Rare as Rocking Horse s**t

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Rare as Rocking Horse s**t

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Feb 2018, 8:59 pm

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Rare as Rocking Horse s**t

Post by Strikey » 01 Feb 2018, 9:30 pm

The roos were in these sort of numbers out around Longreach 2yrs ago, at night they were running through the town, absolutely amazed me at what they would do for a bit of green pick, the roos were just skin and bone. The roads were covered in carcasses and didn't matter where you went there was a stench, drought not only affects farmers and their stock but our native animals do it hard also, very depressing to experience :cry:
Strikey
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by YoungBuck » 02 Feb 2018, 9:14 am

I've filmed a similar thing to that, though no where near those numbers. Couple of years ago walking through SF on the hunt for foxes, I had a mob of about 80 come barreling past, in front and behind me on their way to who knows where. Should see if I've still got the footage somewhere.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Jon79 » 02 Feb 2018, 1:42 pm

you hear a motor bike turn up right at the end, I reckon the farmers were having an old school roo drive...not uncommon when roo numbers get too high or feed is very scarce (both in this case)
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by albat » 02 Feb 2018, 7:14 pm

Been out culling recently for farmer with tags in southern qld there are serious numbers you need to take a heap of ammo for three nights work
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 02 Feb 2018, 9:32 pm

great story thanks for posting :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 03 Feb 2018, 1:05 pm

At mount Augustus in the east Gascoyne I witnessed a similar thing.They were all going east and the next day it rained out where they went.They can travel a long way when they need to
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey