Dealing with protestors

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Dealing with protestors

Post by Bigjobss » 15 Feb 2018, 8:24 pm

Protesters probably wont be an issue unless you go to one of the big lakes, they undetsandably target the crowds.
The best way to deal with them would be to remain calm and effectively shoot ducks right in front of them, showing them how futile their protests are.
Bigjobss

Post by duncan61 » 15 Feb 2018, 9:28 pm

I have been to all the links above.Wow People in the water,Shooters in the water,Ducks in the water.What could go wrong??? amazing situation.There has to be somewhere the protestors are not at so you can get a few ducks.I have no idea where it was possible to shoot ducks in W.A. before 1990 I am going to do more research
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 15 Feb 2018, 9:30 pm

So mountain and wood ducks have a season.Good to know
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by SHANAKATAK » 15 Feb 2018, 9:36 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Looks like a chest mounted action cam for myself (convenient excuse to buy one) and Winchester duck loads for the blackies.
SHANAKATAK
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 15 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm

enjoy
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 15 Feb 2018, 10:18 pm

Do you have an Adler? That'll make them wet their panties in shear terror and that's just the men.... :lol:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by SHANAKATAK » 15 Feb 2018, 10:31 pm

Got an Adler and an Akkar Churchill. I suppose I could dual wield them. :lol: 3 quick shots and then 5 slower ones.
SHANAKATAK
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Corn » 16 Feb 2018, 5:29 am

brett1868 wrote:Do you have an Adler? That'll make them wet their panties in shear terror and that's just the men.... :lol:

We need a ‘like’ button!! :thumbsup:
Something something something
Corn
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Stix » 16 Feb 2018, 5:47 am

Corn wrote:
brett1868 wrote:Do you have an Adler? That'll make them wet their panties in shear terror and that's just the men.... :lol:

We need a ‘like’ button!! :thumbsup:

Nah mate...definately not...!!!

Lets not turn this into facebook...!!
--you want facebook, over you go...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 16 Feb 2018, 7:42 am

Just take a shovel and a bag of lime with ya fellas...... :D
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Hugh » 17 Feb 2018, 4:29 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this matter but southeast varmiter you say they are under instructions does
that mean there is an organised body that preplans disturbances for the duck shooters ?
I thought it was only a few local nuts who got in with the greenies
So if it is the case of an organised body how come the gov don't stop them as they are creating an unsafe environment
and down right dangerous for them and not far short of insiting possible violence
Thank goodness we don't have that problem up here as duck hunting isn't as big up here as it is down there

Cheers

Your lucky you never heard of Laurie Levy?And his Coalition Against Duck Shooting
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Feb 2018, 7:14 pm

Yeah Hugh it certainly sounds that way also we got enough tree huggers up here already don't need any more
Member-Deleted

Post by Bigjobss » 17 Feb 2018, 8:21 pm

Hugh wrote:
grandadbushy wrote:Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this matter but southeast varmiter you say they are under instructions does
that mean there is an organised body that preplans disturbances for the duck shooters ?
I thought it was only a few local nuts who got in with the greenies
So if it is the case of an organised body how come the gov don't stop them as they are creating an unsafe environment
and down right dangerous for them and not far short of insiting possible violence
Thank goodness we don't have that problem up here as duck hunting isn't as big up here as it is down there

Cheers

Your lucky you never heard of Laurie Levy?And his Coalition Against Duck Shooting

Laurie is basically a cult leader, his actions tick all the boxes (apart from the religious aspect)
Bigjobss

Post by RoginaJack » 17 Feb 2018, 8:39 pm

And I think that those are debatable. :sarcasm:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 18 Feb 2018, 8:17 am

He really hasnt been in the news like he and the anti duck protesters used to be though. I cant remember how long ago it was when they were headline type news. Then there was the drought and duck season was called off, so they had nothing, then the drought broke and duck season was back however the protestors were really not the same.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Feb 2018, 10:15 am

I think these protesters are lost soles looking for a cause because they focus on only one species the '' Duck ''
Why not anything else also they don't have enough nouse to understand thousands of animals die every for people to live
We had a funny thing happen with a protester up here at our local pub , we were being looked at by water resources for viability
to have a major dam built in our mountains near by , these protesters had come up to protest against it being built stating the
rare gastric frog for the reason for the dam not to be built as this was its breeding area '' total BS''
These people dad been staying at the local pup and causing a bit of trouble with local farmers who would benefit from the dam
Anyway one of the protesters ordered a coffee over the bar and the barmaid who's husband owns a farm obliged them
The barmaid returned and said that'll be $10 a cup, the protesters gasped and said that's pretty expensive the barmaid
replied ''yes it is' 'but I've already made it for you and water is a rare commodity here '' so they paid it then they received their
coffee one of them looked into the cup and said '' there's only about a table spoon of water in here '' the barmaid turned slowly
and said '' Yep waters scarce and will be until the dam gets built'' ''Made my day that did''
We never got the dam ground wasn't good enough
Member-Deleted

Next

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control