200mter fun.

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: 200mter fun.

Post by Daddybang » 24 Oct 2018, 8:56 am

Thanks big fella...just gives me an idea of size to look for when I get to the in laws on the weekend! :D :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Oct 2018, 9:58 am

Daddybang wrote:Thanks big fella...just gives me an idea of size to look for when I get to the in laws on the weekend! :D :thumbsup: :drinks:

Your welcome mate, bigger the better I reckon, makes getting to the bullseye that much easier in the end :D :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by marksman » 24 Oct 2018, 12:33 pm

if you want some hardened steel targets Daddybang you can use old used plow disc's or used blades off graders ect ....
when hanging them seat belts or rubber strap is good as you will shoot through it without cutting it in half
I'm exited for you Daddybang you and yours are going to have a heap of fun :drinks: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 24 Oct 2018, 3:21 pm

marksman wrote:if you want some hardened steel targets Daddybang you can use old used plow disc's or used blades off graders ect ....
when hanging them seat belts or rubber strap is good as you will shoot through it without cutting it in half
I'm exited for you Daddybang you and yours are going to have a heap of fun :drinks: :drinks:

Thanks for the tips mate . Ive got a blade off the loader(one that bolts to the bucket) that should be ok hey???? :drinks: :drinks:

bigfellascott wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Thanks big fella...just gives me an idea of size to look for when I get to the in laws on the weekend! :D :thumbsup: :drinks:

Your welcome mate, bigger the better I reckon, makes getting to the bullseye that much easier in the end :D :drinks:

Thats the way I was thinkin!! I'll take every advantage I can get!!! :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 24 Oct 2018, 5:40 pm

the blade off the loader is perfect, the steel work hardens and from what I have seen wont dent
make sure you paint the gong white Daddybang it stands out way better but it is a good idea to put a black dot in the middle for a smaller aim point :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Oct 2018, 7:01 pm

Color it pink..... seeking or cricket balls come in pink
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 25 Oct 2018, 7:58 am

marksman wrote:the blade off the loader is perfect, the steel work hardens and from what I have seen wont dent
make sure you paint the gong white Daddybang it stands out way better but it is a good idea to put a black dot in the middle for a smaller aim point :drinks:

:thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Oct 2018, 9:22 am

My 200m range has a deep dip with a dam and a gully in it between my shooting point and the target, but they are level with each other.
The topography here makes it hard to find the "perfect" spot, lots of wide open spaces but the ground is up and down like a whore's drawers.
This spot, happily, is right at the front of the house.
The only drawback is the gully, it means a long walk to tape over previous shots. Being old and lazy I just drive.
Thankfully the Hawke scope is clear enough to see the .22 holes unless there is heat haze making focus difficult.
The target is under the red arrow.
Attachments
20181020_111232.jpg
20181020_111232.jpg (343.75 KiB) Viewed 6932 times
Coreflute.jpg
Coreflute.jpg (533.56 KiB) Viewed 6932 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 25 Oct 2018, 9:26 am

nice backstop Gaz :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Oct 2018, 9:33 am

Thanks mate, I wanted to make sure I didn't have rounds going any further.

The railway track plates crater a bit, but they pull them up.

Except for the two 70gn RDF that hit the bottom edge. The timber pile would have dealt with whatever made it through though.
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 25 Oct 2018, 4:50 pm

Nice one Mick, just don't put holes in the stock in the background :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 25 Oct 2018, 5:03 pm

Thats a f@#kin nice lookin spot gaz!! :drinks:
My target is tech screwed to a small paper bark growing out of the floor of my dam (no water in it atm) and is sitting approx 1.5 meters below my "bench" so not ideal but plenty good enough for playing around. :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Oct 2018, 5:29 pm

I love your target backing
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Oct 2018, 7:08 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Nice one Mick, just don't put holes in the stock in the background :D

My second biggest worry mate, I'd reeeally hate to accidentally drop the landlord :shock:

Hence the overkill on the backing.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Oct 2018, 7:10 pm

Daddybang wrote:Thats a f@#kin nice lookin spot gaz!! :drinks:
My target is tech screwed to a small paper bark growing out of the floor of my dam (no water in it atm) and is sitting approx 1.5 meters below my "bench" so not ideal but plenty good enough for playing around. :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:

Still lightyears ahead of having to drive to somewhere and line up for your turn though, eh DB?
We are very fortunate to live as we do :thumbsup:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Oct 2018, 7:13 pm

Ziad wrote:I love your target backing

Yeah, a mate of mine put me onto it, a very smart man. :D
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 25 Oct 2018, 7:16 pm

Is that backstop the gonna be the bon fire on the final night when we all crash your place for a shoot'n weekend Gaz...?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Oct 2018, 8:02 pm

That sounds the G O Stix!

Funny thing, I used to use the old pine for a back stop, I knew it had termites but no rounds were exiting the back and it was about 900mm thick so I thought it would be sweet.

Then one morning I looked over and it was down.

I thought, far canal I've blown it away, I even went to see if there were any sheep under it.

That was when I saw the tractor tracks around it.
I'd somewhat over-sampled a new batch of home brew the night before and slept right through to 9.30. The landlord had trucked the tractor over, did the job reloaded and departed while I was still dribbling on my pillow.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Oct 2018, 9:21 pm

Gee Gaznazdiak nice looken place and good target and the wood if you accidently shoot a sheep you have enough timber to have a bar-b-Q
or burn the carcass :thumbsup: ;) :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by Gaznazdiak » 26 Oct 2018, 12:32 am

Yeah GB, I'm pretty lucky, great place to live where I can shoot pretty much whenever I like, as well as a really good landlord that I get on with.

Nearest neighbor is about 3km away and it's only about 35km to town, not far enough to be a pain, but far enough that I don't get casual drop-ins.

It's right on the top of the Divide here so it gets windy enough to blow your eyeballs out your earholes most of the winter, but you get used to that.
It'd take a biiiig rotisserie to roast Lambert on that pile, eh? :D
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 Oct 2018, 6:12 am

Yes Gaznazdiak it's good to have it all at your finger tips and nobody hanging around to annoy you hey
Although it's nice to say giday to someone now and then
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 26 Oct 2018, 6:22 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Thats a f@#kin nice lookin spot gaz!! :drinks:

Still lightyears ahead of having to drive to somewhere and line up for your turn though, eh DB?
We are very fortunate to live as we do :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more Gaz. :drinks:
We've had to go without some luxuries( like a house and flushing toilet) to be able to afford the land but its more than worthwhile. :D :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 Oct 2018, 6:36 am

One thing DB your alive and hopefully your family is all good and you're keeping the dream alive mate the rest will come eventually :thumbsup:
You deserve a medal for hangin in there mate :thumbsup:
A house is just another job for the mrs to sweep it out and a flushing toilet is only another place for the dog to get a drink :) :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 26 Oct 2018, 6:57 am

That's spot on!
The fact the missus can handle living a little "primitive" is a huge bonus as well!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges