Range hire

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Range hire

Post by sungazer » 10 Jul 2018, 9:02 pm

The RO qualifications may be up to the range to a certain extent, However as there are really only two main types of ranges operated, either by the SSAA or under the banner of the VRA / NRAA. I know the VRA has a range accreditation test that extends to the NRAA as well. So there is a standard written test for the whole of Australia for the NRAA ranges the accreditation does have some levels which are really experienced based not written.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by southwest shooter » 10 Jul 2018, 9:12 pm

Hey boys no need to have hissy fits .
I've got ranges organised , you've only got to get to Syria or crimea , whatever is easier .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bills Shed » 11 Jul 2018, 9:35 am

If you get really desperate there is a perfect range for you in Paraburdoo. ( I will let you look it up ). It is a 600m range with mounds and target frames at each mound. 6 x Benches are provided and they are solid. (Cast concrete) Also you have open areas for 3P and field rifle. Overhead protection from the weather, (Read, tin mounted to used drill rods) you could camp there if you see the president of the club. You will not be bothered by more than one shooter a week, if that. There is also a shotgun DTL setup there and 5 stand, (also see the president of the club.) I built that trap house. Make sure you take a 4x4 as it is a gravel road and subject to water run off. Flys can be an issue in Summer and if you do not like iron ore country you will be in trouble! It is one of those places where you have the whole place to yourself for weeks at a time. Wood stocks are a bit of an issue as the termites can smell a fresh piece of wood at 3km. Take some spare water, 40+ in Summer is not uncommon. Do not worry about having colour schemed rifles as they will all be red at the end of the day, ( did I mention iron ore?). With all that in mind, it is still the best range I have ever shot on for sheer simplicity, piece and quiet and generally left to your own devices. Nobody is going to hear you scream. Enjoy

Bill
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 11 Jul 2018, 12:25 pm

Bills Shed wrote:If you get really desperate there is a perfect range for you in Paraburdoo. ( I will let you look it up ). It is a 600m range with mounds and target frames at each mound. 6 x Benches are provided and they are solid. (Cast concrete) Also you have open areas for 3P and field rifle. Overhead protection from the weather, (Read, tin mounted to used drill rods) you could camp there if you see the president of the club. You will not be bothered by more than one shooter a week, if that. There is also a shotgun DTL setup there and 5 stand, (also see the president of the club.) I built that trap house. Make sure you take a 4x4 as it is a gravel road and subject to water run off. Flys can be an issue in Summer and if you do not like iron ore country you will be in trouble! It is one of those places where you have the whole place to yourself for weeks at a time. Wood stocks are a bit of an issue as the termites can smell a fresh piece of wood at 3km. Take some spare water, 40+ in Summer is not uncommon. Do not worry about having colour schemed rifles as they will all be red at the end of the day, ( did I mention iron ore?). With all that in mind, it is still the best range I have ever shot on for sheer simplicity, piece and quiet and generally left to your own devices. Nobody is going to hear you scream. Enjoy

Bill

Sounds like absolute bliss!
Love the Pilbara and the Kimberley :-)
I grew up in South Hedland, and my dad did a short stint at Mt Newman, but I don't recall if I ever got to Paraburdoo. But, as a firearm owner, I have no intention of ever crossing that border again. California has more sensible firearm laws than WA.

My question in my last post was legitimate, what are the differences between a range and a farm that make range hire virtually impossible?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 11 Jul 2018, 12:27 pm

We have an amazing, and very rare, day here today, warm, dry, sunshine, no wind at all, perfect for load development...but I'm crook as a dog :-(
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 11 Jul 2018, 9:16 pm

That's law of universe in action
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jul 2018, 1:01 am

Ziad wrote:That's law of universe in action

Yep, everything is against us :-)
I spent an hour sitting in the sun with the dog (he adores baby creatures), watching our baby rabbits venturing out into the sunshine, very relaxing. Then had more drugs and went back to bed. I'm over the hump I think, and hoping to be well enough to go up to Frankston to pick up some more rifles for the weekend.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 12 Jul 2018, 8:57 am

Lol you need a safe bugg enough to fit a house, actually saw plans for a new house that actually had a built in safe room... and labelled as such, and it's an Australian company
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 12 Jul 2018, 9:41 am

Bills Shed wrote:If you get really desperate there is a perfect range for you in Paraburdoo. ( I will let you look it up ). It is a 600m range with mounds and target frames at each mound. 6 x Benches are provided and they are solid. (Cast concrete) Also you have open areas for 3P and field rifle. Overhead protection from the weather, (Read, tin mounted to used drill rods) you could camp there if you see the president of the club. You will not be bothered by more than one shooter a week, if that. There is also a shotgun DTL setup there and 5 stand, (also see the president of the club.) I built that trap house. Make sure you take a 4x4 as it is a gravel road and subject to water run off. Flys can be an issue in Summer and if you do not like iron ore country you will be in trouble! It is one of those places where you have the whole place to yourself for weeks at a time. Wood stocks are a bit of an issue as the termites can smell a fresh piece of wood at 3km. Take some spare water, 40+ in Summer is not uncommon. Do not worry about having colour schemed rifles as they will all be red at the end of the day, ( did I mention iron ore?). With all that in mind, it is still the best range I have ever shot on for sheer simplicity, piece and quiet and generally left to your own devices. Nobody is going to hear you scream. Enjoy

Bill

Yep just got ta try to get ya firearms into the weirdness that is WA !!!! :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 12 Jul 2018, 11:34 am

They will stop you at the border and put you in the immigration detention centre.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges