Well, fark.

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Well, fark.

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Oct 2018, 5:07 pm

My grandson spotted this one last weekend

[attachment=0]tiger snake.jpg
Attachments
tiger snake.jpg
tiger snake.jpg (231.22 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Oct 2018, 6:08 pm

I've never seen a tiger snake OB but they talk how fast the brown is well mate I can tell you the Taipan is twice as fast
and far more aggressive the taipan is scared of nothing or nobody it's a reptile to well and truly stay away from where possible
A local farmer up here was chipping cane for weeds and he saw the taipan 30m away and took no notice of it the next thing its 2m
away standing up.5m high all he had was a chipping hoe and he struck at the snake and missed the snake lunged forward and hit him just
below the knee he said the hit was like being hit with a piece of garden hose across the shin
The only reason he survived was a council crew was working on a bridge 200m away and heard him yelling for help
he was in a coma for 10 days as he had travelled 70klm to hospital and was almost unconscious when arriving his leg shrunk by 25mm
over the years his smell was completely gone he lost most of his hearing eye sight diminished by over half, no taste at all couldn't sit down to a meal
could only pick as his stomach couldn't cope he became very frail as the years went by but his life was ruined the day of the bite
so you may survive a taipan bite but it's not over there this happening was close and personal as I knew the man well
with other snakes i'm not sure but I think you almost fully recover but that would depend on how quick you receive medical help
Member-Deleted

Post by tom604 » 22 Oct 2018, 6:20 pm

well if we are sharing snake stories,,, a long time ago (20+ years) there was a young ,handsome (some would say dashing) man that heard the call of nature and as young men are wont to do, was answering the call of nature in some bushes,. this fine young man had just ,,how do you say "release the beast from its confinement "without sounding big headed? (pun intended) when he spied a hole in the ground that was just the right size for a large rabbit or a miniature fox .(sydney fox rescue are now breeding these so they can be carried around in a hand bag) the brave young man had just started unleashing what could be called a raging torrent and thought to himself that this could be a test of his manhood ie: fill the hole before said torrent ran out.. our hero ,for surely by now we can call him such,, had just started to move his stream to attempt his heroic deed when he felt a bump upon his left thong clad foot and then a weight across said thong clad foot,,it was not a heavy weight and it was not cold slimy scaly weight, ,more a warm loving mothers hand type of weight,,our now slightly perplexed hero looked down at his thong clad left foot wondering whose mother had followed him and was now laying her hand on his thong clad foot.
dear reader,can you imagine our young hero's dismay when he discovered that it wasn't a mothers hand or in fact any hand at all that was upon his thong clad foot.. it was instead a creature of nightmare a horror straight from bowels of hell itself and it looked like it wanted to return to said hell via the rabbit hole
not wanting to impede the legless demon on its way home or to anger it by spraying slightly acidic water all over it our hero clamped down on his still raging torrent in a convulsive grip (know only to pitbulls and crocodiles) silencing said torrent in a nanosecond,,just as a side note, this causes intense pain,, so much so, that tears will occur in the manliest of men ,, so the spawn from hell went on its merry four foot way back to the underworld ,dragging its now corpse like weight over our teary manhood mangled hero's foot,,,i would like to say our hero calmly finished his business and strolled back to his awaiting companions ,,sadly he did not,,as when the last of the beasts tail had slid of his foot, our not so much brave hero released his death grip on an altogether nicer snake and high footed (as in knees to the chest) out of there, spraying not a small amount of foul smelling liquid upon his person while emitting high pitched winny sounds.

or the short version,,went for a leak,snake,ran away screaming :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 22 Oct 2018, 7:05 pm

I think snake is the only creature that can reduce the manliest of men into 5 year old whiney girls in a matter of nano seconds.

Good story mate
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Previous

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey