Dog wont hunt :(

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Dog wont hunt :(

Post by jennageit » 03 Nov 2017, 10:52 am

Okay, so an update on my dog.
Last night I took Tux out the back and we did a lovely sneak up on some bunnies up the back. He spotted them and took off. Sadly they had too many places to go to get away from him, but he did come back with the tail off one. I let him have it as his reward. Hopefully when the time comes, he'll show the same amount of enthusiasm!
Will keep you updated!
Back from a break, and ready to shoot again :)
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 03 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm

Why not just move to Queensland, no rabbits allowed up here. That way the dog won't have a complex and look at the money saved on psychologist bills. Could start your firearm collections. :lol: :lol:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 03 Nov 2017, 9:52 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Why not just move to Queensland, no rabbits allowed up here. That way the dog won't have a complex and look at the money saved on psychologist bills. Could start your firearm collections. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by darwindingo » 04 Nov 2017, 1:19 am

jennageit wrote:Okay, so an update on my dog.
Last night I took Tux out the back and we did a lovely sneak up on some bunnies up the back. He spotted them and took off. Sadly they had too many places to go to get away from him, but he did come back with the tail off one. I let him have it as his reward. Hopefully when the time comes, he'll show the same amount of enthusiasm!
Will keep you updated!

That's a good start Jenna :D. Keep up the training, he will get there :thumbsup: Will certainly save on the pet psychology bills that RJ so humorously suggested :lol:

Got some funny people on this forum :D

Btw.. When you say "I let him have it as his reward" I assume you meant the bunny tail :lol: :P Letting him have it (aka a beating) could otherwise deter him :lol: :P :P :P

Sorry couldn't help myself :P

:drinks:

Jeff
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Gwion » 04 Nov 2017, 6:45 pm

Tripod wrote:Teach it to rabbit and you won't have a pet rabbit. So there's your choice.

Exactly. You can't expect the dog to chase wild rabbits but see your kids pet as a pack member/friend.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Nov 2017, 10:23 pm

jennageit wrote: Sadly they had too many places to go to get away from him, but he did come back with the tail off one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:allegedly:

No pictures = Didn't happen. (used many times on this forum)
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Nov 2017, 10:27 pm

Gwion wrote:
Tripod wrote:Teach it to rabbit and you won't have a pet rabbit. So there's your choice.

Exactly. You can't expect the dog to chase wild rabbits but see your kids pet as a pack member/friend.

PLUS 13.5 my friend, :thumbsup: for a bit of common sense.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey