Hunting nsw park's near qld border

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Hunting nsw park's near qld border

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 19 Aug 2018, 8:19 pm

Anyone got any updates ?
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 20 Aug 2018, 11:23 am

I thought that it's all closed off around the border due to the bushfire warnings and extreme fire situation.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Archie » 20 Aug 2018, 2:55 pm

albat wrote:All the forests near the border at the higher elevations have dense jungle almost unhuntable go for the lower elevation ones 200m or less

So here's a question for people. I have a forest near one of my regular haunts that is basically like this - pretty much hilly rainforest with a crapload of vines. Driving through it, it's discouraged me so much I havent even tried because it looks like lines of sight would be measured single digit metres.

But, people have been hunting that sort of terrain pretty much from when they figured out how to stand on only two feet, so it must be doable. And I generally think, if there's anywhere so foul that no one in their right mind would want to go there, it might hold animals. Anyone got any pointers for scouting out really thick stuff?
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Dingo » 20 Aug 2018, 5:30 pm

no go bronco lots of kangaroos looked like pig sign but im no expert . when it rains a s**t load it may be worth a look
styer 223 & 308 & a lack of $$$
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 20 Aug 2018, 8:39 pm

Without being able to have a look at where you're talking about, I'd suggest google it and check out the ridges etc. The ridges might be a bit easier going. Also check for game trails to and from water points, open country, heading towards grazing/farmland etc. The gullies might be a bit too thick but in N.Z. reds are in very thick stuff, so look for game trails, bush tracks etc.
if there's good cover, semi/open clearings for grazing there may be deer there and pigs in the thick stuff, especially along the creeks.

Good hunting...
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey