Who would pull the trigger on this.....

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Who would pull the trigger on this.....

Post by Corn » 24 Jan 2018, 3:46 pm

Sawyers wrote:I nearly shot our cat about 3 weeks ago, the little ****** was about 300m from our house, I only pulled up because I seen a flash white and realised it was ours

I cannot imagine how hard it would be trying to explain that to the wife & kids (assuming there is a wife & kid(s))
Something something something
Corn
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 24 Jan 2018, 3:53 pm

Corn wrote:
Sawyers wrote:I nearly shot our cat about 3 weeks ago, the little ****** was about 300m from our house, I only pulled up because I seen a flash white and realised it was ours

I cannot imagine how hard it would be trying to explain that to the wife & kids (assuming there is a wife & kid(s))

Sorry kids but soxy ran away!! :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Milesy » 24 Jan 2018, 8:02 pm

Brinny you are simply showing respect to the man whom trusted you to do the right thing.
Simple but sadly not as common a trait Now days.
Spent a stack of school holiday time as a kid on our cousins dairy farm. Cow Cocky means one man/woman dairy farmer.
Cheers Milesy
Ruger American 223 Stainless
WW Greener Martini Action 12g
Ruger American 22lr Blued
Savage Mk11 BV 22lr
SHS STP 12g
Tikka T3X 308 Win SS Lite
Milesy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 24 Jan 2018, 10:19 pm

Gees...ya gotta be careful...!!!

I used to spotlight on a farm where my g/friend at the time knew the farmers well...
Id always start & finish around the farm sheds with a .22lr with subs & a can as there was a small piggery that attracted all sorts of vermin.

One night i started by knocking over a bluey/grey cat hiding in an old shed clad in old timber pailings.

Went about the night normally from then on, removing the said cat & hurling it out in one of the many over grown dried up creek beds running through the property.

Upon return to g/f's house, she asked how we went...3 foxes, half dozen bunnies & a cat in a farm shed...

Her face turned pale & sickly as she went on to inform me that the farmers sons fiancé had bought her man an $1800 russian blue & she had forgotten to tell me... :shock:

Well neither of us shooters knew what a russian blue was let alone looked like...& this was before the days of internet so a quick look on google was out of the question.
I made the girlfriend come to look for it with us as she had been given express instructions from the farmer for me to obviously NOT shoot the new addition to the farm...we finally found the cat i shot at around 4am...

Not sure if the relief or anger was more when we finally found the cat & the girlfriend said it was NOT the russian blue...!!!
We all had a laugh the next day, & the farmers son wished the cat had been shot--he hated it...!!! :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by tom604 » 27 Jan 2018, 8:45 am

i would show the farmer the pictures at least, then talk about how good they taste ;) and then mention that if he wants and if you see one, you can get one to share the meat with him :thumbsup:

always thought cockys joy was rain, how wrong i was, the shame,the shame :oops: :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey