Interstate hunting and genuine reason, SA?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Interstate hunting and genuine reason, SA?

Post by andym79 » 11 Jun 2017, 11:50 am

Hi, I have a question about interstate hunting as a genuine reason to acquire a firearm. So far my hunting has been limited to SA.

I want to go on an interstate hunting trip and none of my rifles are suitable for the hunt I plan going on. Is interstate hunting of larger animals such buffalo and camels accepted as a genuine reason to acquire a firearm in south Australia?

Sorry if its a silly question, but I have no idea.
andym79
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Re: Interstate hunting and genuine reason, SA?

Post by Monty » 23 Jun 2017, 10:21 am

Andy I'm in NSW not SA so maybe someone local will correct me, but I'm 99% sure you're way over thinking it here.

You don't need to provide a detailed itinerary of your hunting plans to justify the license/PTA.

"Hunting" is a genuine reason for acquiring your license and permits for firearms.

Your license is recognised in (some) other states.

You can lawfully own firearms and travel to hunt in other states, subject to those laws.

You don't need to give them 'hunting X at location Y during period Z'
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Re: Interstate hunting and genuine reason, SA?

Post by bladeracer » 23 Jun 2017, 1:01 pm

Monty wrote:You don't need to provide a detailed itinerary of your hunting plans to justify the license/PTA.

Unless you are in WA I think.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey