Shooting on private property run in

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Shooting on private property run in

Post by agentzero » 16 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm

Warrigul wrote:Some people however like to pry.

I know what you mean. I've got 1 miserable SOD of a neighbour who can't help but try and make everyones life miserable...

Going back to Monty's original comment "As long as you have permission from the property owner you're completely within your rights to be and shoot there."

I think I'd leave it at that rigatoni. You've got you're letter now, if anyone gives you grief just say you have permission and be on your way.

"nothing to hide, nothing to fear" is the expression right? No need to spend all day satisfying the neighbour when you're in the right.

If the cops come calling, you're covered.
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by headspace » 18 Feb 2014, 7:02 pm

howtow wrote:Love your forum avatar tom604 :lol:

THAT is what he shows the property owners! guaranteed to get you permission every time.
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by headspace » 18 Feb 2014, 7:04 pm

You could look at it as an opportunity to add the neighbours place to your list, of course if they hate each other, maybe not.
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Antie » 19 Feb 2014, 3:17 pm

headspace wrote:THAT is what he shows the property owners! guaranteed to get you permission every time.

I think if you turn up wearing a Kermit the frog outfit and carrying a rifle there won't be a conversation with the neighbours... Immediate call to the Police instead :lol:
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 19 Feb 2014, 4:08 pm

headspace wrote:
howtow wrote:Love your forum avatar tom604 :lol:

THAT is what he shows the property owners! guaranteed to get you permission every time.

i think its the hat that gets them on side,,,,its a cool hat :lol: greens the new cammo 8-)
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by headspace » 19 Feb 2014, 7:08 pm

tom604 wrote:i think its the hat that gets them on side,,,,its a cool hat :lol: greens the new cammo 8-)

OH no! I was referring to Tom604's Avatar. Not that I don't like Kermit and his AK of course
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by tom604 » 20 Feb 2014, 2:47 pm

Kermit is my avatar? mixed avatars??
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by inventurkey » 20 Feb 2014, 6:12 pm

Somebodies been licking toads maybe :lol:
Savage Axis Stainless in .308
Tikka Lite .22-250 Rem
inventurkey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Jun 2017, 12:37 pm

Had a similar thing happen to me a few years back, I was leaving the property when the neighbour spotted me and came over as there had been some thefts about the area anyway I told him the property owners name and where he was (he was on holidays) and he soon realised it was ok and I gave him my name and said to call the owner whilst I was here - he never worried about it as he could tell I was legit as he knew the owner was away also.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Jun 2017, 2:43 pm

R U pissed BFS?
Very old thread
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Jun 2017, 3:53 pm

Oldbloke wrote:R U pissed BFS?
Very old thread

Nope and yep I know it's old :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Jun 2017, 6:18 pm

Smoking again? :lol:

OLD, just like U & me. :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Jun 2017, 8:00 pm

Old and worn out (almost) :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gamerancher » 06 Jun 2017, 11:25 am

Having had cattle shot by "hunters" shooting over my fences at "eye-shine" while spotlighting on the neighbors property, I don't blame someone for checking you out.
I've even caught people shooting on my place who then argue that they have permission. Had a couple of car loads of w*nkers spotlighting up and down my driveway just last weekend, they bolted when they saw headlights coming. Sick to death of it. I just call the police now.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 06 Jun 2017, 11:33 am

Gamerancher wrote: Had a couple of car loads of w*nkers spotlighting up and down my driveway just last weekend, they bolted when they saw headlights coming. Sick to death of it. I just call the police now.

Best way, I think. The shooting community doesn't need these pricks; they just reflect badly on us all.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by jaydos » 08 Jun 2017, 8:33 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Having had cattle shot by "hunters" shooting over my fences at "eye-shine" while spotlighting on the neighbors property, I don't blame someone for checking you out.
I've even caught people shooting on my place who then argue that they have permission. Had a couple of car loads of w*nkers spotlighting up and down my driveway just last weekend, they bolted when they saw headlights coming. Sick to death of it. I just call the police now.

should have fired some warning shots into the ground close to them, that woulda scared the s**t outta them :twisted: . Who am i kidding, the wankers would probably shoot back. Gotta wonder if these people are even licensed.
jaydos
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Jun 2017, 8:37 pm

"Best way, I think. The shooting community doesn't need these pricks; they just reflect badly on us all."

Yep
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by BobWilliams61 » 31 May 2019, 11:56 am

This is a bit of a hot issue in my area, small acreage, hobby farms and Melbourne Water drains. One of my neighbours gave permission for someone to target shoot on their property, it's approx. 50 acres with roads on 3 sides, I find out after investigating the shooting noise and find a guy shooting at bottles sitting against a wooden pallet which is against a perimeter fence with a .223, I point out a few safety concerns I had and he tells me to F off as he had the owner's permission, not wanting to get into it I leave him to it, I heard latter another neighbour rang the police, turns out they only had the permission of the owner's son and the owners were on holiday, so the you know what hit it when they returned from holidays!
BobWilliams61
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by DeadPool » 31 May 2019, 6:44 pm

I know this is a very old thread.
If you don't have it already, the Get Permission app can save you carrying paper and/or hassle of dealing with questions from neighbours and the law. https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/hunting/safety/shut-the-gate-on-illegal-hunting/get-permission-with-the-new-app

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... permission
iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/get-per ... 64199?mt=8
DeadPool
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by GQshayne » 31 May 2019, 7:03 pm

BobWilliams61 wrote:This is a bit of a hot issue in my area, small acreage, hobby farms and Melbourne Water drains. One of my neighbours gave permission for someone to target shoot on their property, it's approx. 50 acres with roads on 3 sides, I find out after investigating the shooting noise and find a guy shooting at bottles sitting against a wooden pallet which is against a perimeter fence with a .223, I point out a few safety concerns I had and he tells me to F off as he had the owner's permission, not wanting to get into it I leave him to it, I heard latter another neighbour rang the police, turns out they only had the permission of the owner's son and the owners were on holiday, so the you know what hit it when they returned from holidays!

Shooting at bottles shows he has no experience shooting on rural land. Absolute no-no that one. Good way to guarantee never to be invited back again.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by GQshayne » 31 May 2019, 7:04 pm

DeadPool wrote:I know this is a very old thread.
If you don't have it already, the Get Permission app can save you carrying paper and/or hassle of dealing with questions from neighbours and the law. https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/hunting/safety/shut-the-gate-on-illegal-hunting/get-permission-with-the-new-app

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... permission
iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/get-per ... 64199?mt=8

What does the app do?????
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 31 May 2019, 10:30 pm

GQshayne wrote:
BobWilliams61 wrote:This is a bit of a hot issue in my area, small acreage, hobby farms and Melbourne Water drains. One of my neighbours gave permission for someone to target shoot on their property, it's approx. 50 acres with roads on 3 sides, I find out after investigating the shooting noise and find a guy shooting at bottles sitting against a wooden pallet which is against a perimeter fence with a .223, I point out a few safety concerns I had and he tells me to F off as he had the owner's permission, not wanting to get into it I leave him to it, I heard latter another neighbour rang the police, turns out they only had the permission of the owner's son and the owners were on holiday, so the you know what hit it when they returned from holidays!

Shooting at bottles shows he has no experience shooting on rural land. Absolute no-no that one. Good way to guarantee never to be invited back again.

Plastic ones should be fine so long as you clean up ya mess, I wouldn't shoot at glass ones though, way too much mess to bother with. :D

Personally I'd rather shoot the metal gongs I have if I want to test my skills out at different ranges. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigrich » 01 Jun 2019, 1:27 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
GQshayne wrote:

Plastic ones should be fine so long as you clean up ya mess, I wouldn't shoot at glass ones though, way too much mess to bother with. :D

Personally I'd rather shoot the metal gongs I have if I want to test my skills out at different ranges. :drinks:

shooting at gongs is lots of fun BFS. but those little chinese fellas get p!ssed off though :lol: :lol: :lol:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Jon79 » 01 Jun 2019, 10:48 pm

I just have one of my business cards handy when dealing with neighbours, I hand it to them and say that’s me and my details if you want to check with the owner or the police that’s fine they are pretty happy with that as they see o have nothing to hide

On another property I shoot on the neighbour ( greens) rang the owner complaining about the shooting, so the owner asked me to go visit them and explain stuff to them

I was going past a few days later with the wife and kids and decided to call in and introduced myself and the family explained what we were doing and why and also said I was more than happy to work in with them and not come out on certain days or I could come out earlier and do that side of the property first, I also gave them my business card and said if they have any worries or want to check that it’s me out there to call me on that number... we stayed there yarning for about an hour and haven’t had a single issue since
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 02 Jun 2019, 6:21 am

Jon79 wrote:I just have one of my business cards handy when dealing with neighbours, I hand it to them and say that’s me and my details if you want to check with the owner or the police that’s fine they are pretty happy with that as they see o have nothing to hide

On another property I shoot on the neighbour ( greens) rang the owner complaining about the shooting, so the owner asked me to go visit them and explain stuff to them

I was going past a few days later with the wife and kids and decided to call in and introduced myself and the family explained what we were doing and why and also said I was more than happy to work in with them and not come out on certain days or I could come out earlier and do that side of the property first, I also gave them my business card and said if they have any worries or want to check that it’s me out there to call me on that number... we stayed there yarning for about an hour and haven’t had a single issue since

A lot of non-hunting/shooting people have no idea what it’s about, due to the media and lefty/green propaganda. When the real issues of feral animals, and the resulting extinction of native species are explained to them most people have a change in attitude to shooters. I’m sure some folks think we’re like the “Yosemite Sam” cartoon character, running around blasting anything that moves. That might be true with “long eared varmits” though..... :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Alimente » 17 Jun 2019, 6:35 am

I never go the properties I have permission to shoot on unannounced.
I make sure I have introduced myself to all neighbors and regularly chat with people around even let neighbors who permanently live on their land know that I’m coming.
Not sure if the ‘Get Permission App’ works in Victoria
Alimente
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Next

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey