What do you take with you on short hunting trips?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: What do you take with you on short hunting trips?

Post by darwindingo » 01 Sep 2017, 11:17 pm

If you find yourself in a position that you need to glue yourself back together, don't go squirting it deep in the wound..... You are only trying to close the skin layer, it can cause issues particularly if used deeper than that... There are other versions of the glue that are better suited for this application although they can be significantly more expensive, vetbond is a reasonably priced option (its not certified for humans, but we are all animals) It also contains a dye so you can see where it is applied... If you wanted to control serious bleeding without actually applying an adhesive directly on the wound then you could apply the adhesive around the area and apply a section of plastic sheet pulled over the area in such a way as to pull the wound closed and also create a seal to prevent blood loss...

Point is there is risk involved, but clearly bleeding to death is a serious risk in such situations.... I would rather live and let the experts deal with any potential secondary issues that may arise from such emergency measures....

:drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Re: What do you take with you on short hunting trips?

Post by Daddybang » 02 Sep 2017, 6:54 am

That's the way ya do it. Pinch the skin up not into the wound itself. :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Previous

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey