Shot placement in the chest

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Shot placement in the chest

Post by bigfellascott » 31 Oct 2014, 1:43 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:I prefer to use a .243 for pigs, a GAP-10 chambered in .243 would be great, a friend in the USA has a GAP-10 in .308 it shoots 0.25 MOA with a 20 inch barrel.

Tell em the price son! FMD $3k plus - a lot of $$ just to shoot a few pigs etc. (nice rifle but)

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision ... p-10-.html
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 31 Oct 2014, 2:05 pm

It's still cheaper than any new Cat D in Australia, far more accurate as well, most production Cat D are only good for 1 MOA.

There is about a 10 month wait for delivery, i suspect that might be because Bartlein barels have a long wait due to backlog of orders.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by mahna » 31 Oct 2014, 2:21 pm

I guess there is probably a "Cat D tax" on them, right?

One more bit pricing people out of it.
.270 Savage Axis XP
Weaver 40/44 3-10x44
mahna
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 31 Oct 2014, 2:39 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:It's still cheaper than any new Cat D in Australia, far more accurate as well, most production Cat D are only good for 1 MOA.

There is about a 10 month wait for delivery, i suspect that might be because Bartlein barels have a long wait due to backlog of orders.

Mate they are pigs not little black dots on a target! :lol: so long as it goes bang it will be good enough for pigs. :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Westy » 31 Oct 2014, 8:24 pm

MAN I MISS THE GOOD OLD DAY WHERE YOU GOT A SKS FOR UNDER A 100 BUCKS AND A 1000 ROUNDS FOR ANOTHER 100 BUCKS AND AWAY YOU WENT OR A SLR FOR UNDER A 1000 BUCKS AND A 1000 ROUND BOX OF 308 FROM THE TARAGINDI GUNSHOP AND PRECIDED TO BANG AWAY ALL DAY!!!! 10 f***ing MONTHS WE COULDN'T WAIT 10 f***ing MINUTES BACK THEN,NO f***ing PTA'S AND INTO THE BOOT THEY WENT AND OUT FOR A SHOOT.NOW THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!AND I'M AS SURE AS s**t THATS NO 223 HE BANGING AWAY WITH IMHO!!!!!! MY MONEYS ON A 308
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 31 Oct 2014, 8:47 pm

I liked the mini 14 myself :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Westy » 01 Nov 2014, 6:36 am

You musta been a rich Bastard to be able to afford one of those they were like $300-00!!!!!! :lol: :D :lol:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Nov 2014, 7:50 am

And worth every cent! :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by agentzero » 01 Nov 2014, 11:11 am

bigfellascott wrote:Mate they are pigs not little black dots on a target! :lol: so long as it goes bang it will be good enough for pigs. :lol:

What about hunting teacup pigs?

See! You didn't think about that!
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Previous

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey