Late Notice Invite for Hunt.

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Late Notice Invite for Hunt.

Post by Mongrel » 08 Jan 2017, 9:30 am

Great spot for the Container there Brett. When its done its gonna look shmick. How was the access for the crane? bet he had no issues like i did the first time LOL.
Cant believe the difference it was this time. like driving on concrete.
Spewing about my poor dogs, couldnt handle the heat there, would have loved to catch up.

Gwion wrote:By the way..... there are cheaper ways to bust bunnies, you know!!?!! :lol:

Wylie27 wrote:not as fun though... converting Rabbits to pink mist....

Lol, no mess to clean up either :thumbsup:
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by albat » 08 Jan 2017, 9:30 am

Nice accomodation brett looks way more inviting than the dunga in the background reckon it would be rocking 40c in there!! Was hoping for a piliga report from ya though , but you certainly got to get your priorities in order , lets try to tee up a trip there with some forum blokes soon hey
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 09 Jan 2017, 11:29 am

pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 09 Jan 2017, 9:18 pm

Mongrel wrote:Great spot for the Container there Brett. When its done its gonna look shmick. How was the access for the crane? bet he had no issues like i did the first time LOL.
Cant believe the difference it was this time. like driving on concrete.
Spewing about my poor dogs, couldnt handle the heat there, would have loved to catch up.

Gwion wrote:By the way..... there are cheaper ways to bust bunnies, you know!!?!! :lol:

Wylie27 wrote:not as fun though... converting Rabbits to pink mist....

Lol, no mess to clean up either :thumbsup:

You missed out getting a job on the shovel by a few days mate, I chose that spot cause it's East-West so gets the maximum amount of sunshine for the solar array. The container came in on a prime mover and the crane was a 12t flatbed with the mother of all Hi-Abs on it. Prime mover had a little trouble with traction turning off the main road onto the cross track but managed to get through. Took only 4 hours to collect the blocks, drive out, place the blocks / container and get back into town. Paid $440 inc for the crane truck which is dirt cheap for the time & effort required, I got his number and will get him to bring the 20 footer out later. The ruts are still in the track from your first visit, surprising how different the ground is with a bit of rain cause it's sloppy in the wet and like concrete when dry.
The Bunnies are not quite the rabbit variety but a 798gr Copper hollow point tends to do a good job of disassembling them :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 09 Jan 2017, 9:27 pm

albat wrote:Nice accomodation brett looks way more inviting than the dunga in the background reckon it would be rocking 40c in there!! Was hoping for a piliga report from ya though , but you certainly got to get your priorities in order , lets try to tee up a trip there with some forum blokes soon hey

Maybe Easter if you're keen, I think PeteMac is up for a hunt then as well. I'll see if he's back at work and work on a plan to score leave passes from our respective better halves. Hopefully flooring, windows and doors might be done by then and a start made on the deck. Need to get that much done before I can sort out the roof, solar, water and dunny.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 09 Jan 2017, 9:28 pm

pomemax wrote:http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0006-3013126/hire-plant-trans-bldgs-and-containers/strong-2016-unused-20ft-container-shelter-strong?spr=true
you looked at these brett1868

Interesting but by the time transport is factored in its not economically viable compared to building a roof myself.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 09 Jan 2017, 10:14 pm

brett1868 wrote:
Maybe Easter if you're keen, I think PeteMac is up for a hunt then as well. I'll see if he's back at work and work on a plan to score leave passes from our respective better halves.

I've got a sticker on my ute that may inspire you blokes,,,,,, "Ditch the bitch,, and lets go huntin"

:lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey