Completely P!ssed Off

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Completely P!ssed Off

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Jan 2017, 9:20 pm

On 23rd December, I packed my hunting gear and we headed south to Ararat in Vic.
Included was the new Tikka .308, my favorite the Howa 22/250, and the CZ .17 HMR.
After arriving, my first afternoon on the bunnies looked to be a good outing,,,,,, that is, until I couldn't find the .17 magazine.

Dammmmmm,, I must've left it home.
So a quick trip to Raefiches in Ballarat, and purchased a new 10 shot mag. $82.00 flew out of the wallet.

So I get back to Ararat, and search again, and dammmm,,,,, there it was under a box of .308 ammo that I hadn't shifted the first time I was looking. :evil:

Oh well,,,,, I've now got a spare magazine.
Last edited by Die Judicii on 30 Jan 2017, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Completely P!ssed Off

Post by Gwion » 05 Jan 2017, 9:28 pm

Sunuvabeech!

Two mags are better than one.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by deye243 » 05 Jan 2017, 10:13 pm

Gwion wrote:Sunuvabeech!

Two mags are better than one.

yep I still have 3 cz 10 shot mags from when I had a 22 and have ordered a lithgow la101 so I should be right driving around bunny bashing
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 06 Jan 2017, 9:19 am

I keep all my mags together in my shooting box - saves leaving them behind (sure a s**t it would happen if I didn't) :D Anyway Ed now you have a spare ready to roll when and if you need it. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Vati » 06 Jan 2017, 9:23 am

Tell me about it.... I do this all the time with all sorts of stuff :roll:
Reach out and touch...
Vati
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Jan 2017, 6:57 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I keep all my mags together in my shooting box - saves leaving them behind (sure a s**t it would happen if I didn't) :D Anyway Ed now you have a spare ready to roll when and if you need it. :thumbsup:

That's the embarrassing bit Scott,,,,, it WAS IN my ammo box, and I just didn't lift up the last box of ammo.
If it had teeth it woulda bitten me. :oops:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by albat » 06 Jan 2017, 7:14 pm

More commonly known as a man look ! Makes you wonder how we see stuff to shoot in the bush
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Jan 2017, 7:22 pm

Vati wrote:Tell me about it.... I do this all the time with all sorts of stuff :roll:

A mate of mine did the ultimate "forget" a number of years ago.

He had travelled several hours to his favorite spot,,,, only to discover that he had left the key to his utes hunting crate on the bench in his shed.
Every last bit of his gear was in the crate.
To add insult to injury,,,, the crate was nicknamed "Fort Knox" because he made it virtually impenetrable. :thumbsdown:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Jan 2017, 9:17 am

I don't have that problem. The only firearm I have that requires a magazine is the Brno m2 . I never remove it except to load. All others are break open or integral.

At $82 I would single feed till I got one at a sensible price even if it's a PITA.

Having said that, went deer hunting without a bolt once. Sheesh. Always leave bolts in rifles now. :crazy:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Jan 2017, 12:34 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

Having said that, went deer hunting without a bolt once. Sheesh. Always leave bolts in rifles now. :crazy:

Don't know about Vic,,, but in Qld the bolts must be completely removed from the firearm.

Can't be left in and the action open,, but must be completely removed.

A recent pamphlet I recieved from Qld WLB states that, "The bolt must be removed but is OK to store with the rifle" :wtf:
I also found out that the bolt cannot be stored with the ammo, cos the legislation classes a bolt as a firearm itself.

Personally I think the WLB has tied itself up in knots with their wording.

The ridiculous part is,, the WLB or Police have to give you 48 hours notice of a pending inspection of your storage.

So really, a person can store a firearm in any condition (with or without magazine/bolt etc) as long as you rectify it before the actual inspection.
In the case of removable magazines, they too must be removed from the firearm. (This is utter crap when you consider many rifles that don't have removable mags, and just floor plates.)
Crazy,,,,, but that is how the law is.

Me,,, I do the right thing regardless, cos that's me. Hence I thought I'd left my magazine at home, and paid $82 for a new one.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Jan 2017, 6:01 pm

In Victoria you can store the bolt in the firearm along with the magazine. Only ammo must be seperate.
Much more sensible since its a lump of water pipe without ammo.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 07 Jan 2017, 6:33 pm

In Tas, must have trigger or action lock in if the bolt is stored in the rifle. Other wise bolt must be kept seperate.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Jan 2017, 10:07 pm

Oldbloke wrote:In Victoria you can store the bolt in the firearm along with the magazine. Only ammo must be seperate.

We're talking about the law,,,,,,, who mentioned the word "sensible" in the same sentence ? :lol:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Jan 2017, 6:33 am

Die Judicii wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:In Victoria you can store the bolt in the firearm along with the magazine. Only ammo must be seperate.

We're talking about the law,,,,,,, who mentioned the word "sensible" in the same sentence ? :lol:

OK I get the hint...... I'm an idiot.....
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gaz52 » 20 Jan 2017, 10:35 am

Your situation is not unique, don't ask me how I know this . It does explain the popularity of break action and rolling / falling block rifles with some us who have shared your experience .
Gaz.
Gaz52
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Gaz52 » 20 Jan 2017, 10:37 am

Your situation is not unique, don't ask me how I know this . It does explain the popularity of break action and rolling / falling block rifles with some us who have shared your experience .
Gaz.
Gaz52
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey