a few bunnies

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: a few bunnies

Post by Stix » 02 Mar 2018, 5:56 pm

marksman wrote:
Stix wrote:
marksman wrote:its an old brno model 2 with the micro groove barrel :thumbsup:

Did you bed it yourself marksman...?

of coarse :drinks:

Well i have one of those i need to bed & ill give it a crack myself... (never done it)...
So now i know who to ask when i give it a crack...!!

In the interim...how far out did you go... ? (Just action, action & front screw seperate, or all in...?

Mine is over floated, & the rolled pin that houses the action screw is too short...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 02 Mar 2018, 6:00 pm

bigrich wrote:mod 2 brno ay ? ya done much target practice at the range ? just wondering what size groups it does and ammo it likes. i got the newer CZ version. micro 12 groove barrel, adjustable trigger , factory bedded. 1995 build year. trying to get it to shoot better. should look at floating the barrel maybe ? was gunna get the front sight and rear sight mount removed to try to get better barrel harmonics and maybe better accuracy

this one is my son's and it like cci subs
here is 2 targets from different times that shows the rifle throws the first cold clean bore shot then packs them in tight at 50 meters :thumbsup:
I have put a different stock on it for him now but these targets were shot as it was in the photo
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 02 Mar 2018, 6:18 pm

Stix wrote:
marksman wrote:
Stix wrote:
marksman wrote:its an old brno model 2 with the micro groove barrel :thumbsup:

Did you bed it yourself marksman...?

of coarse :drinks:

Well i have one of those i need to bed & ill give it a crack myself... (never done it)...
So now i know who to ask when i give it a crack...!!

In the interim...how far out did you go... ? (Just action, action & front screw seperate, or all in...?

Mine is over floated, & the rolled pin that houses the action screw is too short...

its not hard to do
this is not that stock but another brno I did the same with devcon
its easier to set up than the runny epoxy's and will be there forever :thumbsup:
just like sticking chewy gum to around the right thickness and squashing in the receiver
I tape the barrel at the forend tip for the right height and use kiwi natural shoe polish for a release agent
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 02 Mar 2018, 6:22 pm

my CZ does the same thing with a flyer from a cold barrel.that's some real good grouping but. have been trying eley ammo, tried the cci "target" ammo which wasn't any better. it'l shoot 12 mm groups at 50 at best, 20 mm on average with eley club.. will try floating the barrel when i get the chance. what's frustrating is a old krico 22lr i bought with a wobbly trigger will shoot a little bit tighter than the CZ and is less ammo fussy. it's all good fun but hey....
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by marksman » 02 Mar 2018, 6:51 pm

it is all good fun, I have 3 brno 22's in the safe and they all like different ammo
one has to have at least 20 shots through it before it will shoot so when I am using that one I will leave it dirty until I stop using it,
that may be a few weeks or more :thumbsup:
the idea is have a lot of kids and buy them rifles you want to shoot :thumbsup:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 02 Mar 2018, 8:56 pm

rimfires can be fussy buggars hey ? three brno's you say ? i can relate to that, ive got a few old krico's in different calibres that i like cause they are a bit different and reckon german enginered stuff is pretty good. wanna get my CZ a s accurate as i can specifically for wabbit harvest. probably will do those other mods when i got time and money. your old brno shoots real good but. do you know what year it was made ?
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by marksman » 03 Mar 2018, 8:50 pm

that's 3 brno 22 rimfires
I confess to being a brnoaholic and have a few more in other cals
that brno 22 is a 1967 model, the year brno had the fire in there factory
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 05 Mar 2018, 3:52 pm

old brno's do have a good rep.i reckon the workmanship on your '67 is probably a lot better than my '95 CZ. don't make 'em like they used too hey ? i have seen some brno's in 30-06 for sale on used guns i think. they were being sold at "the barn" which is about a hour west of me. if i had a bigger safe MM , if i had a bigger safe :lol: old anshutz have caught my eye, saw one in 270 win for sale online coupla weeks ago.didn't know they made anything bigger than 222.
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by marksman » 05 Mar 2018, 7:45 pm

I'm right into the 30-06 brno's :drinks:

I like them as much as the 22 rimfire, 17 ackleys, 22 hornet, 222, 243, 308,270, 375h&h :thumbsup:
I'm just greedy :lol: :lol:
Last edited by marksman on 06 Mar 2018, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 05 Mar 2018, 8:06 pm

Yep, the old Bruno; nice bang for your doe there. :lol: :lol:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 06 Mar 2018, 4:20 pm

nuthin wrong with a brno collection like that MM. bambi having a sleep cuddling up to your brno ? that's nice MM. what's that MM ? come round for a roast ? will bambi be there ?.......
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by marksman » 06 Mar 2018, 5:31 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Yep, the old Bruno; nice bang for your doe there. :lol: :lol:

I see what you did :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 06 Mar 2018, 5:39 pm

what I really like is a slab of bambi rolled in mustard powder and seared on a hot plate then wrapped in bacon and tin foil and barbecued
when about medium rare taken from the tin foil and crisp the bacon, slice and what ever type of onion gravy poured over
then stand back and let the games begin
my eldest daughter has nearly stuck a fork into my arm when down to the last slice
I gave in and let her have it :lol: :lol: :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 06 Mar 2018, 6:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: sounds bloody delicious mate. i don't mind nailing pest species, but hunting for good table fare is also a main motivation for me. cooked "tuscan rabbit and pancetta" off a website called delicious.com. nicest thing i've ever cooked/eaten. will keep your deer recipe in the back of my head. going on a hunt over easter hopefully for deer or small goat. just keep the sharps away from ya daughter at dinner time but mate :lol: :drinks:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Stix » 06 Mar 2018, 11:47 pm

bigrich wrote::will keep your deer recipe in the back of my head. :

But it'll go rancid there & stink up your pillow...best vaccuum packed in the freezer till you're ready to cook it mate.. :crazy: :clap:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 07 Mar 2018, 9:17 am

:lol: you give me the giggles stix :lol: maybe I should vacuum my head and put that in the freezer to keep it all fresh :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Stix » 07 Mar 2018, 2:22 pm

Nah mate dont be silly, you'll die...!!! :cry:

Unless its for bringing yourself back to life in the future... :shock:

You could come on to enough gun in the future & see if marksmans shooting ways & rolled bambi n bacon recipe has been handed down to his great great great grand kids... :unknown:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 07 Mar 2018, 4:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: that's gold mate :lol: :lol: :lol: you trained up your wabbit's to tunnel into cooper's yet ? :lol: :drinks: :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Stix » 07 Mar 2018, 4:49 pm

bigrich wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: that's gold mate :lol: :lol: :lol: you trained up your wabbit's to tunnel into cooper's yet ? :lol: :drinks: :lol:

LMAO... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trying, but little green 32gr Hornady's keep mistaking them for zombies...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 08 Mar 2018, 5:15 pm

do zombie wabbits taste alright ?
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Stix » 08 Mar 2018, 7:04 pm

Yes mate...
I smoked one the other night...nice...!!!
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 08 Mar 2018, 8:08 pm

ummmm, how did you smoke the zombie wabbit stix ? in a proper meat smoker, or did you finely chop the zombie wabbit up and roll it up in " tally-ho's" :crazy: :lol: :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Stix » 09 Mar 2018, 5:17 pm

Just jointed it up & threw it In a cheapie meat smoker bigrich...
The front legs didnt make the plate...!
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 09 Mar 2018, 5:20 pm

marksman wrote:what I really like is a slab of bambi rolled in mustard powder and seared on a hot plate then wrapped in bacon and tin foil and barbecued
when about medium rare taken from the tin foil and crisp the bacon, slice and what ever type of onion gravy poured over
my eldest daughter has nearly stuck a fork into my arm when down to the last slice

Hey marksman, can i ask what part of bambi is best for this...& breed if it makes a difference...?
Cheers
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 10 Mar 2018, 5:55 pm

mate of mine bought a cheap smoker from bunnings i think, works a treat. where did you get yours stix ?
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by marksman » 10 Mar 2018, 6:05 pm

Stix wrote:
marksman wrote:what I really like is a slab of bambi rolled in mustard powder and seared on a hot plate then wrapped in bacon and tin foil and barbecued

Hey marksman, can i ask what part of bambi is best for this...& breed if it makes a difference...?
Cheers

usually use the backstrap :drinks:
but any muscle would do :thumbsup:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Next

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control