PETA: "Your mommy kills animals"

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

PETA: "Your mommy kills animals"

Post by Antie » 28 Nov 2014, 1:42 pm

So. This is in pretty good taste.

You stay classy PETA.

peta-comic.jpg
peta-comic.jpg (124.1 KiB) Viewed 6880 times
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: PETA: "Your mommy kills animals"

Post by 1290 » 28 Nov 2014, 5:31 pm

Those freaks AKA PETA are so far detached from reality... it is scary.

"Foxes usually survive by eating fruit, berries, roots, carrion, rats, and slugs. Foxes play an important ecological role, as they “clean” the environment, and their survival often depends upon the amount of available food in their territories."

yup. OK. The Steve Lee with PETA was also very interesting, how did it go... the animal are 'people'.....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Westy » 28 Nov 2014, 6:01 pm

It's bad enough we get this sort of abuse in the real world do we really need it here Too????? Serious
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 29 Nov 2014, 12:29 pm

i want that comic,,id get my daughter to take it to school :lol: perfect for show and tell :lol: :lol:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Warrigul » 29 Nov 2014, 4:13 pm

Antie wrote:So. This is in pretty good taste.

You stay classy PETA.

And yet they had the hide to go to the advertising standards board about the "always a hunter" SSAA campaign being offensive?

Double standards
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Guliver » 29 Nov 2014, 4:46 pm

I think Peta needs to look at a word in the dictionary "Propaganda" because that's exactly what crap like we see above is.

Foxes are an imported pest as are rabbits, feral dogs and cats are these people for real?

There are very few native species that are hunted and the ones that are are in no way endangered.

I'm a target shooter haven't hunted since I was a kid with Dad, but there's no way that sort of crap should be inflicted on the general population.

I wonder if they are all vegetarians, because if the aren't the also need to look up another word "Hypocrite"
Guliver
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 29 Nov 2014, 5:27 pm

Guliver wrote:I think Peta needs to look at a word in the dictionary "Propaganda" because that's exactly what crap like we see above is.

Foxes are an imported pest as are rabbits, feral dogs and cats are these people for real?

There are very few native species that are hunted and the ones that are are in no way endangered.

I'm a target shooter haven't hunted since I was a kid with Dad, but there's no way that sort of crap should be inflicted on the general population.

I wonder if they are all vegetarians, because if the aren't the also need to look up another word "Hypocrite"

Hypocrisy/or more so hypo-crazy, doesnt exist in the environmentalist movement, I think they have a special dictionary.... best exemplified by the Greens MPs who fly laps around the nation in hydrocarbon fueled jet-liners, spewing out plentiful amounts of CO2 (which I accept and have no problem with) but pleading/demanding we conserve and cut back on our carbon emissions, have shorter showers lead conservative lives etc et-bloomin-cetera.... not to mention the 'sufficient trips to and fro Canberra in the same jets.....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Westy » 30 Nov 2014, 5:50 am

"Your mommy kills animals"

Well who the hell did they think taught me???? :lol: :evil: :lol:

Good onya Mum
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Warrigul » 30 Nov 2014, 11:20 am

My Nan taught me how to tree snare possum, trap rabbits and setup and lay a good fence line.

Bloodthirsty women.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by 1290 » 30 Nov 2014, 11:34 am

Mine taught me to skin a rabbit... and make cheese!
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Combat_Wombat » 30 Nov 2014, 10:15 pm

Pretty sure every grandma in Australia has owned a 410 at some stage at another haha
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bluerob » 01 Dec 2014, 6:17 am

The problem with this, is that it will gain traction in some areas, which may have an affect on our sport (whether that be hunting or target shooting).

The organizations that oppose our sports have the potential to give us serious grief, again (banning semi auto rifles, limiting calibre's, requiring PTA's etc etc).

Are we (firearm owners) as organised and prepared to defend our sport at the next elections? I'm a bit concerned.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Victoria with a new government in place.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Antie » 01 Dec 2014, 8:37 am

Westy wrote:It's bad enough we get this sort of abuse in the real world do we really need it here Too????? Serious

Mate I don't know if you misunderstood my intent.

I'm not pushing the message, I'm saying how ridiculous it is.
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by artimu » 01 Dec 2014, 8:45 am

Warrigul wrote:And yet they had the hide to go to the advertising standards board about the "always a hunter" SSAA campaign being offensive?

+1

Such hypocritical bulls**t from them... As always.

Telling kids there mother is some sort of maniacal sadist, that's totally cool.

But a picture of reality in the form of a hunter standing on a property with his rifle (unloaded, open bolt, and pointed safely I'll add)... That's offensive!

:roll:
artimu
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by agentzero » 01 Dec 2014, 8:46 am

bluerob wrote:The problem with this, is that it will gain traction in some areas, which may have an affect on our sport (whether that be hunting or target shooting).

I notice on the "cover" it says Nov 03.

I suspect this is a long gone campaign and just an image floating around the net. Not something they're pushing.

Hopefully anyway.
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by RoginaJack » 27 Mar 2017, 10:37 am

Feral Cats: Trapping is the Kindest Solution

Also, feral cats can pose a threat to wildlife. In 2002, a colony of rare native Hawaiian sea birds was all but destroyed by feral cats: Over the span of two weeks, nearly 100 birds were killed.(5) The American Bird Conservancy estimates that free-roaming cats kill millions of birds every year and that “for every bird they kill, they kill at least three other animals.” (6)

Cats Can’t Live on ‘Bread’ Alone
Many people who encounter feral cats start feeding them, but merely feeding the cats without capturing them can actually make the situation worse. Feeding ferals increases their ability to give birth to more kittens who are destined to suffer and die painful deaths. It is essential to get these cats off the streets in order to prevent suffering for both them and their offspring. Feeding should only be done as a prelude to trapping, as a way of getting cats accustomed to eating in a certain place at a certain time.

AND from out of whose mouth does these words of wisdom come from - PETA! :welcome:

I came across this article while looking for ideas on a very wild feral cat that's causing a problem around here. :D

REF:
http://www.peta.org/issues/companion-animal-issues/companion-animals-factsheets/feral-cats-trapping-kindest-solution/
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by monbeg » 27 Mar 2017, 11:16 am

:mrgreen:
Attachments
PETA Sauce.jpg
PETA Sauce.jpg (93.09 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
monbeg
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 27 Mar 2017, 12:18 pm

LOL! :clap: :clap:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 27 Mar 2017, 12:26 pm

I like the steak sauce.

I've got one of these shirts.

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/ANIMALS- ... 10402.aspx
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Elmer » 27 Mar 2017, 2:29 pm

1290 wrote:Those freaks AKA PETA are so far detached from reality... it is scary.

"Foxes usually survive by eating fruit, berries, roots, carrion, rats, and slugs. Foxes play an important ecological role, as they “clean” the environment, and their survival often depends upon the amount of available food in their territories."
Thats right in THEIR native environment NOT ours.

yup. OK. The Steve Lee with PETA was also very interesting, how did it go... the animal are 'people'.....
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Skitz » 05 Jul 2017, 9:11 am

Wtf LMAO!
Skitz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Wobble » 24 Jul 2017, 10:04 am

Foxes usually survive by eating fruit, berries, roots, carrion, rats, and slugs. Foxes play an important ecological role, as they “clean” the environment, and their survival often depends upon the amount of available food in their territories.

So PETA are cool with killing rats?

I'll crack out the ratshot and let them know the good works I'm doing then :lol:
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control