Cape york places to hunt?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Cape york places to hunt?

Post by QLDshooter1 » 19 May 2014, 8:23 pm

Howdy,
Heading up to the tip in 5 weeks and back down across to Weipa- cant wait! Just wondering if anyone knows of properties or know of anyone up there that wouldn't mind me going for a shoot for a pig for a day or two. I know there are plenty of idiots that head up there and that's why i am wanting to do the right thing and get permission. Hunted all my life, just my wife and 2yr old daughter on the trip, just a rifle (3030)- respectful responsible people who have grown up in the bush. PM if there is any ideas, thanks heaps
QLDshooter1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Cape york places to hunt?

Post by Mick375hh » 19 May 2014, 8:53 pm

Try Bramwell Station at the start of the telegraph track they let me go for a hunt .
It was a few years back in 07 and take a golf club for the cane toads .
Mick375hh
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Cape york places to hunt?

Post by QLDshooter1 » 19 May 2014, 9:26 pm

Mick375hh wrote:Try Bramwell Station at the start of the telegraph track they let me go for a hunt .
It was a few years back in 07 and take a golf club for the cane toads .

Oh yeah ok thats good. Did you pre plan this by ringing ahead or just when you were there? Do anygood? Not getting fussy - just interested now that i am thinking of hunting haha
QLDshooter1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey