should probably be considered animal cruelty"

Considering your wrong about just about everything, which is quite remarkable in itself, I thank you. :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Apr 2023, 9:59 pm

Hey, at least I can admit when I make a mistake.

For 4 months you have not had the balls to admit your wrong. By your "logic" you know better than every other member here.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 04 Apr 2023, 11:31 pm

And here is Fionn, the great master of hunting, who ignores genuine questions asked. Because you love to try to criticise people but have no answers yourself.

Having never hunted Sambar but plenty of other deer species (reds, fallow and Rusa) as well as thousands of animals of the same size as Samba then I can tell you with experience that very few have that unless you have perfect head shots then a .357 magnum does not cut the mustard.

Again I will state that Fionn talks with forked tongue purely as an antagonistic wannabe with little to no personal experience.

The only way these sorts of people work is to not answer questions that may expose their lack of actual experiences but try (unsuccessfully) to make personal attacks on people.

That my friends, is the classic traits of a delusional wannabe which I have doubts has ever hunted.
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 05 Apr 2023, 4:54 am

animalpest wrote:And here is Fionn, the great master of hunting, who ignores genuine questions asked. Because you love to try to criticise people but have no answers yourself.

Having never hunted Sambar but plenty of other deer species (reds, fallow and Rusa) as well as thousands of animals of the same size as Samba then I can tell you with experience that very few have that unless you have perfect head shots then a .357 magnum does not cut the mustard.

Again I will state that Fionn talks with forked tongue purely as an antagonistic wannabe with little to no personal experience.

The only way these sorts of people work is to not answer questions that may expose their lack of actual experiences but try (unsuccessfully) to make personal attacks on people.

That my friends, is the classic traits of a delusional wannabe which I have doubts has ever hunted.

this is about on par with my assessment of fionn . :thumbsup: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 05 Apr 2023, 5:08 am

you still haven't answered my question with regards to stalking sambar . you've changed the topic and are now engaged in narcasistic insulting arguments with other forum members who have vast amounts of field knowledge as opposed to you . it's obvious your a insecure, keyboard warrior/try-hard , who's on this forum just for a sh!t stir . a lot of people have given you a chance , but your just determined to be a know-it-all , who's never wrong ,who resorts to insults when he's caught out. you can use all the "high minded" arguments and insults you want , but that doesn't change the facts and your actions speak for themselves . grow up :unknown:

have a great day :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by womble » 05 Apr 2023, 5:16 am

I’m going with on rdo’s
Because stalking sambar at work would get me a lot of trouble and i doubt the police would believe my excuse
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 05 Apr 2023, 5:20 am

womble wrote:I’m going with on rdo’s
Because stalking sambar at work would get me a lot of trouble and i doubt the police would believe my excuse

your up early womble :D i new a fella who was a safety officer on projects out in rural areas . he used to get a bit of hunting in :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by animalpest » 05 Apr 2023, 7:44 am

I don't go on hunting trips, I go to work :thumbsup:
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 05 Apr 2023, 8:45 am

animalpest wrote:I don't go on hunting trips, I go to work :thumbsup:

half your luck mate :D :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 05 Apr 2023, 4:35 pm

Fionn wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:" I will repeat, going out with the intention a useing a 357 as you stated was your intent, but later delete) on a sambar is just looking to cause the beast a poor and painful death and should probably be considered animal cruelty"

Considering your wrong about just about everything, which is quite remarkable in itself, I thank you. :lol:

Don't bother arguing with someone with early dementia. It has been pretty obvious to me for years the old bloke has very limited hunting experience.

I don't bother posting any hunting videos here as he has a lot to critique and little to contribute and I don't bother giving him any time.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 12 Apr 2023, 10:57 am

animalpest wrote:And here is Fionn, the great master of hunting, who ignores genuine questions asked. Because you love to try to criticise people but have no answers yourself.

I ignore the question as it's not a genuine question! Anyone who is commenting on what type of firearm is suitable for Sambar stalking should know the answer otherwise it just shows they are talking out their arse.

Equally if those said people really wanted to know the answer it's not hard to find.

animalpest wrote:Having never hunted Sambar but plenty of other deer species (reds, fallow and Rusa) as well as thousands of animals of the same size as Samba then I can tell you with experience that very few have that unless you have perfect head shots then a .357 magnum does not cut the mustard.

Fairy typical response from someone with no argument, first the veiled threats and now attacking the person due to lack of an argument.

Completely expected.

animalpest wrote:The only way these sorts of people work is to not answer questions that may expose their lack of actual experiences but try (unsuccessfully) to make personal attacks on people.

The answer is pretty easy for anyone that's stalked Sambar, the only people seem to have issues knowing the answer are people who have never stalked Sambar and aren't smart enough to find out the answer themselves with being spoon fed the answer.

It's amusing to watch the little hissy fits they are throwing because they don't know. :D
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 12 Apr 2023, 11:00 am

bigrich wrote:

you still haven't answered my question with regards to stalking sambar . you've changed the topic and are now engaged in narcasistic insulting arguments with other forum members who have vast amounts of field knowledge as opposed to you . it's obvious your a insecure, keyboard warrior/try-hard , who's on this forum just for a sh!t stir . a lot of people have given you a chance , but your just determined to be a know-it-all , who's never wrong ,who resorts to insults when he's caught out. you can use all the "high minded" arguments and insults you want , but that doesn't change the facts and your actions speak for themselves . grow up :unknown:

have a great day :thumbsup:

Instead of having a hissy fit because I won't answer your question, how about you do some research on the topic instead of expecting me to spoon feed you answers.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey