Bell and Carlson stocks for Tikka

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Bell and Carlson stocks for Tikka

Post by simmo » 16 Nov 2018, 7:17 am

Hey everyone

Keen to hear any experience people have had with Bell and Carlson stocks on Tikka rifles. I would be using it for Long range target shooting. What sort of magazines do they take, are they a solid platform and if there have been any issues.

Thanks in advance
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Bell and Carlson stocks for Tikka

Post by winton » 16 Nov 2018, 12:03 pm

I really like mine. Huge improvement over stock plastic. Feels solid and rigid.Uses the same bottom plate.

Not a huge overall improvement in accuracy but there is potential to bed stock. I think the tikka's already shoot well out of the box.

For long range, make sure you get the varmint.
winton
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 16 Nov 2018, 3:46 pm

winton wrote:I really like mine. Huge improvement over stock plastic. Feels solid and rigid.Uses the same bottom plate.

Not a huge overall improvement in accuracy but there is potential to bed stock. I think the tikka's already shoot well out of the box.

For long range, make sure you get the varmint.

good bedding will give you consistency not accuracy or precision
I don't have any personal input with bell and carlson stocks on tikka's but IMHO they are a very well made stock :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by simmo » 16 Nov 2018, 9:53 pm

Thanks everyone, I’m considering one as a cost effective option for a .280AI I’m in the early stages of having built. Was thinking it would be an interim stock until I get around to getting MDT HS3 or something similar
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges