50cal BMG hog huntin

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

50cal BMG hog huntin

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Sep 2017, 4:53 pm

Looks like just enough gun to get the job done on that big ol bruiser! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... LqhIZwbNfg
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: 50cal BMG hog huntin

Post by brett1868 » 12 Sep 2017, 5:47 pm

50 Cal BMG bit like ATM Machine....Pussies we're only using 600gr slugs, personally I think 798gr HP's are more ethical :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 12 Sep 2017, 5:53 pm

without a doubt it does the job emphatically :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 12 Sep 2017, 6:10 pm

marksman wrote:without a doubt it does the job emphatically :lol:

It's only done properly when the grunter is reduced to kit form :lol:
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Sep 2017, 6:49 pm

brett1868 wrote:50 Cal BMG bit like ATM Machine....Pussies we're only using 600gr slugs, personally I think 798gr HP's are more ethical :)

I thought you might like that little vid, classic hey. I know Harb wanted to try his out on Buffs one day if he got the chance, no doubt it would sort them out well too. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 12 Sep 2017, 7:29 pm

I expected the hog to be missing all the prime cuts on inspection, couldnt really see where he anchored it anyhow it had a hurting put on it
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Sep 2017, 7:41 pm

albat wrote:I expected the hog to be missing all the prime cuts on inspection, couldnt really see where he anchored it anyhow it had a hurting put on it

Nah that projie would have just penciled through I would think, she's a solid projie so wouldn't have expanded much if at all I wouldn't think, either way the hydrolic shock would have been very impressive I'm sure. :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 12 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

Guess it was a military round for stopping a truck or the like , did anyone see the u tube video of the 50cal penetrating a railway track?
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Sep 2017, 7:49 pm

albat wrote:Guess it was a military round for stopping a truck or the like , did anyone see the u tube video of the 50cal penetrating a railway track?

Yeah she would no doubt be something like that I would imagine, can't say I've seen the vid you mention, have you got a link?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Rikta » 12 Sep 2017, 7:50 pm

ded
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by albat » 12 Sep 2017, 7:54 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
albat wrote:Guess it was a military round for stopping a truck or the like , did anyone see the u tube video of the 50cal penetrating a railway track?

Yeah she would no doubt be something like that I would imagine, can't say I've seen the vid you mention, have you got a link?

https://youtu.be/W57EjnIJu7Q
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Sep 2017, 8:05 pm

That was cooool - I really enjoyed seeing how well they penetrate. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 12 Sep 2017, 8:07 pm

Yeah that freakin huge pig really stood no chance hey!
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Sep 2017, 8:12 pm

albat wrote:Yeah that freakin huge pig really stood no chance hey!

None what so ever! - the noise would be enough to scare it to death let alone the muzzle blast :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bigjobss » 12 Sep 2017, 9:10 pm

Am I missing something or is old mate not wearing any ear protection in the first vid?!
Bigjobss

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Sep 2017, 9:35 pm

Bigjobss wrote:Am I missing something or is old mate not wearing any ear protection in the first vid?!

That would have hurt the ears like hell! :lol: man do those things go off with a massive boom!
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bigjobss » 12 Sep 2017, 10:24 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Bigjobss wrote:Am I missing something or is old mate not wearing any ear protection in the first vid?!

That would have hurt the ears like hell! :lol: man do those things go off with a massive boom!

I imagine the muzzle brake doesnt help either :lol:
Would love to try one out one day.
Bigjobss

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Sep 2017, 10:55 pm

Bigjobss wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:

I imagine the muzzle brake doesnt help either :lol:
Would love to try one out one day.

:lol: nope it certainly doesn't. They are fun to shoot alright, well worth experiencing if you get a chance, they don't really kick real hard (well depending on weight etc) but my mates was good to shoot but that muzzle blast is something to behold :lol: the ground rumbles and ya hair flies all over the joint, the leave jump off the ground and I was around 60-80m away laying in my tent and the ground shook there and the tent bellowed out :lol: :lol: I sure as hell wasn't expecting that I can tell ya :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by brett1868 » 12 Sep 2017, 11:08 pm

The big Fiddy Cal is also good for clearing out the sinuses :)
If anyone is near Warracknabeal Vic on Saturday Oct 7th drop by the range as there's a 1000yd FCSA competition on and there'll be plenty of 50BMG's in use. It may be possible to shoot the club rifle if you want to experience the joy for yourself. I'll be competing in both the "Hunter" & "Unlimited" classes using the DTA Flinchmaster and the BR50.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Kiwi Greg » 17 Sep 2017, 6:42 pm

Yeah 50s are as cool as, but that video not so sure, doesn't really look like 350 lbs, notice after the fact it looks like its front leg is sitting pretty strange for where it was hit ? & as for no hearing protection...... but wait it is just a video afterall, editing is pretty easy .....

The projectiles are so hard they go straight through everything with very little damage apart from a 510 plus hole right through, animals usually run a fair way unless decent bone is hit. :oops:

I have some fancy 327 grain 510 Lehigh projectiles waiting in customs at the moment, I'm thinking they will be a little different :)
Kiwi Greg
Recruit
Recruit

New Zealand

Post by nightforcenxs » 17 Sep 2017, 7:36 pm

damn wish i could do some redneck stuff like that
nightforcenxs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 18 Sep 2017, 3:28 pm

Kiwi Greg wrote:Yeah 50s are as cool as, but that video not so sure, doesn't really look like 350 lbs, notice after the fact it looks like its front leg is sitting pretty strange for where it was hit ? & as for no hearing protection...... but wait it is just a video afterall, editing is pretty easy .....

The projectiles are so hard they go straight through everything with very little damage apart from a 510 plus hole right through, animals usually run a fair way unless decent bone is hit. :oops:

I have some fancy 327 grain 510 Lehigh projectiles waiting in customs at the moment, I'm thinking they will be a little different :)

What are you using the 327gr projectiles in? Very light for a 50BMG but with a faster powder could be a lot of fun :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey