Whats a good brand of hunting knives?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Whats a good brand of hunting knives?

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Dec 2016, 9:54 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:And how does one use these Tacticool knives for hunting? can't imagine they'd be much chop when it comes to skinning or butchering an animal. :unknown:

How would one use ANY knife for hunting?
What is a 'hunting' knife anyway? I would say one that does more than one specific job...is a skinning knife necessary for skinning?

So how would ya use ya tacticool knives on animals bro? :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Dec 2016, 11:42 am

you know its rude to answer a question with a question... :lol:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by albat » 30 Dec 2016, 10:00 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:Picked up some knives for Chrissy presents....
Coldsteel leatherneck, similar to KaBar fighting knife
Coldsteel Tanto

^damn thats sharp out of the box....

Also some old trusty Svord peasant knives... simple, quality carbon steel blades...

And how does one use these Tacticool knives for hunting? can't imagine they'd be much chop when it comes to skinning or butchering an animal. :unknown:

This post got me laughing earlier this year hunting goats we ran into a mob and shot 2 of them, goats are so stupid it makes you ask why they are not extinct, they hang around when you have dropped a couple especially the young ones, you can literally walk up to them and catch em , anyhow we had exhausted our ammo only had 5 in the vanguard and howa shooting in thick scrub we couldnt hit FA after the shooting stopped my mate was about 200m from me as i walked up i could see him running around like an idiot trying to catch a young goat no ammo to finish as i got close he was sat down sweating and cursing looked down on the deck he had chucked his "tactical" gerber at it as a last resort before he gassed out hiting it clean through the neck! From about 3 metres wtf ! I asked him if he had a red dot on that F___ker , just bought a 10 round mag kit for my vanguard cus of this scenario!
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey