Good Night Out

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Good Night Out

Post by MalleeFarmer » 17 Nov 2017, 12:34 am

Good night out. :clap: After heavy rains wednesday Ended up with a total of 7 Goats and 10 foxes :allegedly: only ended up with 9 scalps we couldnt find one fox in tall weeds. :unknown:
Attachments
4E2C1ED9-9CEA-4570-8889-F6AF9B5DDEAF.png
4E2C1ED9-9CEA-4570-8889-F6AF9B5DDEAF.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 4528 times
E990145A-5BB7-4E55-933B-7DE2EF844D9D.png
E990145A-5BB7-4E55-933B-7DE2EF844D9D.png (605.71 KiB) Viewed 4528 times
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Good Night Out

Post by darwindingo » 17 Nov 2017, 12:50 am

Well that's a bloody good haul... :clap: :thumbsup:

:drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Nov 2017, 6:14 am

Great. Didn't know we had goats in the mailee.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Kenny » 17 Nov 2017, 6:18 am

That's a good night..
Well done mate
Kenny
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Nov 2017, 6:27 am

bentaz wrote:Well done mate.
Do you spotlight the goats?

:crazy: Apparently.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 17 Nov 2017, 6:54 am

Oldbloke wrote:

:crazy: Apparently.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good job MalleeFarmer :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 17 Nov 2017, 6:55 am

Yea Mate. There are heaps of them up on a mates farm along the scrub so we head up there for a look when we go out usually get a heap or none at all.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 17 Nov 2017, 6:57 am

Oldbloke wrote:Great. Didn't know we had goats in the mailee.

Yea there is plenty. Some blokes go to the trouble of mustering them and selling to abbatoirs.
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 17 Nov 2017, 7:00 am

I used to get $90 a head for big billies. At that price they are worth the trouble. :lol: :drinks:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 17 Nov 2017, 7:04 am

That's an impressive haul malleefarmer. :drinks: :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by MalleeFarmer » 17 Nov 2017, 7:42 am

Gamerancher wrote:I used to get $90 a head for big billies. At that price they are worth the trouble. :lol: :drinks:

Yea at that price they sure are.
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 17 Nov 2017, 8:06 am

My goat wrangling days are over. Earlier this year while I was overseas, a neighbor got a professional goat catcher in and rounded up the entire mob, roughly 400-500 head off the ridge where they were. Considering I own 2/3rds of that ridge, I highly doubt they were all on his part of it. Can't prove it, so no more goats. Used to be a good little money spinner and a handy supply of tasty meat. I used to catch 20 - 30 every couple of months and the numbers used to stay steady. I guess he just got greedy, people are like that. :thumbsdown:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 17 Nov 2017, 8:14 am

Gamerancher wrote:My goat wrangling days are over. Earlier this year while I was overseas, a neighbor got a professional goat catcher in and rounded up the entire mob, roughly 400-500 head off the ridge where they were. Considering I own 2/3rds of that ridge, I highly doubt they were all on his part of it. Can't prove it, so no more goats. Used to be a good little money spinner and a handy supply of tasty meat. I used to catch 20 - 30 every couple of months and the numbers used to stay steady. I guess he just got greedy, people are like that. :thumbsdown:

That's just effin rude!!!! Ya don't muster a shared boundary unless both parties are present!!! :x
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 17 Nov 2017, 8:20 am

Daddybang wrote:
Gamerancher wrote:My goat wrangling days are over. Earlier this year while I was overseas, a neighbor got a professional goat catcher in and rounded up the entire mob, roughly 400-500 head off the ridge where they were. Considering I own 2/3rds of that ridge, I highly doubt they were all on his part of it. Can't prove it, so no more goats. Used to be a good little money spinner and a handy supply of tasty meat. I used to catch 20 - 30 every couple of months and the numbers used to stay steady. I guess he just got greedy, people are like that. :thumbsdown:

That's just effin rude!!!! Ya don't muster a shared boundary unless both parties are present!!! :x

Yep, just bloody rude.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by MalleeFarmer » 17 Nov 2017, 8:24 am

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 17 Nov 2017, 5:55 pm

Time to do some importation Mate,,,,,,,,,, and the day you release tell the neighbor "HANDS OFF" or else.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Nov 2017, 7:19 pm

Geez MalleeFarmer you've done yourself proud mate and out done me this week toboot
I'll have to smarten my foot work up
Do you get a bounty for fox where you are?
We used to here for wild dog but the local mayor ''mare'' she stopped it then a year later she and her husband bought a
property about 10 clicks up the road, bought all these big money cattle and within 4 months she was asking me to shoot the wild dogs
they had nearly cleaned them out I said it wasn't worth my while so then she informed me that she had tried to reinstate the bounty but couldn't get
any backing because by then she wasn't the mayor any more
Her reason for dropping the bounty was she didn't like seeing animals hurt yet now it affected her cattle she wanted them shot what a ''piss cutter''
My advice to her was buy a rifle and shoot them herself but she didn't I being me the good hearted stupid old bastard softened and I now do it for them
More so with the poor cattle in mind rather than them
Member-Deleted

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control