Wanting to tag along on a hunt in Victoria

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Wanting to tag along on a hunt in Victoria

Post by 000 » 03 Sep 2017, 5:28 pm

Hi all . New to shooting and wanna tag along on a hunt with someone that knows there s**t . I have a pretty capable 4x4 and will go anywhere in victoria . I'm one of them meat obsessed people with like 6 different bbq's and really only interested in edible game anything from rabbits to deer pigs goats Roos whatever . Trying to plan something grand final weekend and any time after that . Send me a message if you can help . Cheers
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Wanting to tag along on a hunt in Victoria

Post by marksman » 06 Sep 2017, 12:59 pm

howdy 000
I thought someone should at least acknowledge your post
it is difficult without knowing someone personally to just let them jump on board and go to your hard earned private property
I don't think I would be the only one to say I have done this in the past and ended up with egg on my face
it is not wrong to ask if you don't you will never know, I suggest try a flyer drop in areas close to you and see how you go
show yourself as responsible and safety minded, don't give up, keep on asking it will happen
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 06 Sep 2017, 1:25 pm

Hate to break it to you 000 but you haven't painted the best picture for yourself straight off the bat, you might have a tough time using this strategy. Your first post on the forum is asking to go hunting with someone. I can't speak for the rest of the blokes on here but I'm hesitant to shoot with anyone I haven't met at least a couple of times in person already to get a sense of character, let alone a first time poster on the forum.
My advice would be to read up on the many hunting threads within Enoughgun, do some solo hunts (any state forest if you have no access to private land) and over time make yourself known among the the regular users of this forum and then you may have some better luck. Good luck :thumbsup:
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 06 Sep 2017, 2:21 pm

Well said YoungBuck.
I have mates I wouldnt shoot with because I dont fully trust them with a gun near me!
Not bad people, just a bit absent minded as they havent grown up with guns like I have and had to respect firearms to an authority figures standard, best they learn out on their own for a bit.
Bigjobss

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Sep 2017, 3:34 pm

YoungBuck wrote:Hate to break it to you 000 but you haven't painted the best picture for yourself straight off the bat, you might have a tough time using this strategy. Your first post on the forum is asking to go hunting with someone. I can't speak for the rest of the blokes on here but I'm hesitant to shoot with anyone I haven't met at least a couple of times in person already to get a sense of character, let alone a first time poster on the forum.
My advice would be to read up on the many hunting threads within Enoughgun, do some solo hunts (any state forest if you have no access to private land) and over time make yourself known among the the regular users of this forum and then you may have some better luck. Good luck :thumbsup:

+1
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by southeast varmiter » 06 Sep 2017, 4:23 pm

David shoebridge? Is that you?
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 06 Sep 2017, 4:25 pm

Username and all... 000, perhaps start at the introduction thread. That's always a good place.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Pythonkeeper » 06 Sep 2017, 4:31 pm

Agree 100% with all posts above, it would be way too much of a risk on many fronts to head out shooting with some random person from an online forum, you don't even have any previous posts for people to get a bit of a gauge on your character, even then it would be a long shot.
Go with some of the suggestions in previous posts or do your time at your local shooting ranges and get to know some of the guys and you may eventually get an invite if you prove yourself to be safe and trustworthy.
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Archie » 06 Sep 2017, 5:40 pm

juststarting wrote:Username and all... 000, perhaps start at the introduction thread. That's always a good place.

000. Time to call the cops?
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wombat » 06 Sep 2017, 6:01 pm

Not to mention shooting Roos. Maybe the OP is ignorant that they are not a legal target species in Victoria (unless culling with Permits).
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by southwest shooter » 06 Sep 2017, 6:15 pm

You are jokings me sir .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Sep 2017, 7:10 pm

Seems the OP is ducking for cover. Has not returned.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 06 Sep 2017, 8:03 pm

The guys are all spot on, 2 strangers out in the bush with firearms is a risk, things have gone wrong like that before
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey