Permission to Hunt app

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Permission to Hunt app

Post by Jon79 » 27 Mar 2018, 5:03 pm

What's peoples though on this new app?

I put it on my phone just so I could have a look at it and my thoughts are it wont be a whole lot of use as most older farmers etc are no good on the iPhones and wouldn't have the app even if they were to grant you permission

more info here

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/asset ... on-app.pdf
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Permission to Hunt app

Post by RoginaJack » 27 Mar 2018, 8:19 pm

HHmmm, where did you download it from (can't find the link in above)
?
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Jon79 » 27 Mar 2018, 8:30 pm

RoginaJack wrote:HHmmm, where did you download it from (can't find the link in above)
?

free on app store (iTunes)

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/get-per ... 64199?mt=8
Last edited by Jon79 on 27 Mar 2018, 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Mar 2018, 9:23 pm

Just go to the app store or equivalent for Android and search for "Get Permission" then hit the download button.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by marksman » 28 Mar 2018, 7:06 am

probably good for those with a mobile phone :lol:
no need in vic
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 28 Mar 2018, 7:16 am

I doubt any landholder is going to give permission to hunt on their land to someone they have never met before over the phone.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Jon79 » 28 Mar 2018, 9:30 am

sungazer wrote:I doubt any landholder is going to give permission to hunt on their land to someone they have never met before over the phone.

I don’t think that’s how it works, looking at it it’s basically proof of permission if questioned by police etc

eg if you already shoot on a property/s you get the owner/s to show proof of permission via the app then you have basically written proof that you are allowed to be where you are if ever questioned by anyone

That said I doubt that many farmers would be able to operate their iPhone etc to use the app anyway..... maybe in 10yrs lol
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by YoungBuck » 28 Mar 2018, 11:50 am

sungazer wrote:I doubt any landholder is going to give permission to hunt on their land to someone they have never met before over the phone.

Reading the pdf, hunters cant just willy nilly apply for any old piece of land. Each land holder has a unique ID which they give out to hunters they are happy with to shoot on their land. Those hunters then use the app to apply to hunt on specific days I guess, if anything it's more of a management tool for farmers to know who is shooting on their land and when.
BUT as others have said, I reckon many farmers don't have the hardware to support this. My older relos who own 650 acres in country vic where I go foxing have a landline and basic nokia phone...
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Archie » 28 Mar 2018, 12:28 pm

It's probably a waste of time, but, look on the positive side, DPI actively trying to do something to make legitimate licenced hunting easier - thats got to be positive even if the app itself isn't too useful. At least they're trying.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 28 Mar 2018, 1:40 pm

seriously Archie it is a wast of time, there is no positive to this except someone in the DPI dept has proven to his boss he has a purpose for being there,
the written consent thing you have in NSW is just rubbish and not necessary

why? what farmer wants to waste his time doing this crap instead of farming? I have to get a written permission in Victoria for permission to shoot pest animals in certain areas and it is a hindrance to most farmers who cant be bothered or think this may mean they will loose control of who has permission to be on there land
and when has a written consent or app ever stopped a poacher?
IMO a waste of time and money :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 28 Mar 2018, 1:51 pm

The whole written permission is croc...farmers dont like signing forms...none that i know anyway.
& im one of those (ni doubt many) who always forget to keep signatures up to date.

That app sounds like a croc...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by VICHunter » 29 Mar 2018, 9:48 am

"Permission" :roll:

You suck NSW Gov.
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria