Show us your Rimfire Groups!

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Show us your Rimfire Groups!

Post by Stix » 07 Mar 2019, 8:45 pm

Nice targets from both of you Gamerancher... :thumbsup:

How long do you think until you loose the P94 to him you rekon...? :unknown: ...( :lol: )
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by BaronBoy » 15 Apr 2019, 10:46 pm

IMG_0275.jpg
IMG_0275.jpg (2.54 MiB) Viewed 86 times

From last Wednesday. The rifle is a Walther target rifle with a Central sight (no telescopic sights for me please) shooting Ely Club ammunition at 50 metres. Just to be slightly more difficult this was under lights and I was not using a bench rest. The central black area is 10 cm in diameter and I had 36 out of 40 rounds in the black. I was quite pleased, especially as the results the previous week was not something to publicise.
BaronBoy
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 16 Apr 2019, 3:28 am

BaronBoy wrote:
IMG_0275.jpg

From last Wednesday. The rifle is a Walther target rifle with a Central sight (no telescopic sights for me please) shooting Ely Club ammunition at 50 metres. Just to be slightly more difficult this was under lights and I was not using a bench rest. The central black area is 10 cm in diameter and I had 36 out of 40 rounds in the black. I was quite pleased, especially as the results the previous week was not something to publicise.

It looks decent. What's a "Central sight" though?
Cleaver just got a bunch of William's Peep Sights in stock at great prices if anybody is looking for a better sight picture for target shooting.
Is Eley Club the ammo that the rifle likes most?
What changed to make one group more right-centric? Is it a six-o'clock hold perhaps with some unwanted cant?
I would recommend offhand shooting if you want to rapidly improve your open-sight shooting.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by BaronBoy » 16 Apr 2019, 1:37 pm

bladeracer wrote:
BaronBoy wrote:
IMG_0275.jpg

It looks decent. What's a "Central sight" though?
Cleaver just got a bunch of William's Peep Sights in stock at great prices if anybody is looking for a better sight picture for target shooting.
Is Eley Club the ammo that the rifle likes most?
What changed to make one group more right-centric? Is it a six-o'clock hold perhaps with some unwanted cant?
I would recommend offhand shooting if you want to rapidly improve your open-sight shooting.

The sight is an aperture or peep sight. Normally there are four targets set out in two rows and for some inexplicable reason the worst of the four is the lower left one but why one group is more right-centric is still work in progress. It may be some unwanted cant although I use the horizontal bar in the foresight ring to try to eliminate that. Offhand shooting is to come. Eley Club is the only ammunition that I have fired so nothing to compare it with so far.
BaronBoy
Private
Private

Tasmania

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges