Great Forest National Park

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Great Forest National Park

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Sep 2017, 9:26 pm

So, what's happening with the GFPP?.
I haven't heard anything for some time.
If this goes ahead it will close off a huge amount of Sambar range to hunters.
Guessing it will be closed to other users too.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Great Forest National Park

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Sep 2017, 10:00 pm

GFPN proposed .png
GFPN proposed .png (625.93 KiB) Viewed 5030 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by southeast varmiter » 29 Sep 2017, 11:02 pm

It will be horse traded by Majors should greens hold balance of power in upcoming elections.
Be aware the remainder of state forests will be NP by 2025.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Sep 2017, 11:09 pm

southeast varmiter wrote:It will be horse traded by Majors should greens hold balance of power in upcoming elections.
Be aware the remainder of state forests will be NP by 2025.

Geez, I hope you're wrong. That will be the end of Sambar hunting. They will start breeding like rabbits. Big numbers won't be good for the bush.

Greens truly are stupid.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by southeast varmiter » 29 Sep 2017, 11:13 pm

There will be deer management contracts.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Sep 2017, 6:17 am

Like there are wild dog management contracts.

They are looking at doing the same in the west of the state too. The whole state will be NP the way it's going.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 30 Sep 2017, 6:51 am

Oldbloke wrote:Like there are wild dog management contracts.

They are looking at doing the same in the west of the state too. The whole state will be NP the way it's going.

No more deer hunting, not allowed to celebrate Australia day..maybe ya should move to qld ob!!! :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 30 Sep 2017, 9:08 am

That would put a lot of trailbike riders into no mans land or at least a NP as well. That is way over the top I live next to one of them and there is nothing special there. well there is but its not under threat from the few weekend warriors that like to play in the bush.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Sep 2017, 9:38 am

Daddybang wrote:

No more deer hunting, not allowed to celebrate Australia day..maybe ya should move to qld ob!!! :thumbsup:

When I can I will be dragging the van up your way. :thumbsup:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Sep 2017, 11:19 am

Up my way national parks aren't only turning state forests into national parks they're buying up cattle properties and turning
them into national parks we have two within 50klm of me already, no shooting no bike riding and no camping ( Gates are always locked )
Both these properties have caused major fire problems in the past due to the undergrowth in an already fire problem area
Letting these areas overgrow bring back noxious weeds and step up the feral animal problem
Contractors won't solve the problems with over stocking of wild animals we've had contractors and poisons for years up here and the problem
is still as big as ever Pigs and wild cattle in the agricultural areas and dogs , pigs and deer in the western cattle area
although deer are only just getting going
You've got to look around the world and see what is keeping animals from exploding in numbers and removing their habitat
is one that comes to mind and shooters do just that by having access to these areas contractors alone will not stop the influx of ferals
when they're given more untouchable areas to breed

Its not only the greens Oldbloke that are stupid there is a long list at present
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 30 Sep 2017, 11:38 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Daddybang wrote:

When I can I will be dragging the van up your way. :thumbsup:

Mate you're more than welcome to park it by my dam :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by southeast varmiter » 30 Sep 2017, 11:41 am

This is all in line with agenda 2030 and the wilderness project (UNESCO)

Up my way national parks aren't only turning state forests into national parks they're buying up cattle properties and turning
them into national parks we have two within 50klm of me already, no shooting no bike riding and no camping ( Gates are always locked )
Both these properties have caused major fire problems in the past due to the undergrowth in an already fire problem area
Letting these areas overgrow bring back noxious weeds and step up the feral animal problem
Contractors won't solve the problems with over stocking of wild animals we've had contractors and poisons for years up here and the problem
is still as big as ever Pigs and wild cattle in the agricultural areas and dogs , pigs and deer in the western cattle area
You've got to look around the world and see what is keeping animals from exploding in numbers and removing their habitat
is one that comes to mind and shooters do just that by having access to these areas contractors alone will not stop the influx of ferals

Its not only the greens Oldbloke that are stupid there is a long list at present
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 30 Sep 2017, 1:20 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Up my way national parks aren't only turning state forests into national parks they're buying up cattle properties and turning

Ya must be within a six pack trip of my place
(Biboorha) Ya right every year we get locked out of more and more country.!!! :thumbsdown: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Sep 2017, 11:41 pm

A bit more than a six pack Daddybang I'm on the border of Eungella National Park between Moranbah and the coast about 120 clicks
NW of Mackay
Yeah we are loosing shooting areas fast up here we lost YURANNA station to native title they locked the gates 70,000
acres then HOMEVALE station to national parks locked gates 40,000 acres then CODRILLA station to the coal mines locked
the gates 38,000 acres now there is the whole range behind us which at present just crown land will go to national park by next year
approx150,000 to 300,000 acres or more so something is cooking its probably as southeast varmiter said its an agender 2030 not sure
what that is myself
Cracks are already starting to appear in the parks theory we have a weed out west called parthinium or ( rag weed) since parks have taken
over the land, control of this weed has ceased enabling it to flourish and same with the rats tail grass on the coast which comes from Africa
it came here in pasture seed both weed and grass has the potential to devastate farm land
Rag weed and rats tail both smother out grass and thrives in any climate
For the love of me I can't think of why the parks want all this land and lock everybody out they can't even afford to maintain it properly
Yeah beyond me

cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by southeast varmiter » 30 Sep 2017, 11:46 pm

2030 is UN agenda to change our society. Part of it is based on minimizing our impact on the planet by pushing us into discreet living zones and lock humans out of wilderness areas. Under guise of biodiversity.
Australia is a signatory.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 01 Oct 2017, 12:32 am

grandadbushy wrote:A bit more than a six pack Daddybang I'm on the border of Eungella National Park between Moranbah and the coast about 120 clicks
NW of Mackay
Yeah we are loosing shooting areas fast up here we lost YURANNA station to native title they locked the gates 70,000
acres then HOMEVALE station to national parks locked gates 40,000 acres then CODRILLA station to the coal mines locked
the gates 38,000 acres now there is the whole range behind us which at present just crown land will go to national park by next year
approx150,000 to 300,000 acres or more so something is cooking its probably as southeast varmiter said its an agender 2030 not sure
what that is myself
Cracks are already starting to appear in the parks theory we have a weed out west called parthinium or ( rag weed) since parks have taken
over the land, control of this weed has ceased enabling it to flourish and same with the rats tail grass on the coast which comes from Africa
it came here in pasture seed both weed and grass has the potential to devastate farm land
Rag weed and rats tail both smother out grass and thrives in any climate
For the love of me I can't think of why the parks want all this land and lock everybody out they can't even afford to maintain it properly
Yeah beyond me

cheers

Yeah mate a little more than a six pack :D
What you're describing is so bloody familiar. Up here we've had the mongrels take over several stations in the past twelve months and shut everyone out. As ya said it either gets locked up completely or given to native title(which gets given straight back to national parks anyway) all just allows ferals to get out of control. Parthenium is a huge problem up here as is Lantana and bloody rubber vine. It's amazing that these so called educated poliscum can't see what a bloody bad idea it is :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Oct 2017, 10:51 am

WELL! All I can say about the 2030 situation is the educated poliscum had better find some extra way of feeding the people , I don't think they
realise how many hunters and people are self sufficient still and locking them out of hunting areas will only cause a vacuum of naturally
accessed food which will have to be sought in other ways
Another problem would be the massive increase in damage to crops from the rapid increase of ferals leading to less crops than they harvest now
I've seen what a mob of pigs can do to a 10,000 acre block of grain in a season and its not a good thing to see I can tell you so I think if things
got real bad with ferals there would be a big backlash from the farmers Australia wide towards the government
But I presume it would be too late by then the damage would have been done
Yeah Lantana , parthenium , Rubber Vine , Rats Tail and many others have had millions of dollars thrown at them but never seen through
to the end and only wasted the money is this a sign of the future ? I hope not

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 01 Oct 2017, 11:13 am

I hope not as well
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Oct 2017, 11:44 am

"got real bad with ferals there would be a big backlash from the farmers Australia wide towards the government
But I presume it would be too late by then the damage would have been done"

And there lie's part of the problem. Lack of foresight or complacency by farmers. They should also be lobbying to stop all these NPs or permitting shooting of pests within the NPs.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Oct 2017, 12:06 pm

HEAR,,,,HEAR,,,, WHO SAY AYE,,, Your dead right mate
There are some farmers up here that are now thinking that way but is it too little too late?
Member-Deleted

Post by Gun-nut » 01 Oct 2017, 1:22 pm

We're lucky to have the state elections coming up, here is where we can make a difference. Make sure to vote for pro-gun parties below the line, hopefully the SFFP can gain the balance the power in Parliament and prevent the GFNP from succeeding. If we motivate other shooters to vote wisely and to support lobby groups and pro gun parties, then its not too late to prevent the greens from getting their say.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey