Where to hunt in South Australia?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Where to hunt in South Australia?

Post by drummo1994 » 09 May 2018, 5:57 pm

G’day, I’m looking for places to shoot on the Fleurieu Peninsula. Are there any spots that anyone knows of, or is hunting restricted to private property only?
drummo1994
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Where to hunt in South Australia?

Post by bigpete » 10 May 2018, 8:03 pm

Private property only pretty much mate.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 10 May 2018, 8:42 pm

drummo1994 wrote:G’day, I’m looking for places to shoot on the Fleurieu Peninsula. Are there any spots that anyone knows of, or is hunting restricted to private property only?

When I was a kid there was tons of crown land in SA - now there is none open to hunting :-(
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 11 May 2018, 10:31 am

Geez how old are you bladeracer ? :D
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 11 May 2018, 2:06 pm

If you can identify any unalienated crown land you can hunt on it, but expect someone to report you and then when the cops rock up, you can try to explain yourself. Not really a viable option in my opinion.

With a few exceptions including duck hunting on game reserves, hunting is almost entirely private land only.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 11 May 2018, 3:36 pm

Pretty much spot on bent arrow and its been like that for as long as I or my father can remember
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 11 May 2018, 3:49 pm

Unless you have big kahoonas...like this guy...

I remember being at Walker Flat some 20-25 yrs ago & hearing gunshots...
You would often here the gas guns in the distance but on this occasion i could hear what to me sounded like shotgun(s) going off...
So i followed my ears & bugga me--i ended up seeing this guy with his 12g SxS blowing away a heap of ducks on & close to the bank in front of a mother & 2 little kiddies out of duck season, & barely 50 metres from the last shack...

He had lured the ducks in with bread & the mum took the kids over to have a look at the cute ducks being fed...

The mother quickly retreated with 2 young kids in hysterical tears...

When it was all over i asked the bloke if he was allowed to do that, & his attitude was he didnt care...they were his ducks as much as anyone else's, & he wasnt shooting people so therefor it was none of anyones business....

I know it was just over 2 decades ago, but that was still brazen for back then...!!!

To the best of my knowledge nothing happened to him...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by gazza » 11 May 2018, 6:54 pm

Fleurieu is pretty booked out.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 11 May 2018, 6:55 pm

Lol,it who you know.....;)
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 12 May 2018, 7:59 am

Have I got this right? Every state except Vic don't allow hunting on almost any Crown Land. Exception being NSW with an R licence.

Sheesh, and Victoria has heaps of crown land to hunt on. I feel lucky.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by BuckLuck » 03 Feb 2022, 10:25 am

Theres still some unalienated crown land in areas on the murray.. youll have to use the atlas map and but titpe info to get the deed certificates.. I found a good spot last night and printed the title certificate incase anyone rocks up to bother me
BuckLuck
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by gilmatasta » 20 Aug 2022, 7:12 pm

BuckLuck wrote:Theres still some unalienated crown land in areas on the murray.. youll have to use the atlas map and but titpe info to get the deed certificates.. I found a good spot last night and printed the title certificate incase anyone rocks up to bother me

Wow that's awesome. Had a little lookie in the atlas map a while back but was just kinda trial and error also wasn't willing to shill out. It's a little nuts because legally you can use it but facets of the government try to hide it i've contacted a few departments before and they were like "nup, don't exist".
gilmatasta
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Aug 2022, 10:13 pm

Your time is much better spent watching utube videos on "how to laugh like scooby doo"
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by animalpest » 22 Aug 2022, 7:23 pm

Stix wrote:Unless you have big kahoonas...like this guy...

I remember being at Walker Flat some 20-25 yrs ago & hearing gunshots...
You would often here the gas guns in the distance but on this occasion i could hear what to me sounded like shotgun(s) going off...
So i followed my ears & bugga me--i ended up seeing this guy with his 12g SxS blowing away a heap of ducks on & close to the bank in front of a mother & 2 little kiddies out of duck season, & barely 50 metres from the last shack...

He had lured the ducks in with bread & the mum took the kids over to have a look at the cute ducks being fed...

The mother quickly retreated with 2 young kids in hysterical tears...

When it was all over i asked the bloke if he was allowed to do that, & his attitude was he didnt care...they were his ducks as much as anyone else's, & he wasnt shooting people so therefor it was none of anyones business....

I know it was just over 2 decades ago, but that was still brazen for back then...!!!

To the best of my knowledge nothing happened to him...

I doubt "nothing happened to him" :sarcasm:
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by mickb » 24 Aug 2022, 9:15 am

Oldbloke wrote:Have I got this right? Every state except Vic don't allow hunting on almost any Crown Land. Exception being NSW with an R licence.

Sheesh, and Victoria has heaps of crown land to hunt on. I feel lucky.

I think QLD is as you say oldbloke. At least I dont know of any crown land that is shootable. Then again I was overseas a lot of years.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey