Wombat state forest

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Wombat state forest

Post by YoungBuck » 13 Oct 2015, 7:00 pm

By no means legally binding and again not clearly defined, but this is what they have included in the Firearm Safety Booklet 2011:

"Sights must be correctly set. If they are not, rounds may fall short or go far beyond the target. Adjust the sights for distances suitable for the calibre and intended use.
Sighting in’ is best carried out on an established range. Otherwise, it should be somewhere away from people, stock or property, and with a safe backstop."
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 13 Oct 2015, 8:31 pm

joker wrote:*sigh* that's really annoying.

So what if I do go target shooting on what grounds are they going to fine you on? They can't just make unofficial laws and standards.

He just said to me there is no written law and that if you set up a target and the law comes past you will need to tell them you are just sighting in your rifle.
Like you say if its not a written law what would the charge be? might need to call local office
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by BBJ » 15 Oct 2015, 2:05 pm

joker wrote:They can't just make unofficial laws and standards.

Yet they get away with it.

WA and QLD have some shocking examples.
Weatherby Vanguard .223 Remington
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .243 Winchester
R.I.P. M1 Garand .30-06 Springfield

Leupold VX-R 4-12x40
BBJ
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Previous

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey