Permission to hunt on private property (QLD)

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Permission to hunt on private property (QLD)

Post by fenderstrat » 14 Jun 2016, 4:36 pm

Hi, I finally have the chance to go hunting in a private property here in qld, the owner of the property is happy to let me go take care of some pigs... now i know i need official written permission from the owner, but how exactly? Do we have to fill in aand sign a form? Or is it just something we can just write in a piece of paper and sign it and be done with it?

And after that, do i have to contact the wlb of the police and send them a copy of the document? Or just keep it and show it if i ever get asked for it?

Aaand, can i even go hunting? I put target shooting as my reason for the license, but my license says RE1, SC1, SC2 on it. So i assume i can?
fenderstrat
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Permission to hunt on private property (QLD)

Post by Mongrel » 16 Jun 2016, 8:12 pm

Gday, just joined this site as im new to owing a firearm. I just received my licence yesterday and im in the same boat as you. Mine says RE1, SC1 and SC2, which to me means i can go shooting on a property. Im yet to find a property but my neighbour says he knows of one, so fingers crossed. Hope someone has the answer for us, as shooting ranges arent open all the time and id rather shoot when i want too :)
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 17 Jun 2016, 8:23 pm

Just do a "Google" search and should find one. The SSAA has such a form, so just adapt it to suit your situation..
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by deanp100 » 17 Jun 2016, 11:18 pm

If you have permission from the owner, just turn up and enjoy yourself. Don't fill out forms. If you and that to the police it will confuse them greatly. You have a license , just go shooting.

Deano
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Shorti85 » 17 Jun 2016, 11:37 pm

Nah the form is just back up for proof your allowed to shoot there. If you have permission go for it
if you don't get stuck, your not trying hard enough
Shorti85
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Browning » 18 Jun 2016, 8:27 am

No form needed mate.... As long as he's given you permission and knows you're there, go for it.
Instead of filling in forms, but the owner a nice bottle of scotch...
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by GLS_1956 » 20 Jun 2016, 4:08 am

Nice to know that sanity rules. It's the same here in Oklahoma. Last time I hunted on private land, which was posted "hunting by permission only" the local warden stopped as I was walking the fence line and asked if I had permission. I said "Yes 'Mrs. Brown' told me I could." he waved and drove away.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Member-Deleted » 20 Jun 2016, 2:36 pm

I could be wrong, but I am not aware of any law that requires you to have "written" permission to hunt on private property in QLD. Unless the police have received a complaint from a property owner, there is not a lot they can do about people going about their lawful business, on private land.
Member-Deleted

Post by POD89 » 20 Jun 2016, 5:02 pm

In WA we need a land permit form to apply for the firearm.either as a primary producer or signed by authorised manager or owner ( ie "genuine need for firearm" part of the licencing)

But after that i'm pretty sure its word of mouth and common sense.

if the owner knows your there and is fine with it. That's all you need?

But the confusing part is. What happens when you get pulled over by the police, they decide to search your vehicle. Then start asking why you are driving around with your firearms??
do you say " Old mate said i could shoot on his farm, here is his phone number " ???
Is it being over cautious to have written proof in case of this event?
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes..."
POD89
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Browning » 20 Jun 2016, 11:11 pm

You're just transporting a firearm mate.
It's same as driving home from your LGS.... Long as the bolt is out, ammo separate etc it's all good.
We got pulled over recently (Qld) on the way to a property and we never have any written permission... The policeman did ask if we could name the property and owner but that was it... Apparently we were the only ones all day that could do so... There's a big clamp down on poachers in the area...
The cops were fantastic about it and I've always found if you've nothing to hide and are helpful, they'll give you the same in return....One guy in our group had Cat C firearms as well and they couldn't of been nicer to us...
Guess it all depends on the state you live in...
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey