Hunting Properties near Newcastle

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Hunting Properties near Newcastle

Post by Nicko1982 » 26 Sep 2016, 2:52 pm

Gday all,
Avid reader and first time poster.
I read quiet a few posts of no so good comments about the Western Hunting Properties, just wondering if anyone has purchased their book and directly approached the land owner themselves? I have been hunting heaps down in Tassie where I am from but have moved up to Newcastle and had no luck finding any properties to hunt on. Most people I have been to and seen shy away from letting me hunt on their properties as there have been some problems up this way of unauthorised use of there land and people using it once then assuming they have free range from then on. I have an R licence and been out quiet a few time but never seen much more then rabbits. Might be going to the wrong areas? I’m really just after a bit of land to go hunting and camping on most of the time i am by myself or with one of my mate. So max is the two of us.
Nicko

Weatherby Vangaurd .308
CZ 527 .223
Ruger American .22lr
Nicko1982
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Hunting Properties near Newcastle

Post by gillian » 27 Sep 2016, 8:35 am

if you have a R licence why not hunt state forests
gillian
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 27 Sep 2016, 9:09 am

Nicko1982 wrote:Gday all,
Avid reader and first time poster.
I read quiet a few posts of no so good comments about the Western Hunting Properties, just wondering if anyone has purchased their book and directly approached the land owner themselves?

Isn't the agent's ( IHP ) fee included in the price provided by property owner ?

ie: price would be the same, if prospective user makes direct contact.

( I used this company to get onto a property west of Nyngan .... some time ago.
A group had been hunting the property for a week, just prior to our arrival and a mob was waiting at the gate for our departure.
Game was plentiful ! )
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by 9krypto » 21 Mar 2017, 11:43 am

Heard nothing but good comments about IHP - have mates who swear by them. Easy way to get onto private properties.

I understand that everyone thinks that this should be free, but I see it from a farmers perspective, having to be there and manage people coming to their property.

Yes, IHP make a small cut to manage the legalities and the booking on behalf of the farmer and the hunter, but the work they do I am told is A class.

If you can get yourself onto a property without paying, great, but by IHP's popularity, looks like they run a great service.
9krypto
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey