Hunting property's (paid maybe)

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Hunting property's (paid maybe)

Post by pete1 » 16 Nov 2017, 8:45 am

So out of frustration running round state forests trying to find something to shoot and not even finding rabbits that use to be there.
I thought if i can get access to hunting property would be good, asked around and no luck.
Would be happy to give farmer couple of bucks if they let me shoot on there if it was big and heaps of goats, pigs ect.
Quick google found some, but $70 per person and minimum booking fee of $500 only wanted to go there a day and maybe with a mate, so that's to expensive and no guarantee ill get something.
Anyone know where to find other properties possibly paid if reasonable price?
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Hunting property's (paid maybe)

Post by Bigjobss » 16 Nov 2017, 3:09 pm

Are you a member of Field and Game? Great way to meet people and farmers.
Last year I became aquainted with a couple blokes from regional Vic through it and many doors have opened up as a result.
Bigjobss

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Nov 2017, 6:31 pm

Head at least an hours drive from Melbourne. Look for quiet back roads. Dress in a respectable way and knock on doors. Be polite and up front. Don't bulls**t. .
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 16 Nov 2017, 7:07 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Head at least an hours drive from Melbourne. Look for quiet back roads. Dress in a respectable way and knock on doors. Be polite and up front. Don't bulls**t. .

this +1 :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by darwindingo » 16 Nov 2017, 8:34 pm

marksman wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Head at least an hours drive from Melbourne. Look for quiet back roads. Dress in a respectable way and knock on doors. Be polite and up front. Don't bulls**t. .

this +1 :thumbsup:

Letting them know that you would be more than happy to call ahead each time you came out and could pickup anything that they may need from town on your way out to save them the trip, can help too in my experience.. :thumbsup:

Also If they let you on the property, things like getting a few bunnies for them to give the working dogs is usually appreciated.. Be sure and keep them updated when you get a fox etc.. Once you have proven yourself It's likely that they will mention you to their neighboring properties who may also offer access..... :thumbsup:

I've also got access to properties from dropping in and letting them know that I was in the area looking for properties to hunt on and noticed one of their fences was down and thought I should let them know about it... So I will always go out of my way to advise them If I see something like that... They appreciate that kind of stuff and it can open gates for you as it demonstrates your a good bloke.. Dragged a branch of a perimeter fence once and done a rope repair on it and left a note with my phone number as there was nobody at the house when I dropped in to let them know about it.. He called me up to say thanks and that I was welcome to come out to the property for a hunt.... :D

:drinks:

Jeff
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by wrenchman » 17 Nov 2017, 8:25 am

check with local feeds stores they might steer you to some one that could help you
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by gazza » 17 Nov 2017, 12:02 pm

If you see anyone selling anything such as eggs, fruit or even s**t. Pull in and buy some, especially if the land looks promising. It isn't hard to turn the topic to hunting.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Kipper » 17 Nov 2017, 1:31 pm

gazza wrote:If you see anyone selling anything such as eggs, fruit or even s**t.

Feral blackberries that need culling.

Boom!

:mrgreen:
Kipper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Nov 2017, 8:44 pm

Letting them know that you would be more than happy to call ahead each time."

That is as an absolute must.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 17 Nov 2017, 9:10 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Letting them know that you would be more than happy to call ahead each time."

That is as an absolute must.

Yep, 99.999999% of land owners will expect this. I do however have access to one particular property where the land owner has made it clear that he is happy for me to come and go as I please. Very much the exception to the rule.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 18 Nov 2017, 5:56 pm

Ask around you will find something. Through pure coincidence talking to a mate found that his misse's dad runs a cattle station reasonably close to me asked the question and a week later there I was. In a way I was also lucky the place is over run with ferals however, from pervious experiences had lost cattle due to people not locking gates. And since then was reluctant to le anyone on. It took me a little over a year to find a property to go too but be persistant something will show up.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey