Qld Farm Biosecurity Act

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Qld Farm Biosecurity Act

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 26 Jan 2018, 10:04 pm

Anyone clued in on this?

Comments on another forum reckon it will deter recreational shooters - seems you can't access property without prior approval. This will make doorknocking for prospective hunting properties difficult The signs are apparently part of govt accreditation scheme farmers need to comply with now.

http://www.queenslandcountrylife.com.au/story/4686197/good-farm-biosecurity-just-say-no/
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Qld Farm Biosecurity Act

Post by Wombat » 26 Jan 2018, 10:40 pm

Looks like the excess OH&S people have found a niche.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 27 Jan 2018, 8:32 am

you would be going to the office/house first anyway wouldn't you?, letter drop? a phone call may work :| but you would have to have the gift of the gab :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Jan 2018, 8:54 am

I always ph before going on any private property to shoot anyway.

So what's the drama?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lifesaride » 27 Jan 2018, 9:00 am

The new 2014 qld biosecurity act, and by new I mean it only came into effect on July 1 last year, is more or less just a state version of the new Australian biosecurity act.
One part of it is the management of bovine jonhes disease is now managed by states and cattle producers are scored on a ranking system which 1-8, 7 and 8 involves getting a vet out to test your heard every 1-3 years. As well as all the usual weed and pest and ferals.
Just another way of putting the onus back onto the farmer, ie more regulation, more paperwork, and more fees.
Every state has an updated biosecurity act which are all more or less the same deal. Next they will want all farmers to erect 10 foot fences with razor wire.
Cheers Leo
Lifesaride
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by brinny » 27 Jan 2018, 9:35 am

Next door neighbour has these on his gates now...we are in Vic....Tells me i cant go on his place without washing my vehicles down.......
https://i.imgur.com/NnztUZr.jpg
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Jan 2018, 10:06 am

Well, if this is correct, state government will need to do the same for national parks. Also clean up all the weeds on gov land. That's when they set an example. :sarcasm:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 27 Jan 2018, 11:14 am

seems like it will deter farmers from allowing new shooters on their land - OK if youre lucky to have an existing relationship

Time will tell I guess
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 27 Jan 2018, 12:11 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:Anyone clued in on this?

Comments on another forum reckon it will deter recreational shooters - seems you can't access property without prior approval. This will make doorknocking for prospective hunting properties difficult The signs are apparently part of govt accreditation scheme farmers need to comply with now.

http://www.queenslandcountrylife.com.au/story/4686197/good-farm-biosecurity-just-say-no/

Won't make any difference. Ya have always had to have prior approval to access agricultural land. Driving up to the office or house is not "accessing" the land. As has been said above it's to prevent the spread of weeds and diseases such Panama tropical race 4. My missus manages a large banana farm and the boys who go on there to go pigging are still able to have access. :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 27 Jan 2018, 1:34 pm

OK I'll black hat this - at the risk of overthinking it...

I'm looking for a property to hunt on and I arrive at the owners gate - 1 km from there to his house. The sign on the gate says do not access without prior approval and theres no phone number. If I drive up to say gday the owner/manager is more than likely to say "Didn't ya see the bloody sign?" We're off to a great start! The only thing I can think of is to leave a letter in the mailbox. A mate does that actually with mixed success.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 27 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm

A sign at the front gate, Yes, great start BUT I just can't see how the property owner is going to get all the feral animals, birds and native animals to read and obey the sign.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 27 Jan 2018, 4:52 pm

RoginaJack wrote:A sign at the front gate, Yes, great start BUT I just can't see how the property owner is going to get all the feral animals, birds and native animals to read and obey the sign.

Exactly right RJ that's why they still need piggers on my wifes farm. :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 27 Jan 2018, 4:54 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:OK I'll black hat this - at the risk of overthinking it...

I'm looking for a property to hunt on and I arrive at the owners gate - 1 km from there to his house. The sign on the gate says do not access without prior approval and theres no phone number. If I drive up to say gday the owner/manager is more than likely to say "Didn't ya see the bloody sign?" We're off to a great start! The only thing I can think of is to leave a letter in the mailbox. A mate does that actually with mixed success.

Yep ya over thinking it! :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 27 Jan 2018, 8:09 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:OK I'll black hat this - at the risk of overthinking it...

Yep overthinking it :crazy: Sign says "...report to office..." : :welcome: allegedly:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey