hunting buddies!!

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

hunting buddies!!

Post by matt95 » 24 Mar 2018, 6:35 pm

hey everyone! my name is matt I live in west vic in the melton area (strathtulloh) im just wondering if anyone is interested in a hunting buddy, I've got a 223 at this stage so I cant go for deer but will be getting a deer gun very shortly thanks!
matt95
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: hunting buddies!!

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Mar 2018, 8:42 pm

Can you tell me your secret deer spot? Or all your best hunting spots? Include maps please.

Do I sound sarcastic? Perhaps because this is your first post. I suggest you give members a chance to get to know you a bit first before asking for those sorts of favours.

Most people don't just offer to meet or take someone out unless they feel comfortable first. And it doesn't happen very often.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by matt95 » 25 Mar 2018, 5:06 am

thanks for your input, I wasn't asking for people to take me out, I have spots/ farms I tend to hunt on but its more enjoyable with other, but I get where you're coming from mate cheers
matt95
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Mar 2018, 8:03 am

Yeah, don't take offence. This is a great forum with plenty of people who will be happy to meet and greet. Even help with spots. They just need time to get to know you.

Also suggest you make use of the "Introduce yourself " thread. Good luck.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Hugoboom » 25 Mar 2018, 12:29 pm

Hi Matt and everyone I'm Hugo well known as ''Hugoboom" hope you still looking for someone to go hunting with, I leave in NSW and every couple of weeks I'm at ACT working, been hunting all over South America, and also Looking for Hunting Buddies shoot with Bow and Arrows, Howa 308 and will be buying soon a Howa 223 to bust some bunnies, Goats, Foxes, Cats and all other Ferals, :twisted: hope your well and please don't hessitate to contact me. thanks Mate :welcome:
Hugoboom
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by matt95 » 25 Mar 2018, 2:53 pm

no offence taken mate, im fairly new to hunting/shooting forums so still trying to figure them out but i appreciate your input and letting me know theres an introduce your self forum
matt95
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Mar 2018, 4:41 pm

Notice I'm the only member commenting. They are watching. Just a guess but for every comment probably 50 views.

Ask questions, get involved. You will learn.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by southwest shooter » 25 Mar 2018, 8:41 pm

Gday champ
If you want to go for a shot in Iraq , Syria or Afghanistan just drp me a line .
Cheers
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 25 Mar 2018, 9:13 pm

southwest shooter wrote:Gday champ
If you want to go for a shot in Iraq , Syria or Afghanistan just drp me a line .
Cheers

At least there would be plenty of goats on offer!! :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 25 Mar 2018, 9:46 pm

Daddybang wrote:
southwest shooter wrote:Gday champ
Cheers

At least there would be plenty of goats on offer!! :lol: :drinks:

They carry their own cloth for meat bags...!!! :shock: :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Justin9mm » 26 Mar 2018, 7:49 pm

I sent you a private message matt95
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by matt95 » 26 Mar 2018, 9:11 pm

thanks for the replies Im considering joining up with a club shortly im just doing my research before hand to see on which club would be best suited for me to join etc
matt95
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Mar 2018, 11:43 am

matt95 wrote:hey everyone! my name is matt I live in west vic in the melton area (strathtulloh) im just wondering if anyone is interested in a hunting buddy, I've got a 223 at this stage so I cant go for deer but will be getting a deer gun very shortly thanks!

Have you had the 223 very long? What brand/model is it?
What have you been hunting with it?
Can you give a clue where you live without being too precise?
Do you reload?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 27 Mar 2018, 11:48 am

Oldbloke wrote:Can you give a clue where you live without being too precise?

matt95 wrote:I live in west vic in the melton area (strathtulloh)

He's actually very close to my place, though I'm not in Strathtulloh :wtf:
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 27 Mar 2018, 1:42 pm

matt95 wrote:thanks for the replies Im considering joining up with a club shortly im just doing my research before hand to see on which club would be best suited for me to join etc

If you're shooting rifles only, in Victoria, there's no practical reasons for joining a club. It's good to support the sport and build membership, but from practical point of view, I think it would be a waste of your money.

If you want to meet people, hangout here and contribute. You may even meet Oldbloke. He's actually a softy lol Maybe organise a meet and greet around your parts.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by matt95 » 27 Mar 2018, 3:10 pm

where are you from youngbuck?
ive had a tikka t3 223 for a month now but before that I had a ruger for awhile I don't reload but I use sako gamehead 55g , I mainly hunt bunnies but im pretty open to hunting what ever the calibre is capable of
im from the melton area
matt95
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by brinny » 27 Mar 2018, 4:14 pm

matt95 wrote:where are you from youngbuck?
ive had a tikka t3 223 for a month now but before that I had a ruger for awhile I don't reload but I use sako gamehead 55g , I mainly hunt bunnies but im pretty open to hunting what ever the calibre is capable of
im from the melton area

Been following this thread with a bit of interest to see where it goes.....Im out at Coimadai....which is over the Gisbourne side of Melton, just in behind the lake.....
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Mar 2018, 5:53 pm

juststarting wrote:
matt95 wrote:thanks for the replies Im considering joining up with a club shortly im just doing my research before hand to see on which club would be best suited for me to join etc

If you're shooting rifles only, in Victoria, there's no practical reasons for joining a club. It's good to support the sport and build membership, but from practical point of view, I think it would be a waste of your money.

If you want to meet people, hangout here and contribute. You may even meet Oldbloke. He's actually a softy lol Maybe organise a meet and greet around your parts.

Not true. I'm a nasty old kunt. I'll put ya on the rack or stocks if you keep talking about me along those lines.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by matt95 » 27 Mar 2018, 9:06 pm

brinny wrote:
im from the melton area

Been following this thread with a bit of interest to see where it goes.....Im out at Coimadai....which is over the Gisbourne side of Melton, just in behind the lake.....

the better part of the melton area mate, or would it be under moorabool shire ?
matt95
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by brinny » 27 Mar 2018, 9:21 pm

matt95 wrote:
brinny wrote:
im from the melton area

the better part of the melton area mate, or would it be under moorabool shire ?

Gods country out here mate....where the sheep are tame and the foxes bloody nervous, where i live anyway,......Moorabool shire here mate....
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by southwest shooter » 28 Mar 2018, 11:55 am

Heading put this arvo , you're welcome to tag along . Which part of Kabul are you in ?
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by miguelfarfan78 » 03 Jul 2018, 7:51 pm

hi there, my name is rodrigo, im new to hunting with a compound bow, in february i went for a drive up to licola through jamieson in victoria on my own , i wanted to see if i could build up some courage to go camp out and have a go at stalking deer, but i walked into bush a bout 10 metres and came accross a big fat red belly, i s**t myself and went to the jamieson pub instead,,.my friends arent into hunting so im seeing if anybody here is interested in organising for a weekend from friday afternoon unil sunday afternoon around victoria?
miguelfarfan78
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control