starting up again

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

starting up again

Post by Jon79 » 14 May 2018, 10:24 am

Well after a fair few years out of the shooting game I decided to get back in to it....game wise its all new as I no longer live near my old hunting grounds where you had a very good idea on what to expect where, picked up two new rifles the other day which was a Howa 243 and a Ruger American 223 and still have pta's to get a 22lr in case I get the urge to shoot some bunnies and an another for an Adler just cos I can

Next hurdle will be accessing properties not being a local (haven't lived here 20yrs to qualify lol) although called in to the local feed store to grab some stuff today and talking to the owner shooting came up and he asked if I could go out to his property and remove as many pest animals as possible...even offered to pay for ammo (not that I'd take up the offer, happy to buy my own)
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: starting up again

Post by Diddums » 14 May 2018, 10:32 am

Jon79 wrote:Next hurdle will be accessing properties not being a local (haven't lived here 20yrs to qualify lol) although called in to the local feed store to grab some stuff today and talking to the owner shooting came up and he asked if I could go out to his property and remove as many pest animals as possible...even offered to pay for ammo (not that I'd take up the offer, happy to buy my own)

Well done, in my recent experience it's very lucky to have someone to ask you to come out and clean up a few pests.
Hopefully the owner will have some mates you vmcan help out as well.
Diddums
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: starting up again

Post by Gwion » 15 May 2018, 1:43 pm

That's a good start, mate.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control