Hunting property's Queensland

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Hunting property's Queensland

Post by Dingo » 01 Feb 2017, 11:30 pm

Many moons ago I had access to property In Between Stanthorpe and Texas it was advertised in the back of a hunting mag recently bought a rifle and decided to look the property up no longer the same owners - deer foxes rabbits kanga -any ideas on where is a good place to start looking for property's to hunt on that aren't going to cost an arm and a leg not to far from the big smoke . With out actually just rocking up and asking the cockie out of the blue
styer 223 & 308 & a lack of $$$
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Hunting property's Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Feb 2017, 7:25 pm

Actually I would just rock up and ask the cockie out of the blue.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dingo » 02 Feb 2017, 7:34 pm

In my hunting for a place to hunt I also found out another property I used to have access to out at Texas had sold - no other option - glad I have a mate who just moved out west and will be going visiting so will be able to go and do some door knocking .
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Smiley » 02 Feb 2017, 7:49 pm

Gaining access to places can be very difficult if they don't already know you. Now days it's a case of who you know, not what you know.
Best of luck.
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 02 Feb 2017, 8:15 pm

I think I will need some luck - I have got the family farm down in tazzie but can't afford to fly down there all the time for hunting but I should be going down in April - I was looking on other forums but they were dead know of the traffic that this site has just thought I may of got some feed back of property's that people have found that have been advertised ..or at least what websites are good to book through ect ect
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Pythonkeeper » 03 Feb 2017, 8:19 am

Can be tough going now days, I've been trying to get a few new hunting property's for a bit of variety and although I've had plenty of promising leads it always ends in "no sorry we used to let people on but they stuffed up and we don't let anyone on now" or something to that effect, same old story, idiots ruining it for the rest of us honest respectful people. I'm confident I'll find more property though, it'll just take a bit of time and plenty of knock backs till I do.
Some people have had good succes finding property's through the Farmer Assist program (I think that's what it's called) so that may be an option for you to look into Dingo.
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Korkt » 03 Feb 2017, 9:15 am

Smiley wrote:Gaining access to places can be very difficult if they don't already know you. Now days it's a case of who you know, not what you know.
Best of luck.

Yeah, far more hunters than properties. Rocking up to a stranger and getting an invite would be a real stroke of luck.
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Hangfire » 03 Feb 2017, 10:27 am

You can always try out the Famer Assist program.

http://www.farmerassist.com.au
Hangfire
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Dingo » 04 Feb 2017, 1:31 pm

Cheers for the info - I guess I will have to keep my ear to the ground - I like the idea of farmer assist- but don't want to drive more than about 5-6 hrs - when will Queensland let shooters on to crown land it would make things a lot easier for the shooters and the environment
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by albat » 04 Feb 2017, 1:38 pm

Another option is to do your nsw dpi r licence the northern forests are only 3 or 4 hours from brisbane and they are in the process of opening up more forests i go out there a fairly often and the licence is easy to do
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 04 Feb 2017, 11:04 pm

Will look into that cheers albat - that sounds promising
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by jaydos » 05 Feb 2017, 8:42 am

albat wrote:Another option is to do your nsw dpi r licence the northern forests are only 3 or 4 hours from brisbane and they are in the process of opening up more forests i go out there a fairly often and the licence is easy to do

can we actually apply for these if we reside in QLD? or is it like an addition to a firearms license. If this is just something you can apply for/do the short course for to shoot in NSW state forests with a QLD license then im extremely interested.
jaydos
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by albat » 05 Feb 2017, 9:23 am

jaydos wrote:
albat wrote:Another option is to do your nsw dpi r licence the northern forests are only 3 or 4 hours from brisbane and they are in the process of opening up more forests i go out there a fairly often and the licence is easy to do

can we actually apply for these if we reside in QLD? or is it like an addition to a firearms license. If this is just something you can apply for/do the short course for to shoot in NSW state forests with a QLD license then im extremely interested.

There is no restriction on where you live or what firearms licence you have they recognise all state licences
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by jaydos » 05 Feb 2017, 11:46 am

albat wrote:
jaydos wrote:

There is no restriction on where you live or what firearms licence you have they recognise all state licences

from what i have gathered i would still have to undertake the short course though to get the license? sorry for the questions, i find its easier to ask someone who has already been through the process than scour the s**ty government website to find answers
jaydos
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by albat » 05 Feb 2017, 12:18 pm

Just rock up and take the test takes 15minutes at sporting shooters at ipswich pre read the LEAP dpi handbook test is simple
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey