State forests near Gloucester NSW

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

State forests near Gloucester NSW

Post by Archie » 28 Apr 2017, 12:58 pm

Wondering if anyone has had any experience hunting the SFs near Gloucester (Chichester, Fosterton, Bowman, Barrington Tops)? A mate is looking at buying a place near there and was curious if there was anything to be found in the local forests.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: State forests near Gloucester NSW

Post by Gwion » 28 Apr 2017, 3:56 pm

Not personally but a mate has moved to Barrington Tops and had spent quite a bit of time there previously. Reckons there are plenty of goats. I seem to remember mention of deer but definitely lots of goats in the area.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Archie » 01 May 2017, 7:45 am

Gwion wrote:Not personally but a mate has moved to Barrington Tops and had spent quite a bit of time there previously. Reckons there are plenty of goats. I seem to remember mention of deer but definitely lots of goats in the area.

Cheers Gwion.

Took a look at the topo maps on the weekend, you'd want to be a mountain goat yourself to get around parts of it I'm guessing.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 01 May 2017, 8:03 am

There are lots of big properties up there too. Probably best to make some local friends and get onto private land with people who know the terrain and local prey.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey