another bunch of stupid hunters giving us all a bad name

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

another bunch of stupid hunters giving us all a bad name

Post by jake84 » 19 Jun 2015, 7:08 am

[Dead link removed]
Last edited by Blackened on 17 Mar 2017, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dead link removed
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: another bunch of stupid hunters giving us all a bad name

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jun 2015, 7:43 am

Another "Storm in a D Cup" just another attempt by PETA to make the killing of animals some sort of EVIL! :roll:

Why aren't they condemning this violent attack on a deer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzwbOZKfrUQ
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by JOY » 19 Jun 2015, 7:48 am

As you well know Scott wankers will be wankers! LOL
JOY
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by jake84 » 19 Jun 2015, 7:55 am

JOY wrote:As you well know Scott wankers will be wankers! LOL

i agree with your statement
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 19 Jun 2015, 8:11 am

Nothing but a very poor (and failed) attempt at associating hunters as terrorists.
NSW Police have viewed the images and said — though tasteless — do not appear to show any illegal activity.

Shooters and Fishers MP Robert Borsak has also reviewed the material and said the guns appeared compliant.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 19 Jun 2015, 8:23 am

I always love the term "High Powered Rifle", it's emotive and stirs a sense of fear similar to "Outlaw Motorcycle Gang". How are rifles classified according to power?
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 19 Jun 2015, 8:25 am

JOY wrote:As you well know Scott wankers will be wankers! LOL

And what makes them any more of a wanker than those who post photos of their feral eradication exploits here?
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AusTac » 19 Jun 2015, 8:27 am

Certainly not a good look
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by David Brown » 19 Jun 2015, 8:28 am

I note that firearm safety has been observed, no muzzles pointed unsafely and in one photo the finger is clearly along the weapon not inside the trigger guard.

The journalist should be educated.

Hunters need to present a cleaner professional image and not feral bogan images. Then a proper educational message can be portrayed.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by joker » 19 Jun 2015, 9:03 am

*sigh* is the article serious

Why doesn't this guy complain about all the animals in movies that get dressed up and all the other s**t
joker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by jake84 » 19 Jun 2015, 10:46 am

in my own opinion
i think they should of used some common sense and should of kept that sorta stuff off the net for every one to dump on .
every body these days are so quick to post things with out a single thought .

plus by posting gun pics on your face book your only telling every one that you own them and where you live not so smart .

with so many people trying to attach as much bad stigma to hunting as possible it shouldn't have to be said we all need to do our part to show these people we arnt all hill Billy red necks..

a fully licensed Arib with a gun dose not make him or her a terrorist its a persons actions that dictate who they are .

next they'll be saying a .22 rifle is a high powered .

I'm of the understanding

you cannot change the world though you can change your self .

end of rant :)
Last edited by jake84 on 19 Jun 2015, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jun 2015, 11:38 am

bentaz wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Another "Storm in a D Cup" just another attempt by PETA to make the killing of animals some sort of EVIL! :roll:

and thats clearly a high capacity bear too, but are you sure he's not just engaging in the lesser crime of rape?

I think he may well have been trying to show it some love, well he was trying to give the deer love bites! :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Chronos » 19 Jun 2015, 11:43 am

brett1868 wrote:I always love the term "High Powered Rifle", it's emotive and stirs a sense of fear similar to "Outlaw Motorcycle Gang". How are rifles classified according to power?

You forgot about "Next to him is a bolt-action gun with a precision scope"

They are after the most dangerous type of scope :lol:

Total dribble from PETA. I don't know hoiw they became the go to expert on firearms law, international politics and hunting ethics.

I'd much rather see a deer "blown to smithereens" that die a slow agonising death by baiting.

I also dont agree the the hunters pictured are "stupid" and giving us a bad name. There's bigger all wrong with taking pictures of your self with game or guns.

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jun 2015, 11:46 am

jake84 wrote:in my own opinion
i think they should of used some common sense and should of kept that sorta stuff off the net for every one to dump on .

plus by posting gun pics on your face book your only telling every one that you own them and where you live not so smart .

with so many people trying to attach as much bad stigma to hunting as possible it shouldn't have to be said we all need to do our part to show these people we arnt all hill Billy red necks..

a fully licensed Arib with a gun dose not make him or her a terrorist its a persons actions that dictate who they are .

I'm of the understanding

Me I'm of the opinion of "Who gives a f*** what someone else thinks" I really couldn't give a toss if someone feels butthurt about seeing a picture of a dead animal, me standing there with firearms in hand, someone laying next to a dead animal or any other crap, people need to harden the f*** up and stop dramatising and twisting every god dam thing that people do just to suit their little hidden agenda's - quite frankly I say f*** EM, they don't like it well that's their choice but for god sake stop trying to make everything they don't like into some sort of media witch hunt. :drinks:

I could only imagine what would have happened if they saw the fella up the road with a dead cow hanging in the tree whilst he was gutting it and preparing to turn it into dinner for the next mth or 2! :roll: People are so removed from reality, all they know is Social Media Apps and f***ing Latte Lounges, that's as much as their tiny little brains can cope with now I guess, anything outside that arena is some sort of world ending drama that must be shared with the rest of the world so they can feel better about themselves (dopy f***ing wankers) :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by trekin » 19 Jun 2015, 12:00 pm

I'm of the understanding

Everyone has an opinion, and good on you for putting yours out there. I, however, am of the opposition opinion. What have these good ol' boys done that is illegal or wrong? What's the difference between sunglasses on a deer you've just taken, and jumping up and down, squealing like some teenie bopper who's just had a side ways glance from their latest idol from a 100 meters away, after taking your umpteenth fish? And then giving it a big sloppy kiss. The police and the SFP have found nothing wrong or illegal about what they are doing, or the photos they have posted, in fact, I have seen worse photos (in relation to blood and gore) here on this forum. Should we all now stop posting these photos, and for that matter photos of our firearms, here.
I'm a loud and proud QLDer, and shooter, one by choice, the other by birth right. I don't hide the fact that I shoot/hunt, my storage is beyond that required under legislation, if I should be burgled, and my firearms stolen then that is a problem stemming from today's society, not mine. Hiding your lifestyle away in the closet doesn't lend itself to getting your lifestyle socially excepted, something a certain section of alternative livestylers worked out in the '80s/'90s.
No, you cannot change the world, but why change yourself and your beliefs just to fit in with those who believe you or I should.

There is no suggestion these men have engaged in or planned any terror-related activities.

I think that at the moment, this is all that needs to said as to these hunters support of terrorism.
Last edited by trekin on 19 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 19 Jun 2015, 12:01 pm

Funny no one has picked up on HOW the media took Photos from somebodys facebook page then published them,the owner of the picture must have given permission for it to be used otherwise they can not use them .
As far as i can see its 5 blokes out for a hunt BEING A BIT SILLY with some stupid photo,s
AS for peta I ALWAY thought that stood for "people eating tasty animals "
on a more serious note read

Think about this: What if someone had? What if the people in these photos, or the people who took them, felt wronged about the use of their facebook photos? What remedies would they have?

Invasion of privacy is, most likely, not an option. As you probably know by now, you don't have any reasonable expectation of privacy in photos or statements made on the Web. It's a bit like posting the lost dog poster in the coffee shop or putting out your photos on the coffee table - you give up your right to claim intrusion when you invite public people to see them. As my privacy-expert friend Woody Hartzog points out, you may have a (warning, legal jargon ahead) promissory estoppel claim through facebook's Terms of Service - that is, friends promise not to violate others' copyrights (see the Terms of Service, Part 5, first item) as a term of signing on to facebook, and breaking that promise means one could be liable for damages incurred as a result of that violation. The MySpace terms present a similar quandary.

[For what it's worth, the facebook Terms of Service DO allow facebook a "non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license" to use the photos you upload. These do not carry over to all users, of course. But creepy, eh?]

But that's not the strongest argument. If the person whose photo was used wants to make your life miserable, he or she could make an easy copyright infringement case against you. All they'd have to do is find the friend who took the photo, ask him or her to file for a copyright on it, then go to federal court and ask a judge for damages. Minimum statutory damages are $750 per violation, but I could see a photo that gains widespread attention bringing in more than that. Why shouldn't the person who took that photo be entitled to the same kind of protection that, say, a professional photographer should if somebody used his or her work without paying for it?
all this in usa law per newpaper=1 violation x number of copies printed scary eh
taken from an article on FACEEBOOK PRIVACY
Last edited by pomemax on 19 Jun 2015, 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 19 Jun 2015, 12:09 pm

Chronos wrote:[

I'd much rather see a deer "blown to smithereens" that die a slow agonising death by baiting.

Chronos

+1
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by jake84 » 19 Jun 2015, 12:33 pm

trekin

you have a point and its very valid
my only issue is no matter how much i love hunting and abide by all the rules here in NSW .
there is always going to be some twat out there getting ready to make hunting even harder for us all .
once some one puts pics up on the net that pic then belongs to some ells and they can do what ever they want with it .

my fav thing to do is go hunting but to save all the drama from the greenies and their mates i keep my pictures to my self .
i completely understand your point of view
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by jake84 » 19 Jun 2015, 12:37 pm

pomemax wrote:Funny no one has picked up on HOW the media took Photos from somebodys facebook page then published them,the owner of the picture must have given permission for it to be used otherwise they can not use them .
As far as i can see its 5 blokes out for a hunt BEING A BIT SILLY with some stupid photo,s
AS for peta I ALWAY thought that stood for "people eating tasty animals "

hahahahaha
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by jake84 » 19 Jun 2015, 12:46 pm

trakin

the more i read over your comments the more i can sympathize with you on this matter
i'm not stating i would change my self for any one what i mean is
i cannot worry about the world and trying to change it when its out of my control .
i should just worry about the things that are in my control .

man have been hunting since the start of time .
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by jake84 » 19 Jun 2015, 12:49 pm

bigfellascott wrote:

I'm of the understanding

Me I'm of the opinion of "Who gives a f*** what someone else thinks" I really couldn't give a toss if someone feels butthurt about seeing a picture of a dead animal, me standing there with firearms in hand, someone laying next to a dead animal or any other crap, people need to harden the f*** up and stop dramatising and twisting every god dam thing that people do just to suit their little hidden agenda's - quite frankly I say f*** EM, they don't like it well that's their choice but for god sake stop trying to make everything they don't like into some sort of media witch hunt. :drinks:

I could only imagine what would have happened if they saw the fella up the road with a dead cow hanging in the tree whilst he was gutting it and preparing to turn it into dinner for the next mth or 2! :roll: People are so removed from reality, all they know is Social Media Apps and f***ing Latte Lounges, that's as much as their tiny little brains can cope with now I guess, anything outside that arena is some sort of world ending drama that must be shared with the rest of the world so they can feel better about themselves (dopy f***ing wankers) :thumbsdown:

well put :thumbsup:
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jun 2015, 1:00 pm

I really don't give a rats arse what PETA has to say about people hunting animals, not after their dismal record of collecting dogs and killing them and throwing them into roadside bins!

TheY can f*** right off with their self righteous attitudes when it comes to caring for animals - they are nothing but a bunch of animal hugging Vegans with a poor track record when it comes to doing the right thing by animals and humans.

Have a read and find out exactly what these PETA Hypocrites are like. :thumbsup:

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by jake84 » 19 Jun 2015, 1:45 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I really don't give a rats arse what PETA has to say about people hunting animals, not after their dismal record of collecting dogs and killing them and throwing them into roadside bins!

TheY can f*** right off with their self righteous attitudes when it comes to caring for animals - they are nothing but a bunch of animal hugging Vegans with a poor track record when it comes to doing the right thing by animals and humans.

Have a read and find out exactly what these PETA Hypocrites are like. :thumbsup:

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/

wow what pompous pricks !!
like i said before i love hunting and wont ever stop . the only site i go on is here so im all good dont care to much about reading about what some one eat for launch or what dress and duck face looks good on them .
the majority of people's facebook post is about their problems
i have my own trials and tribulations to deal with i dont need other peoples s**t on top of that lol
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jun 2015, 2:21 pm

Yep I don't bother with ****** either, just not interested in all the drama that seems to go hand in hand with being on it (had an account got rid of it after I realised how pathetic it really was).

Don't you find it interesting how PETA carry on about a pic of some bloke posing with a deer with sunnies on it yet kill untold amounts of Dogs and Cats each year and have been caught out dumping them into roadside bins! Unbelievable how these people portray themselves as animal loving yet kill 1000's of dogs and cats yearly. :lol: farkin Hyprocites the lot of em. :thumbsdown:

Their dirty little ways of operating and twisting the truth are slowly been exposed to the rest of the world for close scrutiny and about time too. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by jake84 » 19 Jun 2015, 3:18 pm

PETA they are no better than Hitler
wow with that much evidence and yet their still allowed to still operate wtf
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Tiger650 » 19 Jun 2015, 3:41 pm

They are grade A wankers for sure, I have objections to them degrading prey, a fair bet that they left the deer to feed foxes or pigs or whatever.

The Bear should be counseled and taught to show sensitivity, a nice vegan diet would surely help, also wearing animal fur is unacceptable so after PETA sheared the newly counseled bear they could knit it a nice rayon onesie ?

The world would then be a better place 'cause I am sure casualties would be high, the "Journalist "could perhaps be point man in the Bear civilization project ?

I would more than pleased to supervise.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 19 Jun 2015, 3:58 pm

I am petrified....that man had a precision scope on his rifle.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by adam » 19 Jun 2015, 4:09 pm

Along came the greens. They've been entertained by the media, so now rises PETA. PETA are far worse, but they too are being entertained and not taken for the serious damage they can cause. Yet behind the scenes the greens can get away with more because they're not seen 'as mad' anymore. Desensitising at work...

It's a bit like ISIS overtaking the Taliban. No one thinks of the Taliban these days, but they're still out there and keen to still do damage to the west.

I can't help but worry about what comes next if Australia and the media keeps to entertain the likes of PETA. The greens will look like conservatives, PETA will become political, take a seat or two in the senate, and what - the we hate all homosapians group next?
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 19 Jun 2015, 4:16 pm

...fear not Scott, I have already reported that bear to PETA....Im not sure if that was Yogi or Boo boo.
bigfellascott wrote:Another "Storm in a D Cup" just another attempt by PETA to make the killing of animals some sort of EVIL! :roll:

Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by David Brown » 19 Jun 2015, 5:21 pm

Send it to them and ask why. I would love to see the response.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Next

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey