Deer hunting Omeo/Bindi/Swifts Creek

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Deer hunting Omeo/Bindi/Swifts Creek

Post by duckhead » 28 May 2018, 4:16 am

Hi guys. I am a newbie to this site.

I am a very keen shooter. Manly ducks. Odd fox and deer. Used to do heaps of rabbit shooting until the virus was released 20 years ago.

I have shot the odd fallow deer down around Korumburra/Leongather (where i live). And have decided to get into deer shooting big time.

I have sold my house in Melbourne and would like to buy a bush block in the High Country to shoot deer. The property prices are very expensive in areas within 2 to 3 hours of Melbourne. BUT I have found some cheaper properties around Omeo and Bindi.

Does anybody know what the deer population is like in the Bindi Valley (near Omeo)??

I would love to buy a property up there to shoot deer and also set up a hut to camp in. Also try to find other shooters who might pay for shooting rights to head pay morgage on property.
duckhead
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Deer hunting Omeo/Bindi/Swifts Creek

Post by duckhead » 02 Jun 2018, 2:08 pm

Ok. I have spoke to a stock agent in Sale and he reckons Bindi is crawling with deer. But the property I was looking at has sold. A plantation company bought it. The stock agent recons you need to be quick to buy the big acre cheap land that comes up. This one was 1500 acres, small house, a hut, and plenty of sheds. Pricee $660,000
duckhead
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by duckhead » 02 Jun 2018, 2:09 pm

Ok. I have spoke to a stock agent in Sale and he reckons Bindi is crawling with deer. But the property I was looking at has sold. A plantation company bought it. The stock agent recons you need to be quick to buy the big acre cheap land that comes up. This one was 1500 acres, small house, a hut, and plenty of sheds. Pricee $660,000
duckhead
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by marksman » 02 Jun 2018, 4:38 pm

I dont know about the deer populations in the areas you are asking but $660,000 for 1500 acres, house, hut and sheds, IMO bargain deer property
good luck with it :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by duckhead » 02 Jun 2018, 5:03 pm

Yes. I thought so. But I was to slow. Its sold.

But its still advertised on Realestate.com

Its pretty rough country. But still a beautiful property.
duckhead
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 02 Jun 2018, 5:04 pm

All the hills in that area are full of deer and feral dogs.
Very nearly bought a property on the Victoria/Cobungra confluence about 10years ago and have spent a lot of time in those hills as i grew up in Ovens/King valleys.

Good luck finding a well priced property. There is a lot of state forrest accessible all around there so you don't necessarily need big acerage for a weekender to hunt and fish from.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by duckhead » 03 Jun 2018, 6:46 am

Thanks for your advice Gwion
duckhead
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey