R licence booking help please

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

R licence booking help please

Post by Smiley » 24 Sep 2017, 10:18 am

I am trying to make my first booking for myself and my daughter. We both have our R licence but how do I include a second hunter in my booking?
Any help would be appreciated as I am somewhat challenged with online stuff and computers in general.
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: R licence booking help please

Post by pomemax » 24 Sep 2017, 10:56 am

you don,t you book your hunt and then they book their hunt make sure its for the same place tho
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Smiley » 24 Sep 2017, 12:38 pm

Thanks, next question; As My daughter is a minor and under my supervision, does she have to have her own GPS?
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Smiley » 24 Sep 2017, 3:30 pm

I just found out you can't hunt during a total fire ban anyway, so I will have to wait until that is lifted from the area I was looking at.
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 24 Sep 2017, 6:56 pm

Smiley wrote:I am trying to make my first booking for myself and my daughter. We both have our R licence but how do I include a second hunter in my booking?
Any help would be appreciated as I am somewhat challenged with online stuff and computers in general.

Welcome to the club, mate! It confuses the heck out of me too.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by scoobs » 24 Sep 2017, 8:45 pm

what state forest you looking at booking?
Tikka t3x super lite stainless .308/Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC-800.
Tikka T3X varmint stainless 22-250/Bushnell Trophy Extreme 6-24x50.
Lithgow LA101 22LR/bushnell rimfire 3-12x40
Adler a110 12Ga 20" tactical.
scoobs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by scotty87 » 25 Sep 2017, 5:15 am

Smiley wrote:I just found out you can't hunt during a total fire ban anyway, so I will have to wait until that is lifted from the area I was looking at.

Only if your shooting black powder isn't it?
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Smiley » 25 Sep 2017, 5:37 am

scoobs wrote:what state forest you looking at booking?

One of the ones around Stanthorpe, like Boonoo or Gilgury.
scotty87 wrote:
Smiley wrote:I just found out you can't hunt during a total fire ban anyway, so I will have to wait until that is lifted from the area I was looking at.

Only if your shooting black powder isn't it?

I may be wrong, but I couldn't see where it said that on the dpi.nsw site.
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by scotty87 » 25 Sep 2017, 6:10 am

Yeah mate just found it here, no hunting in total fire ban, I'll probably have to change some plans myself

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/hunting/where-can-i-hunt/permission-conditions-hunting-in-nsw-state-forests
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by scotty87 » 25 Sep 2017, 12:21 pm

Hey mate if your still keen for a hunt and don't mind travelling a little further state forests around the inverell council area are still able to be hunted, Severn, mount topper etc. Lots of rabbits out that way and I'm sure there is deer, as I almost I just haven't found them yet.

As for boonoo and gillgury, I've had a look through boonoo late in the day and one early morning, signs of pig rooting/nesting around the first rest area near all the tussock flats you come across, leeches galore in here, I've seen one decent boar dart across the road. Gilgurry looks like access would be tough, pretty thick stuff to hunt in, you would want a dog.
Last edited by scotty87 on 25 Sep 2017, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 25 Sep 2017, 12:36 pm

NO it says NO HUNTING IN TOTAL FIRE BAN and NO solid fuel fire at all ( wonder if that includes a gas fired bbq) hope it rains soon then .
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by scotty87 » 25 Sep 2017, 12:40 pm

pomemax wrote:NO it says NO HUNTING IN TOTAL FIRE BAN and NO solid fuel fire at all ( wonder if that includes a gas fired bbq) hope it rains soon then .

No gas fires either from nsw fire service website, inverell council area is not under TOBAN currently but that could change daily https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fdr-and-tobans
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Smiley » 25 Sep 2017, 2:45 pm

Thanks Scotty87, I will look into it. I appreciate the input.
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Kater » 03 Oct 2017, 10:08 am

scotty87 wrote:
pomemax wrote:NO it says NO HUNTING IN TOTAL FIRE BAN and NO solid fuel fire at all ( wonder if that includes a gas fired bbq) hope it rains soon then .

No gas fires either from nsw fire service website, inverell council area is not under TOBAN currently but that could change daily https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fdr-and-tobans

I think you're reading that wrong.

"To reduce the risk of fires damaging or destroying life, property and the environment the NSW RFS Commissioner may declare a Total Fire Ban (TOBAN). In a Total Fire Ban no fire may be lit in the open and all fire permits are suspended. This includes incinerators and barbecues (BBQ) which burn solid fuel, e.g. wood, charcoal or heat beads. No general purpose welding, grinding, soldering or gas cutting can be done in the open."

Not gas BBQ.

See here - http://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/v ... -fire-bans

"During Solid Fuel Fire Bans gas appliances are permitted, except on days when total fire bans are declared."
Savage Model 25 Lightweight Varminter 204 Ruger
Leupold VX-2 6-18x40mm

Savage Model 11/111 BTH 30-06 Springfield
Bushnell Elite 3-9 40mm
Kater
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey