130gr bullets and large deer

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: 130gr bullets and large deer

Post by Lorgar » 19 Sep 2014, 10:19 am

Timb0 wrote:Noslers ballistic tipped hunting bullets have a thicker jacket then varmint bullets and they go on about how they have bonded the jacket to the lead to control the expansion. I haven't used these much but plenty of people say they are a good thing.

You're confusing Ballistic Tips with Accubonds there. Accubonds have the bonded core and jacket.

I don't use them just because they're quite expensive and the regular Ballistic Tips do the job for me. I've used them plenty of times though shooting with a mate who regularly uses them and they're great bullets with excellent weight retention.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Timb0 » 19 Sep 2014, 12:13 pm

Lorgar wrote:You're confusing Ballistic Tips with Accubonds there. Accubonds have the bonded core and jacket.

Yes, your correct that should be accubond.

I think I payed over $1 each last time I purchased the standard accubond. I didn't buy them again,
Marlin XT22 .22lr, Ruger M77/22 .22wmr, Rem 7615 .223, Ruger M77 .223, Weatherby MarkV .243, Rem 700 VLS .243, Kimber Montana .270, Weatherby MarkV .270Wby mag, Rem 700 .308, Khan ATac 12ga.
Timb0
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lorgar » 19 Sep 2014, 3:50 pm

Sounds right.

A mate of mine shoots them in his Scout. TBH it's basically because they shot well and he CBF working up another load with cheaper bullets as it's only for hunting a couple of times a years so the cost doesn't really matter for him.

About $1.80 per hand load at the end of the day though. Pricey...
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey