Halal is "gooder"

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Halal is "gooder"

Post by Seconds » 13 Apr 2015, 1:26 pm

Sharing bits of a conversation I couldn't help overhear at the pub for lunch today.

There were a couple sitting at the next table with a pair of girls in their 20s talking about meat and what meat their Jewish parents buy.

1st, I'm pretty sure halal strictly speaking is Islamic, not Jewish. Similar but not the same as Kosher which is Jewish.

2nd, obviously neither of them had any idea what halal actually was or what they were talking about but they seem to think it was something related to quality of the meat, not how the animal is killed. The phrase "it's just gooder" was uttered at one point :problem:

Another in the latest of people not having a f***ing clue about animals and/or meat and where it comes from.
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Halal is "gooder"

Post by David Brown » 13 Apr 2015, 5:56 pm

The dumbing down of society and the race to the bottom, which they are winning.

So where can we buy, and pay a surcharge for "christian" food products. After all if they want to have us pay a premium for certification, they should pay one for us too.

Why am I being slugged for something I do not want or need? Seriously!!!!

I may be living off a very limited choice of food……the non halal and regulated quality (country of origin) are getting rarer by the day!
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 13 Apr 2015, 6:37 pm

Halal is the same as Kosher.... as far as both being surreptitiously imposed upon us. Exercise; everyone go to the pantry and count the number of food items that have either a K or U in a circle (Kosher) or with symbols containing the words Halal or AFIC as..Halal.

Ultimately it means nothing to the food contents, but personally, if my food needed blessing I'd prefer a Christian blessing, but thats just me.....

Just to make you sleep better tonight, to know you'll enjoy your breakfast;
Recyclable CHECK
Aussie made CHECK
Halal + Kosher WTF
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Apr 2015, 7:51 pm

Its simply a tax free multi billion dollar industry that has its followers bluffed into thinking they must buy certified food when infact they can bless food themselves before eating as they have done since the conception their religion.

I look forward to the day that someone proves some halal money is being used to fund terrorism.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by headspace » 13 Apr 2015, 9:11 pm

There's already a huge groundswell of opinion against this halal business. Larry Pickering has been going on about it for some time on his blog. It also featured at most of the "reclaim Australia" demo's around the country. There's a big build up coming and the left wing mob should be very concerned.
JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 13 Apr 2015, 9:34 pm

ABC Lateline on NOW !!!

EDIT: just finished about the Halal certification revenue declaration.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Apr 2015, 9:47 pm

KWhorenet wrote:ABC Lateline on NOW !!!

EDIT: just finished about the Halal certification revenue declaration.

I missed it , What can you tell us after watching it.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by KWhorenet » 13 Apr 2015, 10:02 pm

I got excited and posted as soon as I switched it on, 2 mins later it was over so not allot but they were talking about where the money 'supposedly' goes and that some is declared but allot isn't. Trying to find it on their website but don't see the report yet.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Apr 2015, 11:07 pm

Schools and mosques ;)
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wrenchman » 14 Apr 2015, 6:37 am

liveing in michigan we have the mostt muslims in the states there is halal all over and i never have give it much thought to me its like haveing mexican food.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by sally-bee » 14 Apr 2015, 10:08 am

When I hear someone talking about it for meat I make a point of asking them how slitting an animals throat and making it bleed out makes food better.

Most don't know that's what done and are stuck for an answer.
sally-bee
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 14 Apr 2015, 11:34 am

sally-bee wrote:When I hear someone talking about it for meat I make a point of asking them how slitting an animals throat and making it bleed out makes food better.

Most don't know that's what done and are stuck for an answer.

And associating that method with Islam means .. that its inhumane of course.

We always used that method, as humanity has for how many 100s of thousands of years, but in the last few years we've suddenly grown a conscience and decided it to be wrong :clap: :clap: :roll:

The usual hypocrisy in the moral 'disgust' means that religious exemption in the stun first law allows Halal and Kosher (conveniently most leave out the Jewish side, might offend our business 'leaders') 'ritual' slaughtering.... irony is that the Jews dont eat the rear half of the animal, so without a doubt, the fridges in Coles and woolies contain UNMARKED but fully Kosher Rump, Sirloin etc....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by headspace » 14 Apr 2015, 1:05 pm

Wrenchman, you blokes had better check out the halal thing, they reckon it's going world wide and consumers end up paying more for food that has that halal mark. It's a big rort (swindle)
JD
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by cuvy » 15 Apr 2015, 4:50 pm

I laugh, and then cry when I realise they are serious, when I hear people who think halal is the same sort of thing as "free range", so must be better.
cuvy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by loopal » 16 Apr 2015, 12:16 am

I got no problem with killing to eat but slitting the throat seems pretty rough to me.

What's wrong with the stun bolt thing through the pain?

Same job, no effort, more humane (AFAIK?).
loopal
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by anthillinside » 19 Apr 2015, 3:36 am

Simple, it's not guns that should be banned it religion.
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 19 Apr 2015, 12:06 pm

I certified this Halal for free

2015-04-18_21.59.56.jpg
Char grilled mmm
2015-04-18_21.59.56.jpg (47.97 KiB) Viewed 5920 times

2015-04-18_22.01.45.jpg
Halal bled ?
2015-04-18_22.01.45.jpg (39.29 KiB) Viewed 5920 times
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by anthillinside » 19 Apr 2015, 12:53 pm

Sprinkle with Kosher salt, YUM :D
Looks better than some of the weird stuff you see on travel shows passing through the middle east markets :shock:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Macca » 20 Apr 2015, 1:58 am

Most companies will say that the religious tax associated with making sure their foods are halal certified is recuperated as it gains them access to a larger market.. and i'm sure in some cases this is true.
But i still highly dislike the fact its involuntarily funding a religious organisation regardless of weather or not you believe in that religion or another, especially that a good major of food you buy is halal while the muslim population makes up only 2.2% of australia's population. Overall EVERYONE is paying money that will end up funding a specific religious belief which i dislike regardless of which religion it is. A method i would prefer to see is something similar to Sanitarium company, which is owned by Seventh-day Adventist Church which at least gives consumers a choice in weather they want to buy there products or not.
anyway theres good and bad in all of this and it opens up a whole can of worms in our politically correct society that's best left avoided.
:)
Macca
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Carter » 20 Apr 2015, 11:37 am

KWhorenet wrote:I certified this Halal for free

Mmmmmm delicious! :mrgreen:
Carter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 20 Apr 2015, 2:25 pm

We have leftist idiots who want to ban live exports because that's easier than speaking up on barbaric halal slaughter.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by chacka » 20 Apr 2015, 3:26 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:We have leftist idiots who want to ban live exports because that's easier than speaking up on barbaric halal slaughter.

Mate I bet they do it because there in the same boat as the pair OP heard at the pub.

I'd put my money on them being just as oblivious about what it is, not ignoring it because it's hard.
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 20 Apr 2015, 4:53 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:We have leftist idiots who want to ban live exports because that's easier than speaking up on barbaric halal slaughter.

Tell me;
How did your father.... or your grandfather - dispatch a beast before butchering so he could feed the family?

If they were not 'of the land' or near the land, then how did the guy who prepared the meat do it??

You think he(or she) used a captive bolt to stun first???? :lol: :roll:

What about poultry, are they less sensitive than bovine or ovine? Oh they're animals just the same, then how does the industry slaughter them? cutting the neck while conscious? no mini-captive bolt in sight.

Dont be a victim of anti-muslim propaganda, thats all it is FFS,the trick is to see through the thick clouds of bulls**t presented to us.....Dont support the line of the animal-firsters, they'll have us eating tofu and wearing plastic shoes, boots and jackets (just dont tell them plastics come from Hydrocarbons!)
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by trekin » 21 Apr 2015, 12:08 pm

1290 wrote:

Tell me;
How did your father.... or your grandfather - dispatch a beast before butchering so he could feed the family?

If they were not 'of the land' or near the land, then how did the guy who prepared the meat do it??

You think he(or she) used a captive bolt to stun first???? :lol: :roll:

What about poultry, are they less sensitive than bovine or ovine? Oh they're animals just the same, then how does the industry slaughter them? cutting the neck while conscious? no mini-captive bolt in sight.

Dont be a victim of anti-muslim propaganda, thats all it is FFS,the trick is to see through the thick clouds of bulls**t presented to us.....Dont support the line of the animal-firsters, they'll have us eating tofu and wearing plastic shoes, boots and jackets (just dont tell them plastics come from Hydrocarbons!)

To answer your "What about poultry" question, poultry are actually stunned with an electrical shock prior to slaughter.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by headspace » 21 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm

In the bush a sheep was always hung up on a gimble and the throat cut. It was done very quickly and with such skill that the animal was dead instantly. However being hung by your heels while a big bloke sharpens a knife may make you wonder WTF. These days though it's usually a 22 into the brain only then will the throat be cut to bleed the animal. Mostly we don't pray over the bloody thing though.
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Bourt » 21 Apr 2015, 10:45 pm

1290 wrote:Tell me;

I don't say this as an anti-halal thing but I think the point about a standard of humane killing is valid enough.

This isn't the stone age and we're not limited to flint knifes.

Can you really say running a bolt gun is an unreasonable ask of a slaughter house?

My personal opinion.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 22 Apr 2015, 7:59 am

trekin wrote:To answer your "What about poultry" question, poultry are actually stunned with an electrical shock prior to slaughter.

Doesnt look like it from the inside chicken industry vids, not to mention all the environmentally aware backyarder quite happy with their technique, propobly the same types pushing peta...., but if so ok...
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 22 Apr 2015, 8:02 am

Bourt wrote:
1290 wrote:Tell me;

I don't say this as an anti-halal thing but I think the point about a standard of humane killing is valid enough.

This isn't the stone age and we're not limited to flint knifes.

Can you really say running a bolt gun is an unreasonable ask of a slaughter house?

My personal opinion.

I wonder if being humane will
a] Make me feel better
b] Make the animal feel better
c] Make the meat taste better
d] Stop the ghost of the animal haunting the kitchen...

:lol:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by David Brown » 22 Apr 2015, 9:10 am

Some priorities and not in any particular order;

1. Avoid unnecessary costs, we are too expensive here already without any additional layers of cost. If a group of individuals wants a supplier to "do something" and then have their certification on it, then that group should raise the funds from within and pay the costs. It should be at no extra cost to the producer nor the rest of the consumers who do not want it. If you want a non standard paint job or seat trim on your Landcruiser, Toyota don't care a toss but if you pay the dealer he will get it done for you. The rest of the Landcruiser buyers are not funding the retooling just to accommodate your one off special.

2. The product should be made or slaughtered according to the best practise for quality and health standards and fit for purpose, this should not be compromised by anything else unless it is a WH&S issue.

3. Humane slaughter, and in general terms I think we do that already. We may have even installed practises that are not necessary and could be dropped, but I am not well enough informed these days, and have not entered an abattoir in years to know anyway.

As detailed in point one above, if any individual or group wants extra special optional extra's that the rest of us do not want, need or desire, no matter how fractional the extra cost is (they all add up) the extra cost should be borne by that individual or group alone. I do not care if that is the Catholics or the muslims. This is not a discrimination by race religion or sex thing, it is discrimination on the basis of fair and equitable for all.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by coroboreeboy » 22 Apr 2015, 9:27 am

I have been killing sheep for meat, on and off , for 40 years. The way that I was taught on the sheep property where I worked, was touted as the "correct and humane" way of going about it.
Hold the sheep in front of your shins with it's rump on the ground, holding its chin in your left hand. Bend the head backwards over your left knee and cut straight down, level with the bottoms of the ears, until you feel bone. Cut slightly around the bone and quickly bend the head backwards until the neck breaks and the white spinal chord becomes visible. Reverse the knife and, with the point, cut the spinal cord. All this has to be done very quickly or the cut fills with blood and you won't be able to see the spinal cord. After the cord is cut, the sheep immediately becomes inert and, in theory, doesn't feel anything.
This has nothing to do with "halal", but the conversation had turned to humane killing.
P.S. We used to shoot steers in the head. You try holding a steer between your knees and cutting its throat !!!!!!
coroboreeboy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Next

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey