Dealing with protestors

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Dealing with protestors

Post by SHANAKATAK » 14 Feb 2018, 8:12 pm

So I'll be headed out for my first duck hunt this season in VIC, I've been warned about protestors from the folks at GMA.

Being that I'll be on my own, what are the risks of running into greenies, and if I do what's the best course of action other than ignore them?

Thanks fellas.
SHANAKATAK
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Dealing with protestors

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Feb 2018, 8:23 pm

Take a few cranky tiger snakes in a bag with you hand them out to the greenies via air mail they'll
stay away when a few see a tiger snake sailing toward them through the air :lol: :lol:
cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by southeast varmiter » 14 Feb 2018, 8:47 pm

The ones going up this year are the vegan lunatics.
They are under instruction to get into your face and claim you assaulted them with a firearm.
Gopros included.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 14 Feb 2018, 8:52 pm

Wear a GoPro
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Feb 2018, 9:40 pm

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this matter but southeast varmiter you say they are under instructions does
that mean there is an organised body that preplans disturbances for the duck shooters ?
I thought it was only a few local nuts who got in with the greenies
So if it is the case of an organised body how come the gov don't stop them as they are creating an unsafe environment
and down right dangerous for them and not far short of insiting possible violence
Thank goodness we don't have that problem up here as duck hunting isn't as big up here as it is down there

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 14 Feb 2018, 11:36 pm

I'm f@#king glad these wankbrain protesters don't have the same impact up here. Although they are slowly getting a grip on the cities.
As others have said record all interactions with the scum!! :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 15 Feb 2018, 11:30 am

Are ducks in Vic being culled or are they being shot for food /sport.In winter the farm I shoot has loads of ducks and I shoot a few for food.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 15 Feb 2018, 11:47 am

Rec hunting/shooting of ducks is illegal in wa.
There are some birds galahs and corellas etc that can be culled under permit. :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 15 Feb 2018, 1:11 pm

As JS said, wear a Go-Pro though I'd add that a chest mount be used.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Noisydad » 15 Feb 2018, 3:32 pm

Unless you’re at on of the northern vic swamps you’re unlikely to see any. The long nosed freckled fibber will leak the secret location of this years “rescue” to the media to ensure the circus is on the “news” and thus years crop of suck....er... 1st year uni students will blindly follow. There’s more than 90% annual turn over of these gullible twits. Take your phone to use as a recording device.
We all should keep an eye out for small groups that appear to doing a line search under road side power lines as these are activists looking for power line kills to dump on the steps of Parliament House claiming they are shot by hunters. Take photos - they really, REALLY hate that! ;-)
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by pete1 » 15 Feb 2018, 3:56 pm

I'd say if there is a problem and they touch you, I'd call police, cause every call is recorded on 000 and then you have a record of the incident.
Go Pro would be handy even a cheap knock off brand, you can record all visual and verbal interactions, plus get film of your trip.
I don't know how common it is to find them, probably there first weekend of season and close to Melbourne.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 15 Feb 2018, 3:59 pm

Unless you’re at on of the northern vic swamps you’re unlikely to see any. The long nosed freckled fibber will leak the secret location of this years “rescue” to the media to ensure the circus is on the “news” and thus years crop of suck....er... 1st year uni students will blindly follow. There’s more than 90% annual turn over of these gullible twits. Take your phone to use as a recording device.
We all should keep an eye out for small groups that appear to doing a line search under road side power lines as these are activists looking for power line kills to dump on the steps of Parliament House claiming they are shot by hunters. Take photos - they really, REALLY hate that! ;-)
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Corn » 15 Feb 2018, 4:22 pm

:thumbsup: As JS as written and a couple of others have agreed, a GoPro style camera, or similar recording device.
Don't engage with them, even if the are 'up in your face'.
It's difficult here in Vic for Duck season with the protesters.
Fingers crossed you don't run into any.
Check out their website(s) http://www.duck.org.au/
If its free to join, join up to get any info on protests.
They'll try to get between you / the shooters or hunters and the ducks. They'll wade out into the wetlands etc.
A bunch years ago Laurie Levy was "shot in the face" doing something similar to this. When I write "shot in the face" it was pallets falling from the sky or a ricochet or something and a pallet or two hit him in the face. He showed his face on camera with a small wound that was bleeding.
He's a fool (IMO).
In 2011 a female protester was "shot in the face" too https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 1c1ih.html

The authorities know their tactics, so do everything by the book.
Good luck and please share your experience / story once you've had a Duck Hunt :thumbsup:

edit: http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/sto ... g-weekend/
Apparently Duck hunters are 'gun-weilding hunters' lol!
Something something something
Corn
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 15 Feb 2018, 5:12 pm

I tell the ducks they are trespassing on my land, then if they fail to leave I use suitable force, enough force so they don't have the option of needing to be detained further.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Gwion » 15 Feb 2018, 5:21 pm

Hahaha...
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Sawyers » 15 Feb 2018, 7:27 pm

Daddybang wrote:Rec hunting/shooting of ducks is illegal in wa.
There are some birds galahs and corellas etc that can be culled under permit. :drinks:

This isnt exactly true you can take wood and mountain duck on private land in the southwest land and Eucla devisions between Jan 1 and June 30.
Sawyers
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 15 Feb 2018, 7:44 pm

Sawyers wrote:

This isnt exactly true you can take wood and mountain duck on private land in the southwest land and Eucla devisions between Jan 1 and June 30.

Thanks for correcting me sawyers. When I googled hunting ducks in WA everything I read stated that it was banned. My mistake :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sawyers » 15 Feb 2018, 8:01 pm

Daddybang wrote:
Sawyers wrote:

Thanks for correcting me sawyers. When I googled hunting ducks in WA everything I read stated that it was banned. My mistake :thumbsup: :drinks:

Alot of people dont even know that we have a season, the greenies included.

I have about 30 - 40 wood duck on a small dam on our property, ill be thining there numbers out over the next couple of months
Sawyers
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Bigjobss » 15 Feb 2018, 8:24 pm

Protesters probably wont be an issue unless you go to one of the big lakes, they undetsandably target the crowds.
The best way to deal with them would be to remain calm and effectively shoot ducks right in front of them, showing them how futile their protests are.
Bigjobss

Post by duncan61 » 15 Feb 2018, 9:28 pm

I have been to all the links above.Wow People in the water,Shooters in the water,Ducks in the water.What could go wrong??? amazing situation.There has to be somewhere the protestors are not at so you can get a few ducks.I have no idea where it was possible to shoot ducks in W.A. before 1990 I am going to do more research
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 15 Feb 2018, 9:30 pm

So mountain and wood ducks have a season.Good to know
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by SHANAKATAK » 15 Feb 2018, 9:36 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Looks like a chest mounted action cam for myself (convenient excuse to buy one) and Winchester duck loads for the blackies.
SHANAKATAK
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 15 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm

enjoy
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 15 Feb 2018, 10:18 pm

Do you have an Adler? That'll make them wet their panties in shear terror and that's just the men.... :lol:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by SHANAKATAK » 15 Feb 2018, 10:31 pm

Got an Adler and an Akkar Churchill. I suppose I could dual wield them. :lol: 3 quick shots and then 5 slower ones.
SHANAKATAK
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Corn » 16 Feb 2018, 5:29 am

brett1868 wrote:Do you have an Adler? That'll make them wet their panties in shear terror and that's just the men.... :lol:

We need a ‘like’ button!! :thumbsup:
Something something something
Corn
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Stix » 16 Feb 2018, 5:47 am

Corn wrote:
brett1868 wrote:Do you have an Adler? That'll make them wet their panties in shear terror and that's just the men.... :lol:

We need a ‘like’ button!! :thumbsup:

Nah mate...definately not...!!!

Lets not turn this into facebook...!!
--you want facebook, over you go...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 16 Feb 2018, 7:42 am

Just take a shovel and a bag of lime with ya fellas...... :D
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Hugh » 17 Feb 2018, 4:29 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this matter but southeast varmiter you say they are under instructions does
that mean there is an organised body that preplans disturbances for the duck shooters ?
I thought it was only a few local nuts who got in with the greenies
So if it is the case of an organised body how come the gov don't stop them as they are creating an unsafe environment
and down right dangerous for them and not far short of insiting possible violence
Thank goodness we don't have that problem up here as duck hunting isn't as big up here as it is down there

Cheers

Your lucky you never heard of Laurie Levy?And his Coalition Against Duck Shooting
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Feb 2018, 7:14 pm

Yeah Hugh it certainly sounds that way also we got enough tree huggers up here already don't need any more
Member-Deleted

Next

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control