Waterfowl identification test

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Waterfowl identification test

Post by SHANAKATAK » 26 Jan 2018, 8:49 pm

Has anyone recently done their waterfowl test in VIC?
I've done the practice tests and I've been studying hard but considering it's the VIC gov I'm a bit unsure about it.
Bit worried the video will be played on an old tiny CRT with little chance of picking any detail out.
SHANAKATAK
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Waterfowl identification test

Post by Bigjobss » 26 Jan 2018, 9:37 pm

Where are you doing it? The GMA use good quality AV equipment and you wont have any problems.
I made sure I got a seat right in front of the screen, which was pretty easy as most blokes tend to go to the back of the room first
Bigjobss

Post by SHANAKATAK » 26 Jan 2018, 9:41 pm

I was going to do it at Attwood but may book one in the city to get it done a week early, and get a jump on the game licence queue.
SHANAKATAK
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 26 Jan 2018, 10:31 pm

Good luck, its not overly hard if you study, the GMA practice videos are really good and are in the exact same style as the test, pretty sure you can see colour/markings on all game birds which makes it easier if you are sitting close
Bigjobss

Post by SHANAKATAK » 26 Jan 2018, 10:35 pm

Cheers, I'll make sure to take a front row seat. If it's anything like lectures no one wants them anyway.
SHANAKATAK
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey