Deer hunting mentor/buddy request

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Deer hunting mentor/buddy request

Post by wild goose » 10 Apr 2015, 4:22 pm

Hi all,

Having hunted smaller targets (pheasants/rabbits) for most of my life, I am starting to get the itch for deer hunting. Having recently moved to the doorstep of the yarra valley I know I have some quality deer hunting relatively close.

I am looking for someone that can assist me on this journey as a hunting mentor/buddy. Someone that has a passion for passing their knowledge on to others, experienced in deer hunting (typically sambar), responsible, decent morals, family orientated and lives in or around Melbourne (I am in Warrandyte).

Would be great to catch up with anyone interested before hand to share stories and a cold beer and obviously make sure that all are happy with the other people involved. This doesn't have to be limited to 1-2 people.

If you are the type of person that has built up knowledge over time and passionate about it and wants to help a new starter to deer hunting..... Then apply now! (PM me if you would prefer). I am sure there are plenty of decent people on here that live in the same area and feel they have something to offer.

Cheers all
Gamo Shadow 22Air
Marlin XT22
AyA 12g s/s
Howa 1500 308w
wild goose
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Deer hunting mentor/buddy request

Post by North East » 10 Apr 2015, 5:10 pm

I got no morals though.
Browning BL-22 lever action...open sights
T3 Varmint .204 Ruger...Meopta Meostar 4-16X44
T3 Lite .30-06 Sprg...Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Deer hunting mentor/buddy request

Post by wild goose » 10 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm

North East wrote:I got no morals though.

I thought I was being too picky with the 'morals' bit! ;)
Gamo Shadow 22Air
Marlin XT22
AyA 12g s/s
Howa 1500 308w
wild goose
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey