22-250 short range Bunnies.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

22-250 short range Bunnies.

Post by Elmer » 10 Dec 2017, 8:52 pm

Shooting Bunnies from 260-290 yards with the 22-250....not exactly long range but a lot of fun. :thumbsup:
https://youtu.be/XJ5jw-4YrcM
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Re: 22-250 short range Bunnies.

Post by darwindingo » 10 Dec 2017, 9:04 pm

Good stuff as usual Elmer :thumbsup: Pretty windy day by the looks..

:drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Elmer » 10 Dec 2017, 9:30 pm

darwindingo wrote:Good stuff as usual Elmer :thumbsup: Pretty windy day by the looks..

Thanks mate,its always windy, and when its calm its too bloody hot. :unknown: :roll:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by darwindingo » 10 Dec 2017, 9:48 pm

What loads you running in the 22-250 mate ?

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Elmer » 10 Dec 2017, 9:50 pm

darwindingo wrote:What loads you running in the 22-250 mate ?

Winchester Varmint Ballistic silvertips 55gn
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by darwindingo » 10 Dec 2017, 9:56 pm

What you pushing them with ? if you don't mind me asking..

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Elmer » 10 Dec 2017, 10:18 pm

darwindingo wrote:What you pushing them with ? if you don't mind me asking..

No worries, they are factories mate but they shoot so well in my rifle I dont see any point in reloading for it.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by darwindingo » 10 Dec 2017, 10:32 pm

Certainly does the job mate, drop's em like they been hit by a lightning bolt... :D

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by pete1 » 11 Dec 2017, 6:23 am

Very nice shooting. How many times zoom is that scope your using for that distance?
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 11 Dec 2017, 7:38 am

"Short range"!!! In all honesty that's about twenty yards further than any hunting shot I've ever taken!! Love ya work elmer!!! :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
Should add that third one looks abit tired stretching out to have a camp in the sun! :lol:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 11 Dec 2017, 8:43 am

very entertaining as usual elmer :thumbsup:
to a lot of people (like me) that's not short range for rabbits :lol: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 11 Dec 2017, 9:11 am

Yeah, DaddyBang, I had the same thought, just rolled over, stretch and warm the tummy in the sun.

Excellent marksmanship! :clap:

PS. no point in taking a beer out there with you - that wind would blow the bubbles out of it... :lol:
Last edited by RoginaJack on 11 Dec 2017, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Elmer » 11 Dec 2017, 2:08 pm

darwindingo wrote:Certainly does the job mate, drop's em like they been hit by a lightning bolt... :D

:thumbsup: :drinks:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 11 Dec 2017, 2:10 pm

pete1 wrote:Very nice shooting. How many times zoom is that scope your using for that distance?

Hi Pete,
the scope goes up to 20,probably from 16-18,
cheers.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 11 Dec 2017, 2:21 pm

Daddybang wrote:"Short range"!!! In all honesty that's about twenty yards further than any hunting shot I've ever taken!! Love ya work elmer!!! :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
Should add that third one looks abit tired stretching out to have a camp in the sun! :lol:

Thanks mate, yeah I bought the 250 for shooting from 400- 600 yds but last Saturday I really wanted to make paddock pizza just for the hell of it. That fox had a fist size exit hole and she went down without a twitch.Try and stretch to 300, if you have a .223 (even with a 12 twist barrel like mine) shooting 55 grainers you should be able to tag pests after some practice.
I always have a chuckle when they flip over and land flat on their backs (dark side emerging :twisted: :lol: ) I think that one had Myxo but a fox pinched it before I could take a proper look.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 11 Dec 2017, 2:24 pm

marksman wrote:very entertaining as usual elmer :thumbsup:
to a lot of people (like me) that's not short range for rabbits :lol: :drinks:

Glad you like it Marksman, I remember when I first started long range with my .223, I hit a Bunny at 225yds and I excitedly punched the air :lol: :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 11 Dec 2017, 2:31 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Yeah, DaddyBang, I had the same thought, just rolled over, stretch and warm the tummy in the sun.

Excellent marksmanship! :clap:

PS. no point in taking a beer out there with you - that wind would blow the bubbles out of it... :lol:

Cheers Jack, blow the bubbles out and hit you in the face :lol: ....that fox was actually resting under a tree about 400yds away, all I could see was her head in that wind taking a shot was way too risky. But patience prevailed when something spooked her and she ran straight towards me :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 11 Dec 2017, 3:03 pm

Elmer wrote:
Daddybang wrote:"Short range"!!! In all honesty that's about twenty yards further than any hunting shot I've ever taken!! Love ya work elmer!!! :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:

Thanks mate, yeah I bought the 250 for shooting from 400- 600 yds but last Saturday I really wanted to make paddock pizza just for the hell of it. That fox had a fist size exit hole and she went down without a twitch.Try and stretch to 300, if you have a .223 (even with a 12 twist barrel like mine) shooting 55 grainers you should be able to tag pests after some practice.
I always have a chuckle when they flip over and land flat on their backs (dark side emerging :twisted: :lol: ) I think that one had Myxo but a fox pinched it before I could take a proper look.

Unfortunately the country up here doesn't offer a lot of opportunities for 300+ shots
or the .243 would get a bit more of a workout :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by fxol » 11 Dec 2017, 8:43 pm

Nice shooting elmer. What camera are you using ? Seems to have a great zoom??
fxol
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 11 Dec 2017, 8:59 pm

fxol wrote:Nice shooting elmer. What camera are you using ? Seems to have a great zoom??

Hi fxol its a panasonic hc v550m
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Gamerancher » 11 Dec 2017, 9:13 pm

Good shooting once again Elmer, but you should get rid of that crappy Sako and get a Howa, cause apparently Sako's are s**t and Howas are the best gun on the planet!!!!! :allegedly: :sarcasm: :thumbsup:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Elmer » 12 Dec 2017, 7:43 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Good shooting once again Elmer, but you should get rid of that crappy Sako and get a Howa, cause apparently Sako's are s**t and Howas are the best gun on the planet!!!!! :allegedly: :sarcasm: :thumbsup:

s**t yeah mate, sako ******.....Howas are the Gun BUT I really am looking for a Stirling Model 20, I would gladly swap all my sashites for just one Stirling, even if its a rusted out garden stake :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 12 Dec 2017, 8:59 pm

Elmer wrote:
Gamerancher wrote:Good shooting once again Elmer, but you should get rid of that crappy Sako and get a Howa, cause apparently Sako's are s**t and Howas are the best gun on the planet!!!!! :allegedly: :sarcasm: :thumbsup:

s**t yeah mate, sako ******.....Howas are the Gun BUT I really am looking for a Stirling Model 20, I would gladly swap all my sashites for just one Stirling, even if its a rusted out garden stake :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:

Hey ease up on the stirlings!!! Some of us only have a limited budget!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Elmer » 12 Dec 2017, 9:45 pm

Daddybang wrote:
Elmer wrote:

Hey ease up on the stirlings!!! Some of us only have a limited budget!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup: Actually in the early nineties I really did have a Stirling m 20 I used to call it the club cos when you miss (and that was often) you just belt the Bunny to death with its chinese driftwood stock :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 13 Dec 2017, 7:08 am

Elmer wrote:
Daddybang wrote:
Elmer wrote:

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup: Actually in the early nineties I really did have a Stirling m 20 I used to call it the club cos when you miss (and that was often) you just belt the Bunny to death with its chinese driftwood stock :lol: :lol: :drinks:

I've got a model 15 that's my sh#ts and giggles gun. One day I'll be able to afford a top of the line rig but that's a little bit down the track!!! :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 13 Dec 2017, 10:14 am

Thanks for that Elmer, gave me a laugh, :lol: which is what I really needed this morning. :drinks:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Elmer » 14 Dec 2017, 4:56 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Thanks for that Elmer, gave me a laugh, :lol: which is what I really needed this morning. :drinks:

:) :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control