Hunting in VIC - where are the FORESTS?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Hunting in VIC - where are the FORESTS?

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 02 Nov 2015, 9:19 am

happyhunter wrote:Online sat maps are great. They provide a fast and easy way to investigate the landscape and look for valleys and rises where deer may choose to bed down and feed. If you are worried about designated boundries being clearly defined it's a nobrainer that AI generated maps aren't going to be trustworthy accurate.

As above, titles are definitively defined... its the label of the land... I'm not overly concerned about the location myself, I usually keep well away from boundaries and GPS lets me know where I am... But in Vic the difference between keeping in the SF and 'stepping' into the SP or NP, is significant from a lawful/firearm perspective, and you shouldnt expect the Rangers or Police to give you the benefit of the doubt.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Fry » 02 Nov 2015, 9:29 am

Plus Google Maps is really about roads for driving, not forests for off-roading.

A block of forest is just a block of forest to them, even if there are boundaries through it separating state forest and national park designations.

If they have the roads surrounding a forest I reckon they'd say that's job done.
Fry
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 13 Nov 2015, 9:05 pm

Just looking around the net and found this.
http://www.feralscan.org.au/feralpigscan/map.aspx
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Chickenhawk » 18 Nov 2015, 12:51 pm

Maybe SSAA could spend some of out membership fees on doing accurate maps for us...
Chickenhawk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Skitz » 05 Jul 2017, 9:19 am

Thanks for the info man
Skitz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 05 Jul 2017, 9:22 am

Desperate for a post count increase Skitz? C'mon man stop reviving dead threads, this one died in Nov 2015...
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey