50cal BMG hog huntin

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: 50cal BMG hog huntin

Post by brett1868 » 12 Sep 2017, 11:08 pm

The big Fiddy Cal is also good for clearing out the sinuses :)
If anyone is near Warracknabeal Vic on Saturday Oct 7th drop by the range as there's a 1000yd FCSA competition on and there'll be plenty of 50BMG's in use. It may be possible to shoot the club rifle if you want to experience the joy for yourself. I'll be competing in both the "Hunter" & "Unlimited" classes using the DTA Flinchmaster and the BR50.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Kiwi Greg » 17 Sep 2017, 6:42 pm

Yeah 50s are as cool as, but that video not so sure, doesn't really look like 350 lbs, notice after the fact it looks like its front leg is sitting pretty strange for where it was hit ? & as for no hearing protection...... but wait it is just a video afterall, editing is pretty easy .....

The projectiles are so hard they go straight through everything with very little damage apart from a 510 plus hole right through, animals usually run a fair way unless decent bone is hit. :oops:

I have some fancy 327 grain 510 Lehigh projectiles waiting in customs at the moment, I'm thinking they will be a little different :)
Kiwi Greg
Recruit
Recruit

New Zealand

Post by nightforcenxs » 17 Sep 2017, 7:36 pm

damn wish i could do some redneck stuff like that
nightforcenxs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 18 Sep 2017, 3:28 pm

Kiwi Greg wrote:Yeah 50s are as cool as, but that video not so sure, doesn't really look like 350 lbs, notice after the fact it looks like its front leg is sitting pretty strange for where it was hit ? & as for no hearing protection...... but wait it is just a video afterall, editing is pretty easy .....

The projectiles are so hard they go straight through everything with very little damage apart from a 510 plus hole right through, animals usually run a fair way unless decent bone is hit. :oops:

I have some fancy 327 grain 510 Lehigh projectiles waiting in customs at the moment, I'm thinking they will be a little different :)

What are you using the 327gr projectiles in? Very light for a 50BMG but with a faster powder could be a lot of fun :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey