Seeking Property

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Seeking Property

Post by KaoTiC TaiPaN » 27 Aug 2016, 3:12 am

We are seeking a property in Sth East QLD. Somewhere i can take my girls, maybe camp a night or two and set out some targets. We are licenced and responsible shooters and would abide by any wishes of the property owners.
I can be contacted on 0412 966 118
Thanking you in advance. R.M
KaoTiC TaiPaN
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Seeking Property

Post by Shorti85 » 28 Aug 2016, 9:10 am

The best way is to go and door knock mate. I hope someone here can help you but I doubt it, getting someone's hunting spot is worse than asking for their fishing spot
if you don't get stuck, your not trying hard enough
Shorti85
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Mongrel » 28 Aug 2016, 12:36 pm

Goodluck mate im looking in southeast qld aswell for same reason camping and target shooting . No luck so far myself.
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 28 Aug 2016, 4:40 pm

Tried these people?
www.westernhunting.com.au
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Mongrel » 28 Aug 2016, 6:05 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:Tried these people?
http://www.westernhunting.com.au

Seems like a good idea, but I don't wanna refinance the house every time I want to go camping with family and friends.
I'm after some where I can take the family, dogs and mates every 4 weeks or so for weekend trips and longer over Xmas and such. Not necisarily hunting, I happy to shoot targets :)
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 28 Aug 2016, 6:51 pm

I have 400 acres just out of Narrabri if that's not too far for you, it's around 6-6.5hrs from Brisbane CBD. It's bush and while you can get a car to the clearing I recommend a 4WD. There are some nice spots to camp and you're welcome to shoot any caliber as much as you like.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Aug 2016, 9:07 pm

bentaz wrote:
brett1868 wrote:I have 400 acres just out of Narrabri if that's not too far for you, it's around 6-6.5hrs from Brisbane CBD. It's bush and while you can get a car to the clearing I recommend a 4WD. There are some nice spots to camp and you're welcome to shoot any caliber as much as you like.

Well you must be just about the nicest guy in the world, or a serial killer lol!

Serial killer for sure. That's why his safe is an XL. :allegedly: :lol:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Shorti85 » 28 Aug 2016, 9:11 pm

bentaz wrote:
brett1868 wrote:I have 400 acres just out of Narrabri if that's not too far for you, it's around 6-6.5hrs from Brisbane CBD. It's bush and while you can get a car to the clearing I recommend a 4WD. There are some nice spots to camp and you're welcome to shoot any caliber as much as you like.

Well you must be just about the nicest guy in the world, or a serial killer lol!

I agree, have to be a serial killer lololol
if you don't get stuck, your not trying hard enough
Shorti85
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Mongrel » 28 Aug 2016, 9:29 pm

That's freakin awesome mate. 7 hours in doable for longer trips maybe not the weekend ers lol

I, not sure the legality taking my firearms cross state lines though, will have to look into it.
I will pm you some questions in the next day or so.

Thanks again
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 28 Aug 2016, 9:53 pm

Mongrel wrote:

That's freakin awesome mate. 7 hours in doable for longer trips maybe not the weekend ers lol

I, not sure the legality taking my firearms cross state lines though, will have to look into it.
I will pm you some questions in the next day or so.

Thanks again

No worries, It's a bit of a hike for just a weekend but fine for long weekends or occasionally I'll take a 4 day break and head up. You won't have any dramas with brining firearms over the border as NSW recognises your license and so long as you obey the usual transport rules you'll be fine. Get in touch when you're ready and I'll flick you al the details and provide a permission to hunt letter so you're covered.

As for being a serial killer....I'm only targeting Project Managers for now :D
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Elmer » 28 Aug 2016, 11:30 pm

Mate thats big hearted of you ...good onya :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Wm.Traynor » 29 Aug 2016, 10:15 am

brett1868, you're a good person :thumbsup: :)
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 29 Aug 2016, 11:41 am

Wm.Traynor wrote:brett1868, you're a good person :thumbsup: :)

We'll keep that our little secret ok... :silent:
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 29 Aug 2016, 12:32 pm

Initially ( with me being a cynic ) I thought the offer was a GeeUp ....

Now, I'm going with - weird. ( naive ? )

Absolutely no way I would offer a stranger ( and his mates ) open slather access and rights of firearm usuage on my property, without my attendance / supervision.
Am guessing the vast majority of other folk would be the same .....
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 29 Aug 2016, 1:06 pm

MR. WINCHESTER wrote:Initially ( with me being a cynic ) I thought the offer was a GeeUp ....

Now, I'm going with - weird.

Absolutely no way I would offer a stranger ( and his mates ) open slather access and rights of firearm usuage on my property, without my attendance / supervision.

We're often critical of the media for mistakenly labelling all sporting shooters as gun toting potential crims but to have a fellow shooter display a similar attitude is the weird part. We're all adults and I'll treat any visitors to the land with trust and respect unless proven otherwise.

The OP and Mongrel have done the right thing and approached a forum for advice on places to shoot, this demonstrates responsible behaviour straight up. The standards of licensing and background checks in the Banana republic is quite stringent which also proves a level of good character. It's 400 acres of bush block with some tracks and clearings that was previously used to cook meth and grow pot for a bikie gang. So long as they follow the usual rules of hunting and leave their rubbish in the pit they can go nuts. It may work out that I'll be up there on at the same time and probably more like they'll need to supervise me rather then the other way round :D

Lets be ambassadors for our sport and support each other where possible.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 29 Aug 2016, 1:35 pm

brett1868 wrote:
Wm.Traynor wrote:brett1868, you're a good person :thumbsup: :)

We'll keep that our little secret ok... :silent:

Of course :) Come to think of it though, I don't even know where it is, so it's Safe.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Aug 2016, 6:08 pm

Goodonya Brett
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 29 Aug 2016, 6:11 pm

Hey Brett ...

I love your optimism.

I hope all good things come to you.
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 29 Aug 2016, 6:21 pm

MR. WINCHESTER wrote:Initially ( with me being a cynic ) I thought the offer was a GeeUp ....

Now, I'm going with - weird. ( naive ? )

Absolutely no way I would offer a stranger ( and his mates ) open slather access and rights of firearm usage on my property, without my attendance / supervision.

It would depend on what the property is used for and what the neighbours are like.
400 acres is big enough not to be bothering neighbours so my only concerns would be vandalism of any infrastructure, harm to any stock or wildlife, and potential bushfire hazard.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 29 Aug 2016, 6:27 pm

I disagree Bladeracer ....

Brett said 'any calibre you like'.

Any calibre can cause annoyance to neighbours if used without respect / unwisely.

( and, 400 acres is NOT a huge parcel of land, in anyone's / my, imagination )

P.S. I shoot over a 1500 acre property and feel constricted by the relative narrow boundaries, when using centerfires of any description.
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 29 Aug 2016, 7:22 pm

MR. WINCHESTER wrote:I disagree Bladeracer ....

Brett said 'any calibre you like'.

Any calibre can cause annoyance to neighbours if used without respect / unwisely.

( and, 400 acres is NOT a huge parcel of land, in anyone's / my, imagination )

P.S. I shoot over a 1500 acre property and feel constricted by the relative narrow boundaries, when using centerfires of any description.

That's where I think you're going wrong, assuming all shooters except yourself don't respect their firearms or use them properly...
I never suggested 400 acres was huge (roughly 1.25km square), but it's big enough to shoot on without annoying normal rural neighbours - different problem if it's surrounded by city folk. Whether you're shooting on 1000 acres or one acre, you always aim toward solid ground. I've had to back out of many, many shots because of the terrain behind my targets. The foxes here like to run alongside overgrown creeks, and I won't shoot into bushes unless I know for certain what's on the other side, or over hill crests where a miss is going into orbit even if it ricochet's off the ground .
And I'm assuming the people doing the shooting understand that it's illegal to have a "shootfest" on private property anyway.
Anybody shooting one of the annoying big bores like .50BMG is unlikely to be doing enough shooting to be a nuisance.
I would also assume that if Brett had problem neighbours he wouldn't have made the offer. My nearest neighbour is a very avid deer shooter, but I try to do most of my shooting during the day when any non-rural types are away at work. Neighbouring farmers though don't mind at all.
Owners of small properties have the same problems with ferals and they still need to manage them. One friend of ours is only on four acres but has major rabbit problems as they live right near a national park.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 29 Aug 2016, 7:26 pm

:welcome: It's ( unfortunately ) all about 'noise'.

Responsible shooters will always do their best, re: range / maximum fallout zone.

Neighbours can be .... 'Disconvovulated about spurious sh*t'
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 29 Aug 2016, 10:47 pm

I bought the place purely to shoot 50BMG so when I say any caliber you like I mean it. Unless they bring a 20mm Vulcan or Howitzer then they have to supervise me while I shoot it :D . The nearest neighbor is 2.5km line of sight through relatively thick scrub which is a natural sound barrier so noise won't be an issue. They don't notice the 50's being shot so anything less definitely won't concern them.

Mr Winchester might be thinking it's open pasture or cleared land and quite rightly is concerned about noise or projectiles leaving the boundaries which is fair enough. My place is bush with trees, surrounded by thousands of acres of similar bush and there's nothing of value is on the place. My cousin lives nearby in case there's issues but I doubt there will be. When I shoot the fifty's at the cousins place the neighbors have called of an evening asking how long I'm staying and can they come over and have a shot :) I've had a few over and turned them loose, the grin on their faces is priceless and for the cost of a few rounds I have plenty of properties to shoot on up there.

To be honest they'll be helping me out by going there, I feel like they'd be doing me a favour. People coming and going shows the poachers that the place is being used so they don't go there, tracks get over grown if not used so this is a win-win for both parties.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sandgroperbill » 30 Aug 2016, 12:14 pm

I'm in agreement with Brett on this one. Its a bush block, nothing to vandalise, having a license means they're as vetted as can be. Take the normal precautions, be careful not to start a bushfire and everything will be fine.

Plus, people coming and going is a good thing for bush blocks.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by OODAH » 01 Sep 2016, 12:46 pm

brett1868 wrote:

Now, I'm going with - weird.

We're often critical of the media for mistakenly labelling all sporting shooters as gun toting potential crims but to have a fellow shooter display a similar attitude is the weird part. We're all adults and I'll treat any visitors to the land with trust and respect unless proven otherwise.

The OP and Mongrel have done the right thing and approached a forum for advice on places to shoot, this demonstrates responsible behaviour straight up. The standards of licensing and background checks in the Banana republic is quite stringent which also proves a level of good character. It's 400 acres of bush block with some tracks and clearings that was previously used to cook meth and grow pot for a bikie gang. So long as they follow the usual rules of hunting and leave their rubbish in the pit they can go nuts. It may work out that I'll be up there on at the same time and probably more like they'll need to supervise me rather then the other way round :D

Lets be ambassadors for our sport and support each other where possible.

Bloody oath good to see some normal thinking for once! :drinks:
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.
OODAH
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Medic » 05 Sep 2016, 9:55 pm

If i had the property I would happily offer all shooters with SSAA membership a place to camp and shoot for free. Mainly because law abiding firearms owner are, like we keep arguing, not the problem. I WISH i had property to offer :(
Medic
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Midwestman » 22 Feb 2018, 5:18 pm

hi brett you still at narrabri.was wondering if i could come up for weekend shoot seeing your just a few hours up the castlereagh,i'm just near hargreaves your welcome to come to mine for a shoot to if you want too.i go to walgett abit too :drinks:
carl gustov 03 mauser 6.5x55
savage 223
Midwestman
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey